2022 Offseason

Thebrewcrew

28 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

Granted, except Tara has the added advantage of not just being a cap dump but a “sweetener” To land Tachuck…keep in mind this situation is a Sweepstakes to the highest bidder and there are at least 5 teams that can make offers with the confidence knowing he will sign long term..but door is open to others as per from Tachuck himself…bids and the end results l are gonna be higher than what some are preposing 

I still think it’s gonna be either Stl with

Tara

Thomas

Neigbours

1st 

2nd

for

tachuck

Monahan

+ minor offset with up side like Dube

OR

Anh

drysdale

lumdstrum

1st

2nd

for

Tachuck 

Those are pretty diverse deals.

I would take the 1st and start the car.

I don't like the 2nd offer.

Nothing about the other player screams high end.

If STL is doing Thomas and Neighbours, they are dropping the 1st.

They might do Krug + a 1st.

I even have a problem with seeing them do that.

Tkachuk for Thomas + Neighbours + Krug + 1st for Tkachuk.

The money works, just seems like they give up too much.

We come out of that deal laughing our faces off.

Mind you, I was never a fan of Krug but he provides offense.

Would we then be able to trade him to another team?

1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

If it's prospects, I love the fit with Dallas

Johnston- 124pts in 68 games. 41pts in 25 playoff games. Arguably, a top 5 prospect in the entire league

Bourque- 68 pts in 31 games. 25pts in 16 playoff games

Stankoven- 104pts in 59 games. 31 pts in 17 playoff games. 

All RHS

I also really like the fit with NJ too. I'd really want Mercer or Holtz.

If he is supposedly on Tkachuk's list, then why not both?

Bratt + Mercer + Holtz + 1st.

If he wasn't guaranteed to sign then you drop Mercer or Holtz.

Bidding war please.

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

If he is supposedly on Tkachuk's list, then why not both?

Bratt + Mercer + Holtz + 1st.

If he wasn't guaranteed to sign then you drop Mercer or Holtz.

Bidding war please.

I think NJ has a really good shot at landing him.

I think BT may be pushing for Nemec though. It's one thing to say you'd move that 2nd pick, little different when you actually have that kid in the organization now. They signed him already too, so NJ may not be willing

24 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Those are pretty diverse deals.

I would take the 1st and start the car.

I don't like the 2nd offer.

Nothing about the other player screams high end.

If STL is doing Thomas and Neighbours, they are dropping the 1st.

They might do Krug + a 1st.

I even have a problem with seeing them do that.

Tkachuk for Thomas + Neighbours + Krug + 1st for Tkachuk.

The money works, just seems like they give up too much.

We come out of that deal laughing our faces off.

Mind you, I was never a fan of Krug but he provides offense.

Would we then be able to trade him to another team?

Tachuck is a next level type of player,

you are forgetting, Monahan is part of that deal too 

Tero 

Thomas

1st

2nd

for

Tackuck (the big prize Eichle+ level)

Monahan (Ctr replacement need for Stl)

+ maybe Dube or similar (maybe Valimaki?)

So change of pace on this Tachuck thing…anyone have the 411 (inside scoop) on why he won’t re-up? Speculation is fall out from Gaudreau leaving but I have trouble believing that’s the big reason….why would Tachuck turn down the opportunity to be the “man”

in Calgary, he knows they are and will

find a way to replace gaudreau and improve the team and be the face of the franchise…he’d be building a legacy by staying long term….

personally, I think the issue is similar to Gaudrea in that with them Covid restrictions he just wants to be in the USA is all…to which that makes the most sense 

3 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

So change of pace on this Tachuck thing…anyone have the 411 (inside scoop) on why he won’t re-up? Speculation is fall out from Gaudreau leaving but I have trouble believing that’s the big reason….why would Tachuck turn down the opportunity to be the “man”

find a way to replace gaudreau and improve the team and be the face of the franchise…he’d be building a legacy by staying long term….

personally, I think the issue is similar to Gaudrea in that with them Covid restrictions he just wants to be in the USA is all…to which that makes the most sense 

I think this has been building for a while.

There were rumours of him being unhappy after the Muzzin incident.

Then last summer there were the unsubstantiated rumours of him wanting a trade. Obviously, where there's smoke there's fire. A year later, he wants to leave. 

Little surprising because he seemed like he would be the captain of the Flames at one point.

At least the Flames get to sell him off after a career season 

1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I think this has been building for a while.

There were rumours of him being unhappy after the Muzzin incident.

Then last summer there were the unsubstantiated rumours of him wanting a trade. Obviously, where there's smoke there's fire. A year later, he wants to leave. 

Little surprising because he seemed like he would be the captain of the Flames at one point.

At least the Flames get to sell him off after a career season 

Fair points..

Im a little put

off by these players as

of Late, rumour has it Manji is also not interested in a long term Deal…so thats

1ufa and possibly 2rfas that all stated at the seasons end that they would be very open to long term deals in Cgy and soon as the time comes they all recant and say they are not Interested in long term deals

in Cgy…

so what gives? 

mgt handling them? 
rats fleeing a Sinking ship?

2 of 3 being the US factor?

the point is, I really can’t understand it, there is a reason and it seems to be club based mostly but it’s just speculation at this point…again there is something behind the sense here we as fans are not aware of just yet, a really competitive team with the best line (2/3rd of

which are the primary exiting factors)

this just is not adding up….there is some factor here we are not being told as fans…I’m sure it will come out eventually, it has to cause whatever is driving this will Eventually need to be fixed if Cgy wants to attract good payers at some

point….

could it be Sutter? Maybe there is an issue with him and players we don’t know? Hard to believe after having career years under a coach like that and…he clearly turned the exact team that missed the playoffs the season before into a 2nd round team

in 1 season… But it could be the issue…or

not?! 

6 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

Fair points..

Im a little put

off by these players as

of Late, rumour has it Manji is also not interested in a long term Deal…so thats

1ufa and possibly 2rfas that all stated at the seasons end that they would be very open to long term deals in Cgy and soon as the time comes they all recant and say they are not Interested in long term deals

in Cgy…

so what gives? 

mgt handling them? 
rats fleeing a Sinking ship?

2 of 3 being the US factor?

the point is, I really can’t understand it, there is a reason and it seems to be club based mostly but it’s just speculation at this point…again there is something behind the sense here we as fans are not aware of just yet, a really competitive team with the best line (2/3rd of

which are the primary exiting factors)

this just is not adding up….there is some factor here we are not being told as fans…I’m sure it will come out eventually, it has to cause whatever is driving this will Eventually need to be fixed if Cgy wants to attract good payers at some

point….

could it be Sutter? Maybe there is an issue with him and players we don’t know? Hard to believe after having career years under a coach like that and…he clearly turned the exact team that missed the playoffs the season before into a 2nd round team

in 1 season… But it could be the issue…or

not?! 

The offseason was dependant on Gaudreau. When he left, I think it opened a whole new can of worms.

If Johnny signed, Tkachuk would very likely stick around. 

Mang's agent said he is interested in a "longer term" deal. We'll see though. You could get a good return for a player coming off 35 goals, if the Flames wanted to go that route

32 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

Simply put he wants to play in the USA .. his dad is head of recruiting in st Louis ..his uncle is the gm of NJ.. he had ties to Philly.. good buddies with Matthews, Eichel.. I think they all have a LeBron-like superteam pact somewhere 

5 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

Simply put he wants to play in the USA .. his dad is head of recruiting in st Louis ..his uncle is the gm of NJ.. he had ties to Philly.. good buddies with Matthews, Eichel.. I think they all have a LeBron-like superteam pact somewhere 

Mmm ok that’s understandable… US player wants to be in the US that I can accept with Gaudreau and Tachuck…but what is the deal with Manji? I Forget where I read it but someone, somewhere stated he’s not Interested in. Long term deal with Cgy…what gives? He’s definitely a fan fav  

Just now, MP5029 said:

Mmm ok that’s understandable… US player wants to be in the US that I can accept with Gaudreau and Tachuck…but what is the deal with Manji? I Forget where I read it but someone, somewhere stated he’s not Interested in. Long term deal with Cgy…what gives? He’s definitely a fan fav  

It’s the exact opposite, his agent said that they have submitted a long term offer to the Flames.

Just now, MP5029 said:

I think that's fabricated .. his own agent was on radio stating they themselves submitted a long term extension offer to the flames ...granted it's likely high so needs to be talked about but he's more than willing to stay long term 

2 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

I think that's fabricated .. his own agent was on radio stating they themselves submitted a long term extension offer to the flames ...granted it's likely high so needs to be talked about but he's more than willing to stay long term 

Yup! I Just checked that…seems Manji

is:

1. totally willing to sign long term 

and…possibly even more importantly…

2. he believes this team is only a

few short years away from

being a really good team…and he said that after gaudreau has left and while Tachuck’s departure seems imminent…sign this guy already BT…6x6 seems reasonable and he’s one guy there won’t be any buyers remorse on the last 2 years of that contract 

10 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

Yup! I Just checked that…seems Manji

is:

1. totally willing to sign long term 

and…possibly even more importantly…

2. he believes this team is only a

few short years away from

being a really good team…and he said that after gaudreau has left and while Tachuck’s departure seems imminent…sign this guy already BT…6x6 seems reasonable and he’s one guy there won’t be any buyers remorse on the last 2 years of that contract 

The culture is so totally different now.. Mang has had to fight for every step he took.. kind of a poor man's Johnny.. so he appreciates more the ones that gave him the shot..  the bigger names of today it's all about get good quick. Get that big conract early.. so you can be Ufa and then really cash in.. 

Guys like Sid keeps doing his $6.7M.. it's more about the winning to him...even Conner i hate to say it.. could have gotten whatever he asked for ..but took what was kind of a deal . Tho I still think it was too high too soon , it was a deal.. he cares about winning..  hard to believe Gretzky wasn't even the first $1m player .. someone else was while he was still winning scoring titles ( was either Shanahan or Stevens..forget which) .. the next to fall will be Mathews .. even if Toronto does pull out a cup .it won't mean as much to him as it will to Tavares .. no respect for the history .. the jersey on the chest means nothing ..  being a star just means your next paycheck just got bigger