Flames Jersey Thread

conundrumed

Didn't love it at first to be honest. I've always liked it on the shoulder patches and think it makes for cool hats/gear but I didn't like the jersey but I grew to really like the reverse retro concept they did with it. Was sad when they stopped it after a year. 

I think it's worth keeping around and creating another jersey with. The black looks really sharp. 

• Like 1

I thought the reverse retro version was cooler... although, it was more retro Canucks than it was retro Flames. I warmed up to it a bit, though. Maybe they should have worn red pants.

Personally, I think that introducing black to the Flames colour scheme was always a mistake - and you can ask anyone who knows me, I don't wear much else. The pedestal jersey, all the way up to the black 'C'... never really cared for it.

Love.

• Like 1

I didn't mind the logo and colour scheme.  I even thought we should've stuck with it for more than one season.  Black was cool back in the day.  Think it was popularized by the whole LA/Oakland Raiders and gangster rap era of the gen-x days.

But it was too far ahead of its time for the Calgary market.  This logo and jersey wasn't met with great reception and they ditched it the next year.  It also didn't help that we weren't that good that season.

The intro to black never bugged me, as cool is retro is now its only cool as retro because it went away, and in most cases they went away because they were losing popularity.  Like the royal blue Sabres jerseys, when they returned people said they never should've left, but I don't think I ever saw anyone wear one in person growing up and most of the '80's jerseys seemed uncool compared to what the early '90's expansion teams were coming out with.  The first jersey I bought with my own money was the first black C with the Blasty shoulder patches, some are definitely sour towards the black C but I'll always put it with the rebirth of the team.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • conundrumed changed the title to Flames Jersey Thread
2 hours ago, cross16 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this. @conundrumed not sure if you are up for changing the title to Jersey thread?

tomorrow the NHL is releasing their Reverse Retro jerseys and below is the predication of what the Flames will look like. Playing of the 90s jersey look and introducing black. 

Gross!

Love.

2 hours ago, cross16 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this. @conundrumed not sure if you are up for changing the title to Jersey thread?

tomorrow the NHL is releasing their Reverse Retro jerseys and below is the predication of what the Flames will look like. Playing of the 90s jersey look and introducing black. 

Doesn't blend in well with the sea of red.

New jersey confirmed.

I'm not a fan but mostly because I just associate that pedestal jersey with such bad times for the organization. They didn't have many options for another retro look so I get it, just not happy memory's with that jersey. 

The color scheme is cool though. 

No the biggest fan of the pedestal jersey. Probably my least favourite. But I'll buy this. Gotta have'em all! LOL 

Speaking of which - I'm looking for a Flames Accelerator jersey for my collection. I think there was only a Camalleri, Kipper and Iggy version. Anyone see one around for sale? 

ruMfPpJA%2B6jRUb0HdWVHU=&risl=&pid=ImgRa