2022 Offseason

Thebrewcrew

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

It's going to be a long summer.  Won't know what the lineup will look like until September.  Won't have RFA signed until August at latest.  Not likely in on any big name out there, except perhaps Kadri.  Without 13, it's hard to construct a meaningful lineup.

Kadri represents a need for a #2C.  Would use Mange and Toffoli maybe.

Backlund plays with who, other than Coleman.

Lots of 4th line players and a couple of kids that could come in.

But if we landed Kadri, then Backlund makes less sense.

We have some guys that could play 3 or 4C.

Still need to replace Gaudreau in some way.

Some undervalued playmaker?

Top RW to move Tkachuk to LW? 

I don't think you ever replace him..  but ya , a true #2 center gets Toffoli productive again .. mange can slot in on that top line with good offense ..  get backs back to more of a defensive role ..  Pelletier or Phillips may one day push for that johnny role ..but they certainly shouid get a look this year 

If all lines become more dangerous , the. You can essentially replace him by committee.. not unlike how we didn't miss Gio last year 

Just now, The_People1 said:

Wow why dump Sonny Milano and then turn around to sign Glenn Gawdin?  Pat Verbeek is proving to be no Bob Murray.  Brutal move.  Subtle but career defining for Verbeek.  If I'm BT, I'm calling Verbeek for trades right now.

I think they wanted to get away from arbitration.

Doesn't mean they don't re-sign him.

3 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

Ha!

good! 

2 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Wow why dump Sonny Milano and then turn around to sign Glenn Gawdin?  Pat Verbeek is proving to be no Bob Murray.  Brutal move.  Subtle but career defining for Verbeek.  If I'm BT, I'm calling Verbeek for trades right now.

Hahaha! But some truth there too! 

2 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

I don't think you ever replace him..  but ya , a true #2 center gets Toffoli productive again .. mange can slot in on that top line with good offense ..  get backs back to more of a defensive role ..  Pelletier or Phillips may one day push for that johnny role ..but they certainly shouid get a look this year 

If all lines become more dangerous , the. You can essentially replace him by committee.. not unlike how we didn't miss Gio last year 

My point was about losing a playmaker.

Mange is a finisher, as is Lindholm and Toffoli.

Pelts could be that guy in a couple of years, but if we are trying to compete....

23 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

Give it up.. it's getting old 

We see what happens ..we don't see what's happening behind the scenes or with other teams .. you can't just keep blowing up a team  every year you don't get a cup 

Even his bad signings ..you may as well fire every other gm in the league e at the same time because there was a high demand bidding war .. 

Your right ,blind faith and false optimism are far better than a structured plan or strategy. Sounds alot  like Trudeau and his budget will balance itself . What gets old is the fact that inaccurate and improper managment and businsess decisions should not be applauded but you do you. 

2 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

Your right ,blind faith and false optimism are far better than a structured plan or strategy. Sounds alot  like Trudeau and his budget will balance itself . What gets old is the fact that inaccurate and improper managment and businsess decisions should not be applauded but you do you. 

You're flipping out cuz we've only signed a couple of depth players .. the names were waiting for are likely talking to multiple teams ..so the fact we havent seen a spalsh while those names are still out there tells me that's where he's likely spending some time ..

I would have liked a quicker answer from Johnny but I accept the argument you keep pushing until you can't push anymore .. the return on his rights would have been low.. his return last offseason would be low as well after his brutal season.. and you can't trade him at the deadline when you're first in the conference ..  it happens...were not the first we won't be the last 

Nearly every team with the room wanted Neal..who knew he was about to fall off a cliff for the first time in his career?

We outbid 10 other teams for Brouwer ..same thing 

Every gm has moves he wants back ..but the fact we have top level players at every position and not one over $10m says a lot that most teams can't 

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Philly is out.  Just didn't have the cap to sign Johnny.

Sad reality is he might up up in the stinkhole city of Newark.

If it's NYI, they ain't paying him >$9.5M.

I'd say he might end up firing his agent ..except gross wanted him to take the Calgary deal.. so if it all backfires it's on Johnny.. hope the family thing was worth it 

If he ends up in Columbus then you know it backfired 

5 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Philly is out.  Just didn't have the cap to sign Johnny.

Sad reality is he might up up in the stinkhole city of Newark.

If it's NYI, they ain't paying him >$9.5M.

I just saw that! Chuck Fletcher says he’s done. Well, your move Johnny. 

its fun to think hypothetically that if we swing a deal with NJ for Chucky, it may force Johnny to go to NYI lol