2022 Offseason

Thebrewcrew

2 hours ago, sak22 said:

New arenas have better amenities for the players, locker rooms, showers, training facilities, parking, etc.  It might not be the biggest factor but it is a factor especially for a small market team, and going from having a plan to not is not good look.

well u can blame the Mayor that .. but thats a whole other conversation im not betting into again 

33 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Does the Eichel trade set the baseline for a Tkachuk trade? I think we would be looking at slightly less than what Buffalo got, just because of Eichel’s pedigree (former 2nd overall), his position (C), and the fact that he had a contract in place.

Buffalo got a top 10 protected 1st, and 2nd, plus a top prospect (Peyton Krebs), a youngish top 6 winger (Alex Tuch).

Now Tkachuk has a bit more control here because he can decide where he signs and for how long, so that determine a lot of the return.

The only reason that the Eichel trade was low was due to the risk of never being able to play at a top level again, combined with a $10M AAV.  

9 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

The only reason that the Eichel trade was low was due to the risk of never being able to play at a top level again, combined with a $10M AAV.  

I would be surprised if Tkachuk returned more than that. He is a winger, his AAV will most likely be close to $10m if not more, he doesn't have a contract, and everyone knows there is a time limit on this deal, Treliving can't wait this out till he gets the return he wants.

I don't think this is a surprise but this is the first writer/insider to voice this, out side of a few Calgary media members. 

Article is free to read. Says St Louis, Vegas, Florida, Nashville and Dallas are options for Tkachuk. Jersey and Rangers have inquired in the past.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I don't think this is a surprise but this is the first writer/insider to voice this, out side of a few Calgary media members. 

Article is free to read. Says St Louis, Vegas, Florida, Nashville and Dallas are options for Tkachuk. Jersey and Rangers have inquired in the past.

What ?  Not Ottawa or Columbus ?   lol

3 minutes ago, cross16 said:

The teams you mentioned ( STL, Vegas, Florida, Nashville and Dallas) are believed to be the teams on the list he supplied where he would sign long term. Credit to Tkachuk for at least giving a list and being transparent. The list is decent as well, Treliving should be able to get a bit of war going.

42 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Does the Eichel trade set the baseline for a Tkachuk trade? I think we would be looking at slightly less than what Buffalo got, just because of Eichel’s pedigree (former 2nd overall), his position (C), and the fact that he had a contract in place.

Buffalo got a top 10 protected 1st, and 2nd, plus a top prospect (Peyton Krebs), a youngish top 6 winger (Alex Tuch).

Now Tkachuk has a bit more control here because he can decide where he signs and for how long, so that determine a lot of the return.

Tkachuk could go UFA in 1-year so it really hurts his trade value.  Only 4 teams who believe they could extend Tkachuk would even pay close to what VGK paid for Eichel... And not every one of those teams have the pieces we want... And we don't even know what we want (rebuild vs keep going).

4 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

The teams you mentioned ( STL, Vegas, Florida, Nashville and Dallas) are believed to be the teams on the list he supplied where he would sign long term. Credit to Tkachuk for at least giving a list and being transparent. The list is decent as well, Treliving should be able to get a bit of war going.

yup.. I'll give him credit, hes doing the honorable thing 

2 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Tkachuk could go UFA in 1-year so it really hurts his trade value.  Only 4 teams who believe they could extend Tkachuk would even pay close to what VGK paid for Eichel... And not every one of those teams have the pieces we want... And we don't even know what we want (rebuild vs keep going).

yes but now we can trade him somewhere where hes already said he will sign long term 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

It's helpful but outside of St Louis those destinations leave a lot to be desired in terms of what the Flames can get back in return though. 

Florida - Have a hard time seeing them being involved due to the cap. Flames would have to take Bobrovsky i think. anton Lundell would be a must for me and would be a wicked piece to have but the cap feels very challenging here. 

Vegas - Similar to above cap makes this tough. Shea Theadore is really the only central piece that could make sense. Their young players and prospects suck. 

Nashville - They can pull this off but do they want to? This would be a big futures deal for Nashville

Dallas - Makes a ton of sense but unless Jason Robertson or Ottinger are involved it really doesn't look good. 

This is lining up to be St Louis or bust I think. 

11 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Interesting theme here. Likely shows you what Tkachuks' motivation is here. 

also worth nothing there isn't 1 Canadian team on this list. 

Man what a summer.  Don't remember one quite like this one.  Flames lose two of their top players against their will.

15 minutes ago, cross16 said:

It's helpful but outside of St Louis those destinations leave a lot to be desired in terms of what the Flames can get back in return though. 

Florida - Have a hard time seeing them being involved due to the cap. Flames would have to take Bobrovsky i think. anton Lundell would be a must for me and would be a wicked piece to have but the cap feels very challenging here. 

Vegas - Similar to above cap makes this tough. Shea Theadore is really the only central piece that could make sense. Their young players and prospects suck. 

Nashville - They can pull this off but do they want to? This would be a big futures deal for Nashville

Dallas - Makes a ton of sense but unless Jason Robertson or Ottinger are involved it really doesn't look good. 

This is lining up to be St Louis or bust I think. 

depending who you believe , at one point St Louis was talking Krug, Kyrou and a 1st

or FLA can send us Bennett back (+++).. he actually wanted to stay and play under Sutter LOL

8 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Man what a summer.  Don't remember one quite like this one.  Flames lose two of their top players against their will.

It’s been a terrible off season for the Flames, maybe the worst summer for the franchise? I’m sure we’ll be updating the Tkachuk thread soon with farewells. It’s bad luck, poor asset management all striking at once. Depending what we get for Tkachuk we are looking like we’re out of playoff contention for the foreseeable future. We’ve gone from a bright future to a dim one in a matter of weeks 😫

15 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Been almost a 2 year long roller coaster. I thought this org was in trouble with poor fits, roster etc. The have a great off season, great season, look like they are finally putting it together for a promising looking 3-5 years and then this... Cancelled the arena deal in the middle of it too.

Just... damn.... it's hard to put into words how crappy this is. 

37 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Well Hailey is definitely a local media person.  But that leads me to also believe that he doesn't see the benefit of arbitration or 8 years.  8 years takes him out of the windfall for his next contract.  I could see them agreeing to a 5 year deal.  That takes him into the higher cap days and still young enough to cash in.

The only thing that makes that unlikely is him providing the list of teams.  That's a new wrinkle.  Maybe due to the arbitration thing, since he didn't want it.  Or maybe due to Johnny leaving.  Don't know.  

Let the sweeps begin I guess.

Vegas is a team that I have hard time seeing a trade work, just because of their cap situation and they are in the same division, and they have moved pretty much all of their prospects.

St. Louis is interesting just because they would have to move cap to make it work, but their whole team has NTC's so who is willing to waive to come here becomes the question. Some pieces I would look at are:

Jordan Kyrou,  Ivan Barbashev, Zachary Bolduc, Jake Neighbours, Klim Kostin, Scott Perunovich, Joel Hofer, Jimmy Snuggerud, 2023 1st.

Vegas: Brendan Brisson, Pavel Dorofeyev, Lukas Cormier, Nicolas Roy, Shea Theodore, 2023 1st.

Florida: Anton Lundell, Grigori Denisenko.

Nashville: Philip Tomasino, Eeli Tolvanen, Tanner Jeannot, Dante Fabbro, Joakim Kemell, Zachary L'Heureux, Cody Glass, Luke Evangelista, Yaroslav Askarov, Fedor Svechkov, 2023 1st.

Dallas: Roope Hintz, Denis Gurianov, Jason Robertson, Thomas Harley, Mavrik Bourque, Wyatt Johnston, Ty Dellandrea, Logan Stankoven, Lian Bichsel, 2023 1st.

5 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

im kinda hoping the best return is Fla.. its the one place on the list he cant haunt us from 

Florida is probably the best fit just due to Anton Lundell. That's the type of return that would actually get me excited/optomistic. 

I don't think any of the other teams on that list have a prospect like at and definitely not a center prospect like that. 

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

Florida is probably the best fit just due to Anton Lundell. That's the type of return that would actually get me excited/optomistic. 

I don't think any of the other teams on that list have a prospect like at and definitely not a center prospect like that. 

I would love to get Anton Lundell, there is the future number 1 center to build around.