Wild @ FLAMES - Saturday 26 February 2022

rocketdoctor

3 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Last game as a Flame?  Tkachuk for Forsberg striaght up.

Cheaper re-signing.

Just kidding.

I like both players, but Tkachuk is perhaps a little more gritty.

Forsberg is a great 200 foot player.

Would be a very tough choice.

You know I’m already of the mindset that trading Chucky this off-season would benefit us extremely, and set us up to be contenders for the next *many* seasons. So, with that, I do like Forsberg as a player. However, he would have to agree to an extension with us before pulling the trigger. We can’t have him walk after this season as a UFA and lose Chucky. Also Forsberg is turning 28 I believe, so he’s 3-4 years older than Chucky. Personally I’d try to pull some younger talent in, specifically targeting the C position in a Chucky trade, but I think I’d consider Forsberg if he’d sign an extension that was a friendlier cost than Chucky’s ask. Between Forsberg and Toff and Coleman, RW hasn’t looked that good for us since the 80s.  

Edit:

If Forsberg is planning to walk at the end of this season, NSH would be dealing from a weaker position. We should be able to pull more out of them for a younger, more marketable player in Chucky. Think of how Poile would look if he flipped pending UFA Forsberg who wouldn’t re-sign in NSH for RFA Chucky. There would have to be more coming to us I would say. Especially with Chucky staying in the western conference.