Flames Jersey Thread

conundrumed

16 minutes ago, pcs said:

Ick. Only thing worse would have been using Blasty again. Lmao, I love that they have to find “retro” designs for Seattle and Vegas.

Vegas' version of retro should be the mob running the strip.

Or a fat Elvis.

Maybe get helmets that look like an Elvis hairdo.

3 hours ago, cross16 said:

New jersey confirmed.

I'm not a fan but mostly because I just associate that pedestal jersey with such bad times for the organization. They didn't have many options for another retro look so I get it, just not happy memory's with that jersey. 

The color scheme is cool though. 

Sorry, guys!  I have to say the Flames jersey’s absolutely look the best of the bunch!  Sharp looking and stands out far above the rest!

1 hour ago, rocketdoctor said:

This retro is disgusting.  So many better ideas they could have used.

Blech.

Even the "Calgary" extra jersey looked better than this one, and I wasn't a fan of that one.

This one looks like they had a bunch of leftover graphics they needed to use.

Not clean at all.

Nothing about it says it was done by pros.

10 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

lol. I’ve gotta agree. There are a lot of boring/ugly af ones.

Its all just supposed to be fun, give fans a little nostalgia and a cash grab from the hardcore jersey collectors very few will even inspire a 3rd like Blasty did.

13 minutes ago, sak22 said:

Its all just supposed to be fun, give fans a little nostalgia and a cash grab from the hardcore jersey collectors very few will even inspire a 3rd like Blasty did.

I'm not a pedestal fan at all, but I'll look on ebay sometimes for Flames jerseys. You're talking 400-500 for a pedestal Flames jersey. Obviously, there's a market for it. Blasty was going for about that much too, before the Flames brought it back

Adidas isn't renewing their contract with the NHL. If Nike ends up being the uniform supplier, there will be a lot more gimmick jerseys in the future.

I’ve been waiting for the NHL to start doing something different with the bottom striping of the jerseys for a while, and outside of a few Reverse Retro jerseys, it looks like we’re going to have to wait longer. 

Ffha4juWAAAa27L?format=jpg&name=small

The TBag jerseys are the closest to what I want the NHL to start experimenting with for all teams. There’s ”rain” in the background of the logo, the bottom striping has been replaced by crashing waves from the “storm”, lightning bolts appear on the arms… 

Boston did right with the Bear logo and the bottom striping being “cut up” and jagged, making it look like fur. 

Our blasty jersey has incorporated subtle, black on black fire patterns at the ends of the sleeves… but how about being more bold with it and replacing the bottom striping with a raging fire?? And the flaming C, or blasty, or perhaps a Phoenix logo rising from those bottom flames? (We can use a Phoenix, the coyotes are “Arizona” now). 

The oilers can have a huge oil stain as a logo and make the whole jersey look all greasy and dirty, and they could replace the bottom striping with an oil spill in the ocean and dead fish for the shoulder patches! 

The Kraken should have used their anchor logo for the crest, or a full Kraken octopus taking down a ship with hockey sticks in its tentacles. 

That’s what I want to see 

/end rant. 

sharks__86136.1666285114.jpg?c=1I think SJ did a nice job. Nice lines, cool colours. Pretty sharp. I’d actually wear something like this on the regular. I may get a Meier one. Then random people can say, “oh your a Sharks fan”. “Flames actually. What do you want for Meier with retention? Done”.lol

I still have a Golden Seals pennant.:)