GDT Oilers @ FLAMES Sat 26 Mar 2022

rocketdoctor

Yet another great job on the GDT RocDoc...   Thanks for putting it together...   +1's...   Image result for Beer Clinking Emoji

Important game tonight, and it's one that the Flames really need to win for a few reasons...   I expect that we will see a hard fought battle from both sides, the way a BOA is meant to be played, and I also expect the Flames to be another 2 points ahead in the Pacific when it's over...

Go Flames!!!

40 minutes ago, Carty said:

Yet another great job on the GDT RocDoc...   Thanks for putting it together...   +1's...   Image result for Beer Clinking Emoji

Important game tonight, and it's one that the Flames really need to win for a few reasons...   I expect that we will see a hard fought battle from both sides, the way a BOA is meant to be played, and I also expect the Flames to be another 2 points ahead in the Pacific when it's over...

Go Flames!!!

The Oilers aren't coming off a loss, so they believe they can beat anyone.  Smith talked about that, which I laugh at.  He was barely tested by the Sharks.  Mde 2 good saves.  That is it.  We get Kostco, so the old saying GLOVE SIDE HIGH comes to mind.  We seem to be lees likely to look for the 5-hole, so that is a good trend.  Kotsco the Hutt takes up a lot of the bottom part of the net.  I was a little concerned about the 4th line, but there is some speed there and good defensive play. 

As long as we stay away from pond hockey, we should prevail.  We have a better structure and play a really good possession game.  They tend to be a score on the rush team, so slow them down.    

the only d they got was kulak we are alot deeper of a team then they are we how we can scroe within our lines and our defence is alot deeper gonna be a good game there still biggest achilles heel is they play draisitel and mcd together almost the whole game we dont have to do that to win a game

16 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Dadonov with the OT winner for Vegas. lol

He's crushing it.  Wonder how they manage to stay below the cap and still get players back for the playoffs.  Martinez was back, but poor Patches.  Had a setback right when he was getting ready to come back.  What bad luck.  Probably no Stone until Game 1 of the playoffs, if they can manage to bump EDM out of the top 3.  The WC spots aren't looking too promising.

5 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

He's crushing it.  Wonder how they manage to stay below the cap and still get players back for the playoffs.  Martinez was back, but poor Patches.  Had a setback right when he was getting ready to come back.  What bad luck.  Probably no Stone until Game 1 of the playoffs, if they can manage to bump EDM out of the top 3.  The WC spots aren't looking too promising.

Watch Dadonov go on a tear.

Always liked him and there was a time that I wanted us to get him a couple of years ago. With the NTC list of course...

2 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Watch Dadonov go on a tear.

Always liked him and there was a time that I wanted us to get him a couple of years ago. With the NTC list of course...

They could have traded him to us for Monahan, and then promptly put Mony on IR.  He would be a good fit there actually.  

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

They could have traded him to us for Monahan, and then promptly put Mony on IR.  He would be a good fit there actually.  

Nah I wanted him when OTT signed him. We needed a RW and he's a solid play driver and a good 200' player. Lots to like about him, too bad he was in the middle of that s.n.a.f.u.

11 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

Marky again huh? Sure hope he doesnt get hurt or worn down unnecessarily. Hes already shown some signs of unMarkstromlike games.

Sutter commented last week that he knows the minutes that he wants for Markstrom. It does kinda seem like runnin' down the voodoo. With that comment Sutter didn't seem at all uncertain that he understands the voodoo.

And with that Voodoo Chile should be Marky's song.🎸🤘

3 hours ago, travel_dude said:

The Oilers aren't coming off a loss, so they believe they can beat anyone.  Smith talked about that, which I laugh at.  He was barely tested by the Sharks.  Mde 2 good saves.  That is it.  We get Kostco, so the old saying GLOVE SIDE HIGH comes to mind.  We seem to be lees likely to look for the 5-hole, so that is a good trend.  Kotsco the Hutt takes up a lot of the bottom part of the net.  I was a little concerned about the 4th line, but there is some speed there and good defensive play. 

As long as we stay away from pond hockey, we should prevail.  We have a better structure and play a really good possession game.  They tend to be a score on the rush team, so slow them down.    

And try not to take any penalties.

49 minutes ago, Addicted said:

Really wish Vlad would have played last night and Marky tonight. Seems like Sutter doesn’t trust Vlad near as much as I do. 

TBH, Marky has had some issues recently.  Sutter needs to get him through that crap.

Sutter says he has a number of starts that Marky will make.

Doesn't know when he will hit it.

And would not say what it was.

Maybe coincides with us clinching a playoff spot.

35 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

And try not to take any penalties.

The Oilers are not as good on the PP as they were earlier in the season.

Very predictable.

Draisaitl on the right circle, doesn't skate.

McD curling around looking for a path to the net or one timer from Drai.

They were better when he would be the one timer option.

I am also comfortable with our PK.

The only I don't like is when we allow the player walking in from the blueline about 20 feet of space.

Don't respect the pass, respect the shooter.

One of the keys is to score early.

Get them to activate the D and penalize them for it.

They don't backcheck once you hit their D-zone.

Just need to watch the neutral zone.