2022 Offseason

Thebrewcrew

9 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Like a child holding a secret....don't tell it until you're forced to.

Better than $11x8 at any rate. Now he can get back to 80pts and constantly whining at the refs.

Sign with Philly and Torts.

Maybe the tough love is the only way he can play.

But I don't expect him to win any scoring titles or be part of best line in hockey.

He can drag around Hayes.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Sign with Philly and Torts.

Maybe the tough love is the only way he can play.

But I don't expect him to win any scoring titles or be part of best line in hockey.

He can drag around Hayes.

Don't mean this to sound like a shot ..but at least he won't have to hear people complain about his playoff performance for a few more years anyway ..

Tho part of me thinks it's not Philly..  don't rule out NYI, Buffalo..and of course NJ 

Just now, cross16 said:

Interesting the agent is already saying this. 

Ya like I was saying in the Johnny thread.. what I picked up was the flames and gross hammered out a deal , Gross took it to Johnny for his final approval..and he nixed it ..family decision 

1 minute ago, phoenix66 said:

Don't mean this to sound like a shot ..but at least he won't have to hear people complain about his playoff performance for a few more years anyway ..

Tho part of me thinks it's not Philly..  don't rule out NYI, Buffalo..and of course NJ 

If money is not a big thing, he can go to the NYI.

Buffalo with no Eichel?

54 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I really think the Flames are going to throw a pile of money at Kadri tomorrow. 

The Flames need to move Lucic and Monahan, but they could look something like this

Mangiapane-Lindholm-Tkachuk

Burakovsky-Kadri-Toffoli

Dube-Backlund-Coleman

Pelletier-Ruzicka-Duehr

Burakovsky is very good friends with Andersson, that could help the Flames. 

Brady Tkachuk signed long-term with Ottawa, nobody thought that would happen. If the Flames dangle the captaincy, I think that would really interest Matthew in sticking around. 

Not gonna lie . That's a pretty competitive lineup 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

JG proving why there is zero point in being a "everybody's buddy" GM. What a giant waste of time in critical times.

"It's $10 x 8 right now, but I have a team to look after and I'm not waiting".

The only possible positive is that he didn't say he wanted to test the market but would absolutely sign with CGY if they had a strong offer.  Instead we get the "love to be here if it works".  Then, somehow it's a last minute family decision?  BS, he knew it all along.

10 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

JG-Larkin-Raymond

Best line in hockey.lol

2 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Oh god spare me. The decision was made, thanks for wasting our time.

You would almost think Philly had had a convo with him, seeing as they made some moves and have had discussions about JVR.  All it would need be is a phone call to Hayes to grease the monkey.

If it's NJ, they have a bright future. They'd also be running an incredibly small top line of Gaudreau-Hughes-Bratt. Not built for playoff hockey at all.

If it's PHI, have fun. Philly fans are very passionate and Johnny/family will hear about it when the team doesn't meet (unrealistic) expectations.

If it's NYI, I'd be a bit confused. It's an old roster, not deep in prospects and theydon't have Trotz. But they do have Cizikas for 5 more year and Ross Johnston for 4. 

4 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

He wanted to play with his buddy JE.

That's all I was getting at.

Buffalo a dumpster for a few more years.

Oh I gotcha ..  but actually was Johnny his buddy? Thought that was Chucky..they were both in that US league

10 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

JG proving why there is zero point in being a "everybody's buddy" GM. What a giant waste of time in critical times.

"It's $10 x 8 right now, but I have a team to look after and I'm not waiting".

Agreed..lots to be said for being treated well.etc .. but I mean it.. Chucky should be about to get ridden hard... Extend .. or we Trade you.. .. or.. this can be your team...make a choice 

4 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

You would almost think Philly had had a convo with him, seeing as they made some moves and have had discussions about JVR.  All it would need be is a phone call to Hayes to grease the monkey.

That's why part of me thinks it won't be Philly.. they're bad now..they have to gut the team more just to afford him 

Word I heard was they refuse to eat any salary on JVR or Provorov tho 

I wish him well but I will have to say lost a ton of respect for the individual right now. This club and organization were good to this kid, with a decision like he knew a long time ago. What is really unrespectful is CGY tossing more money at him than he turns it down in the 11th hour, 100% disrespectful. Be a class act and let them know so you can leave on a good note, this just pissed everyone off. Like I said early will miss the little bastard after reviewing whats come out, lost a lot of respect for someone who comes accross as a respectful individual. 

That's why part of me thinks it won't be Philly.. they're bad now..they have to gut the team more just to afford him 

Word I heard was they refuse to eat any salary on JVR or Provorov tho 

NJ would be his best chance to win. Although they're still a few years away.

PHI or NYI aren't at all. Older teams with a lot of players with significant term.

At the end of the day..this time last year there was virtually nobody untouchable on this team.. 

Most , myself included were looking at good ways to get Johnny and Chucky out of town ..

We signed Gubrandson and Zadorov and we all facepalmed .. 

Johnny was soft..can't play in the playoffs ...

This year .. career years all around .. 

What changed ?  A year of Sutter .. he brings out the best of what you give him..

Whatever this lineup looks like next year.. they will be competitive..they will be a playoff team .because Sutter will push them all to another level ..it's what he does

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Okay, so ARI, what's it gonna take for Keller?

We want another smaller winger?

Can he pass?

Would need to replace Gaudreau.

Doesn't make us better.

Would take something like Mangiapane + Kylington.

Or Tkachuk.

If we were doing Tkachuk, I would want Chychrun + Keller.

At the end of the day..this time last year there was virtually nobody untouchable on this team.. 

Most , myself included were looking at good ways to get Johnny and Chucky out of town ..

We signed Gubrandson and Zadorov and we all facepalmed .. 

Johnny was soft..can't play in the playoffs ...

This year .. career years all around .. 

What changed ?  A year of Sutter .. he brings out the best of what you give him..

Whatever this lineup looks like next year.. they will be competitive..they will be a playoff team .because Sutter will push them all to another level ..it's what he does

We saw the regression in the playoffs.

So, what we need to do is have a roster that can win in the playoffs.

Tkachuk started out in the wrong way, and ended up being nothing.

The logical thing is to use our best tradable asset and get some good players.

Sign FA's that complement and can score in the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

I wish him well but I will have to say lost a ton of respect for the individual right now. This club and organization were good to this kid, with a decision like he knew a long time ago. What is really unrespectful is CGY tossing more money at him than he turns it down in the 11th hour, 100% disrespectful. Be a class act and let them know so you can leave on a good note, this just pissed everyone off. Like I said early will miss the little bastard after reviewing whats come out, lost a lot of respect for someone who comes accross as a respectful individual. 

Yeah there's not much point in being nice about it. "Oh thank you Johnny, you didn't even have the courtesy to lube up".

This is sports. I hope this ends up as, woooeeee, we totally dodged a cap bullet.

He doesn't play for us, so Blockchain him and the miniature pony he rode in on.

Don't get angry, get even. It's only entertainment.

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

Yeah there's not much point in being nice about it. "Oh thank you Johnny, you didn't even have the courtesy to lube up".

This is sports. I hope this ends up as, woooeeee, we totally dodged a cap bullet.

He doesn't play for us, so Blockchain him and the miniature pony he rode in on.

Don't get angry, get even. It's only entertainment.

Again ..love the kid..   but I wanna know who pastes him in his return game ..lol. My money is on Anderson 🤣