2022 Offseason

Thebrewcrew

1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Let me guess, Neighbours, Bolduc and Snuggerud are off the table as well?

*tongue firmly in cheek*

STL isn’t a good trade partner and if Tkachuk wasn’t from there, I don’t think they’d even be considered because they don’t match up well at all in a deal like this

Honestly, STL is not worth trading with unless we totally bend them over.

I don't care what they are saying.

You want a 100 point player?

Pay for it.

We don't need you.

1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

*tongue firmly in cheek*

STL isn’t a good trade partner and if Tkachuk wasn’t from there, I don’t think they’d even be considered because they don’t match up well at all in a deal like this

I agree, I don’t even really want Kyrou. 

We need to be looking for centers and defense. 

3 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Honestly, STL is not worth trading with unless we totally bend them over.

I don't care what they are saying.

You want a 100 point player?

Pay for it.

We don't need you.

I’m a little spiteful so I don’t really want to trade him to his #1 destination.

But my bias aside, I don’t see the fit. I know I’m a broken record, but any salary they want to move won’t come here. They don’t have the prospects to do it.

This is a massive trade for the Calgary Flames, they’ve gotta get it right. If I’m

BT, it starts with a 2023 1st and one of an organizations best prospects. I don’t think there’s a hockey trade out there that makes sense

23 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I’m a little spiteful so I don’t really want to trade him to his #1 destination.

But my bias aside, I don’t see the fit. I know I’m a broken record, but any salary they want to move won’t come here. They don’t have the prospects to do it.

This is a massive trade for the Calgary Flames, they’ve gotta get it right. If I’m

BT, it starts with a 2023 1st and one of an organizations best prospects. I don’t think there’s a hockey trade out there that makes sense

I would go you one better.

1st plus an NHL ready prospect.

Even a sophomore player.

Lundell + 1st for instance.

Just for starters.

They would need to send a player our way to make it work, so we also charge for that.

7 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

*tongue firmly in cheek*

I agree, and I’m not sure any of the teams Tachuck has listed are good trade partners for Cgy (Fla, Dal, LVK, Nas, and Stl) 

none of those teams have anything we would be interested in.

this is gonna require a 3 team move, and maybe another pice like Hanifin but to add another player like Hanifin Cgy would need:

a decent young roster player or high prospect 

a first pick or equivalent 

a decent young D 

In return…I’m not sure many teams have that…Fla has no 1st round picks

till 2021 but they do have…and oddly enough…

Reinheart C/RW

Bennett C

I’m not sure those two would work for Tachuck I think Fla would need to sweeten the pot some but again no 1st rounders till 2025…maybe Cunclair or Lindell (sp?) 3 player return…all three would not

be individually as good as Tachuck and are all a bit older…but it would fill some

major holes in the lineup and open the door to trade a few other players 

11 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

I agree, and I’m not sure any of the teams Tachuck has listed are good trade partners for Cgy (Fla, Dal, LVK, Nas, and Stl) 

none of those teams have anything we would be interested in.

this is gonna require a 3 team move, and maybe another pice like Hanifin but to add another player like Hanifin Cgy would need:

a decent young roster player or high prospect 

a first pick or equivalent 

a decent young D 

In return…I’m not sure many teams have that…Fla has no 1st round picks

till 2021 but they do have…and oddly enough…

Reinheart C/RW

Bennett C

I’m not sure those two would work for Tachuck I think Fla would need to sweeten the pot some but again no 1st rounders till 2025…maybe Cunclair or Lindell (sp?) 3 player return…all three would not

be individually as good as Tachuck and are all a bit older…but it would fill some

major holes in the lineup and open the door to trade a few other players 

Nashville has it.

Tomasino

Fabbro

15 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Nashville has it.

Tomasino

Fabbro

Are they good? Young? 

worth giving up Tachuck for? 

edit…never mind, I read up on them yes probably the best option around, but can they afford to sign Tachuck would be the issue and are they willing to? 

i think Tachuck is a good fit for Nas those two are a bit younger than their current core who Tachuck’s age fits right into…

if this happens, we’d need to

look at moving out other players cause those two would be part of a very young core group…Backlund, Monahan (maybe) even Cole man and Toffoil would all have to go and Manji, Dube etc would be the new leadership core…but it would be a reset not a complete rebuild 

27 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

I'd like McTavish ..but if he was here he'd never play the us games.. 

Anaheim has zero reason to do that. They're still in the middle of a young rebuild and McTavish is a big part of it. California tax rates are high, so Tkachuk wouldn't want that either.

4 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Anaheim has zero reason to do that. They're still in the middle of a young rebuild and McTavish is a big part of it. California tax rates are high, so Tkachuk wouldn't want that either.

You may be right, I think @travel_dudesaid it best earlier .. Brad needs to get this right and it could conceivably take right up to the TDL.. it really doesn't matter what Chucky wants..he can be traded anywhere .. a team that can sign him long term logically should have the best offer , but we're already seeing many of these teams may not have the room to even take him..or pieces that make sense they'd be willing to give up . 

Az could come along with a great pick..a young kid ..and a player like Chycrun.. good players get a haul as playoff rentals ..

we forget Chucky is a stud.. he's young enough to fit into a rebuild .. he's experienced enough to help a contender .. every single team in the league wants a Chucky.. one of these preferred destinations could get him at the TDL for for less than now ..and then sign him.. let some bargain team take that hit .. 

the only caveat wouid be the longer we have him and if he's playing you run the risk of injury.. but teams thinking they can just nab him cheaper at that time are as well . 

You might get a team that's maybe not on his preferred list who believes if they get him they can convince him to stay and pay for the chance to try .. (see Hall in Arizona) ..  I guarantee Columbus was not on Johnnys 4 team trade list . 

i wouid actually want a first from an Arizona or Chicago instead of st Louis.. 

there seems to be a tone that Brad's hands are tied and he's dealing from weakness ..he's not , he's totally in the driver's seat on this ..  regardless if how it ends up there will be people screaming for his head tho 

1 minute ago, phoenix66 said:

See my post above .. players bet on themselves all the time . Teams do too..   they'd have a full season to convince him .. 

Outside of St. Loo, the other teams have the lowest tax rates in the league. He's maximizing cash. There's no other way to put it. It is crystal clear.

3 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

His return value would decrease. Who wants a 1 year rental that you know won't re-sign?

I think the list was a mistake.  Sure there are teams he might not want to sign long term with.  Other Canadian team for instance.  He might consider Toronto, but it's still the same Canadian issues.  He would get to play his brother more though.  I just don't think his list is as short as the one circulated.  It was hauled back as being a mistake.  It may have been a ploy by BT to drive some offers.  

So let me say differently, I think there are about 16 teams he would sign with.  Maybe there is just a couple of US teams he wouldn't.  Playoffs don't seem to be his thing.  

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

No Detroit on his list? Yay!! I can go back to hating him like I always did. He NEEDS the bs antics to be effective.

I'd like him in Detroit's division though. Just to watch Seider drop him lots. That would be fun.

Here you go.

https://thehockeywriters.com/red-wings-could-add-matthew-tkachuk-massive-trade/

Not sure how it even makes sense.  Bertuzzi's vax status would be an issue would it not?

The funny thing is they say $10M per year.  Yikes.

19 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

.. Brad needs to get this right and it could conceivably take right up to the TDL..

I think that would be a big mistake to wait up until then.  It would be a huge risk on the Flames part.  His value is the highest right now BEFORE the season starts.

All of the rumors are that the primary motivation here is Tkachuk wants to be in the US. I don't think you'll see him go to a Canadian team. As i've said before the best way to maximize value here is to work with the team on a sign and trade, it's really the only way I see them getting a great return. 

I think part of this is the Flames should be very open to taking a bad contract in return if it maximizes the return. If St Louis wants to get rid of Tarasenko great, give him to us and the price will go up.  Weaponize your cap space. If Dallas wants to dump Khudobin or even Benn i think you have to be open to that. 

Flames have a weapon now in their cap space and should 100% be using it to better their situation if they can. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Here you go.

https://thehockeywriters.com/red-wings-could-add-matthew-tkachuk-massive-trade/

Not sure how it even makes sense.  Bertuzzi's vax status would be an issue would it not?

The funny thing is they say $10M per year.  Yikes.

That's right. He's the one ..

I will say tho, if Steve Yzerman wants me as part of a team he's building..I'm listening 

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

All of the rumors are that the primary motivation here is Tkachuk wants to be in the US. I don't think you'll see him go to a Canadian team.

That's true but I do believe he would consider Ottawa for the obvious reasons.

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

All of the rumors are that the primary motivation here is Tkachuk wants to be in the US. I don't think you'll see him go to a Canadian team. As i've said before the best way to maximize value here is to work with the team on a sign and trade, it's really the only way I see them getting a great return. 

I think part of this is the Flames should be very open to taking a bad contract in return if it maximizes the return. If St Louis wants to get rid of Tarasenko great, give him to us and the price will go up.  Weaponize your cap space. If Dallas wants to dump Khudobin or even Benn i think you have to be open to that. 

Flames have a weapon now in their cap space and should 100% be using it to better their situation if they can. 

I agree.. but i go back to it doesn't matter what he wants... I could see Toronto pitching a good package .they're the most desperate win now team in the league .. Nylander for sure ..tho after I saw him skate away from a puck in the corner in the playoffs he might give Sutter a stroke ..  and I still feel the issue in the dressing room was between Gio and tkachuk after the puck flip..incident