Wild @ FLAMES - Saturday 26 February 2022

rocketdoctor

Well that was impressive, nice bounce back game.

Gudbranson was large in every way tonight, so were a few others.

Been trying to put my finger on why we have been so successful with these home games, and it keeps coming back to GC. Can’t fault the guy from where he’s from but he is country and Albertan in every way and does a great job with the national anthems. When you criticize GC you insult Flame fans and most Albertans. GC is a success story for Canada, belittling him makes you look irrelevant. Been reading it for some time now on these boards, just saying that the GC needs a little more respect around here.

Now back to the win column.

9 hours ago, robrob74 said:

after mine, it felt like my finger tips were burnt like being hit by lightening for a few days. Was it the same for you? It took a few days  for the feeling in my finger tips on that side of my body to come back. 

Oh boy. No, not for me Rob. No lasting physical effects. For me, it was all mental. I remember feeling weird and “out of it”. We had a tournament that following weekend and I remember not remembering anything about it afterwards. Can’t recall it today either but the weed and whiskey likely have some involvement there too! What year is it again? Oh ya, it’s our year. The flames year. Go flames go! 😂🤘🏻🥃

• Haha 1

The win in CGY s great, but we have to regroup and do the same thing in the State of Hockey.  They are rabid fans and the house will be rockin'.  Same effort and we should be fine.  They are a good team, but without Dumba and Greenway they lack the punishing players.  The refs may be a concern next game, as they put the whistles away this game compared to the VAN game.  Strangely enough it was the same crew.

Tough schedule coming up.  MIN, MTL (on a streak) and COL this week.

EDM/WAS B2B, TBL and DET/COL B2B, but 4 of those are at the feared dome.

10-1 in February.

11 in a row at home.

5/8 games at home to start March.

Then 7/8 at home for the rest of the month.

On 2/27/2022 at 1:45 AM, robrob74 said:

i hope it’s all it is! Because I didn’t get concussed, I was able to go. It wasn’t like that. It was one of those beer league up the middle passes and I skated into some 6’3” and just the right angle to jar my neck. Pain all the way through my body and I had to lay there until it stopped. It was just experiencing it that this one looked odd like that.

"Stingers" I believe they're called. Happens in Football often, go figure. I got one from the jolt of a carcrash.

Whiplash are kinda like stingers that take a lot longer to go away.

• Like 1