Playoffs GDT Flames @ Stars - Game 3 - Saturday 7 May 2022

rocketdoctor

What did Kyller do to get a penalty there? 

Regardless. It’s all about the details. Missing details. Let’s go flames. Can’t keep letting Dallas hang around. Show the killer instinct you showed all season. 

1 minute ago, LouCifer said:

What did Kyller do to get a penalty there? 

Regardless. It’s all about the details. Missing details. Let’s go flames. Can’t keep letting Dallas hang around. Show the killer instinct you showed all season. 

Rafl instigated that whole incident with Kylly…would be huge going into the 3rd with a regained lead

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

We are starting to take over.

Maybe not on the goal scoring sheet.

I see it too, we’re  starting to maintain possession and our dump ins and forechecking are starting to shift things more in our favour 

3 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

When was the last time Backlund won a defensive zone faceoff? I’m so sick of him. 

Once this game.
One of the losses was a Stars goal.

It's one thing to lose the draw, another to give up on the player you cover.

When was the last time Backlund won a defensive zone faceoff? I’m so sick of him. 

Backs was my #1 concern going into the playoffs…he’s avoided taking ill timed penalties but he’s getting dominated out there, he’s not very strong on the puck. Sure he’s solid defensively but he has yet to elevate his game in the playoffs ..those lost draws are add up and are costly!

16 minutes ago, rickross said:

0-4 on the PP is hurting even more now 

don’t like that. Big opportunities missed to get one or two. 

with the 2-2 goal, Marky made a great save but we couldn’t settle down to get our coverage set up … 

Flames just not getting to their game. Composure lacking,not coming out of the zone well and still not getting to the front of the net enough. It feels like they are trying to be a different team and are getting away from what was so successful during the season. 

PP a huge impact too. The number one unit has been good but the number 2 unit has been terrible. 

im very surprised with how the Flames have played these last 2 games. 

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

He was back.

In on the play that resulted in the goal.

I know he’s back, I was being sarcastic. Not enough from him. And he’s not the only one. Apparently we like playing with our food. Keep letting Dallas hang around Flames  👎🏻200.gif

I know he’s back, I was being sarcastic. Not enough from him. And he’s not the only one. Apparently we like playing with our food. Keep letting Dallas hang around Flames  👎🏻200.gif

Haha.

His one good play resulted in a goal.

But Gaudreau made two solid plays to keep the cycle going.

One was on the boards.

One behind the net, which was stealing the puck and feeding to Lindholm.

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

Good game. I will try stay away. No need of my critiques. We want to keep it up, but seems like an even game. Very evenly matched. I get the flames might be deeper, but playoff intensity might be an equalizer. 

Yep. It’s obvious to me that Dallas doesn’t scare us. That has me scared.