FLAMES at Colorado - Saturday 5 March 2022

travel_dude

Just now, robrob74 said:

Lindholm stole it in our top slot and Johnny took off. Think it was all between them. Kylington might have helped with coverage though.

Singh said it was a pass from Kyl.

I saw the reply and he was on the other side of the ice.

1 minute ago, LouCifer said:

Man o man. BT. Get us another 3C pleeeeease. Toff needs someone that can play with him. Pleeeease. 

i agree! 

I felt the team just weathered the storm there and I guess that is what you do in a road game. So overall a good road game with some warts. They get the matchups they want so gotta hand it to them. They tried and a good solid backup game by Vladar. 

EDM dropping out of playoffs quickly.

Dallas and NAS ahead of them with games in hand.

VAN catching up to them, but have more games played.

Next game for them is a must win, so they will be scrappy.

Bwahaha, I mean dirty.

Kane can face the wrath of Guddy.

Kylington or Ras will be tasked with McDavid.

Both know how to play him.

It was a nice win but that third period... we hung on for dear life. We bent but didn't break... But we don't want to play like that.  Can't give the Avs 15-minutes of sustained pressure and hope to win.

My feelings are, the path to the Cup will go through Colorado so we need to find an answer right now.

39 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

It was a nice win but that third period... we hung on for dear life. We bent but didn't break... But we don't want to play like that.  Can't give the Avs 15-minutes of sustained pressure and hope to win.

My feelings are, the path to the Cup will go through Colorado so we need to find an answer right now.

yup! 

it isn’t the Monahan line. They need to find Toffoli someone to get him the puck. 

go:

Mangiapane, Backlund, Toffoli 

Coleman, Monahan, Dube

lucic, Ruzicka, Lewis 

i think when given room with better skaters, Toffoli is able to skate with it and change up to make room for himself, but with Monahan and Lucic, he can’t do that.

a lot of the lines got worked. The first line was really the only one going so it looks like there’s a need for more. Can’t sustain that game for 7 if we face them.

1 hour ago, robrob74 said:

yup! 

it isn’t the Monahan line. They need to find Toffoli someone to get him the puck. 

go:

Mangiapane, Backlund, Toffoli 

Coleman, Monahan, Dube

lucic, Ruzicka, Lewis 

i think when given room with better skaters, Toffoli is able to skate with it and change up to make room for himself, but with Monahan and Lucic, he can’t do that.

a lot of the lines got worked. The first line was really the only one going so it looks like there’s a need for more. Can’t sustain that game for 7 if we face them.

Hey Rob! I usually see things the same way as you but I have to put the brakes on this one. Backlund isn’t going to help Toff. Backlund isn’t helping Coleman or Mange - offensively. He’s not the solution - he needs to be pushed back to 3C, and we need some new blood to partner with Toff. Unless we’re willing to give Dube a twirl at C with Toff and Mony on the wings, I don’t see an internal solution. 🤷🏻‍♂️

41 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

Hey Rob! I usually see things the same way as you but I have to put the brakes on this one. Backlund isn’t going to help Toff. Backlund isn’t helping Coleman or Mange - offensively. He’s not the solution - he needs to be pushed back to 3C, and we need some new blood to partner with Toff. Unless we’re willing to give Dube a twirl at C with Toff and Mony on the wings, I don’t see an internal solution. 🤷🏻‍♂️

im just going with the internal fix. Working with what we have. So, I can see what you’re saying. Maybe the switch will cause an extra step or jump like it did when Mangiapane was added to Coleman and Backlund. 

if anyone is injured, it might be best to go on IR as it would create cap room. While we can’t afford a Tanev injury, or anyone to that affect as a player, but the cap savings allow us to trade for an impact C. I don’t worry want or wish for an injury, I just get that a lot of these guys play through it. While, maybe an injury might end a season… so dilemma.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, robrob74 said:

i agree! 

I felt the team just weathered the storm there and I guess that is what you do in a road game. So overall a good road game with some warts. They get the matchups they want so gotta hand it to them. They tried and a good solid backup game by Vladar. 

To me it looked like Hanifin struggled a bit.  On the PP goal and the tying goal.

Sutter loves to roll 4 lines, so I was a bit converned about AVS using 2 lines.

Then again they did dress 7 D, one being the guy to fight Lucic.

Dube played a team low 6 minutes and change.

Knocked over and it generated a rush the other way.

Too bad, might not see the Oilers.

Ruzie should be in Monday.

Don't really need Ritchie, but Dube will likely sit again.

I should alter my comments a bit.  It's not so much just Hanifin, but LD in general.

Kylinton and Zaddy both had their moments.

I think part of the reason is that we have two defensively suspect LW.

Lucic and Gaudreau.

Both are behind the play in the D-zone.

Johnny forces the play from the guy he is coverong but will never block a shot (he shouldn't).

Lucic is too slow and can only cover a player on the boards.