FLAMES @ Blackhawks - Mon 13 Dec - POSTPONED

rocketdoctor

33 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Ironically, does this prove Tkachuk has no friends on this team?  No one invited him out to party in Vegas with them?

I thought the same thing, lol....but you'd think the vaccine has to actually prevent transmission for some people, no?  Isn't that the science?

I listened to an interview with Francis on the radio a few minutes ago, and he says the organization fully expects all players and staff to be positive by morning.

51 minutes ago, Addicted said:

I thought the same thing, lol....but you'd think the vaccine has to actually prevent transmission for some people, no?  Isn't that the science?

I listened to an interview with Francis on the radio a few minutes ago, and he says the organization fully expects all players and staff to be positive by morning.

I think when we hear Covid positive we think bed ridden and on the verge of needing a ventilator... But, perhaps the vaccine helps lessen the symptoms.  It could be that most of the players only have a stuffy nose and a slight cough which will clear in 2 to 5 days.  Maybe one or two bad cases but otherwise, mild symptoms.

And ya at this point, testing positive is a better look than testing negative.

3 hours ago, The_People1 said:

I think when we hear Covid positive we think bed ridden and on the verge of needing a ventilator... But, perhaps the vaccine helps lessen the symptoms.  It could be that most of the players only have a stuffy nose and a slight cough which will clear in 2 to 5 days.  Maybe one or two bad cases but otherwise, mild symptoms.

And ya at this point, testing positive is a better look than testing negative.

i had a friend get Covid after the vaccine and he said his symptoms were worse than any common cold, nothing like it, but was improved fast after the worst. It’s different for everyone, which I think is why so many don’t believe in it, or that it poses such a threat. 

9 hours ago, robrob74 said:

i had a friend get Covid after the vaccine and he said his symptoms were worse than any common cold, nothing like it, but was improved fast after the worst. It’s different for everyone, which I think is why so many don’t believe in it, or that it poses such a threat. 

Every strain is different.  In some or all of this outbreak, the players may not even have a single symptom.  None of these players seemed to know they were sick.

9 hours ago, redfire11 said:

The players are in their prime as I'm sure the coaches and staff are well above average in health. By tomorrow they will all be pacing the walls in their houses. Time for bike work and video. 

Good luck boys use your time off wisely. 

I'd assume the same. My concern is that perhaps genetics play a role. I'm about 90% sure myself and a friend had it in January 2019, a little before it was a thing. I get on a horrible concoction of garlic and cider vinegar when I feel the slightest sore throat. 

We took my girlfriend to the Detroit airport. Stopped in Port Huron on the way back to do a parcel pickup from a friend that I hadn't seen in decades. Girlfriend, nothing. Me and my friend, sick as hell. It was so bad that I went to my Dr for strep throat(lol...at my age?). He said no, I demanded penicillin regardless. I put up a huge fight, he gave me a prescription. It did nothing. I was about 3 wks, girlfriend had to get her brother to pick her up. My buddy was about 6 weeks.

It was like no sickness we'd ever had. I'm in better shape, everything else was fine, except my breathing, and my tongue and throat literally peeled and looked worse than raw meat, almost purple. Scary. Yet physically, I felt fine. My buddy was bed-ridden, same breathing issues, rotted mouth, but completely fatigued. I'm in better shape but he's not that far behind.

The other 10% of me is on seriously shaky ground.lol

Let's hope everyone walks away from this swimmingly.

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

I'm about 90% sure myself and a friend had it in January 2019

I am glad you got over it. Covid wasn't released till Oct/Nov 2019 so if you caught it Jan/2019 sounds like you had a bad flu. I had a similar flu winter of 2017 twenty times worse than the covid I caught. 

2 hours ago, redfire11 said:

I am glad you got over it. Covid wasn't released till Oct/Nov 2019 so if you caught it Jan/2019 sounds like you had a bad flu. I had a similar flu winter of 2017 twenty times worse than the covid I caught. 

Yet Italy, hard hit, testing sewage waste, detected it in September 2019.

Incredible!! If true you had (covid) 9 to 10 months before the first Proven case. By submitting yourself to testing just think of all the data that could be utilized from such an early case. Who knows you could be sent to Wuhan where they could take brain, heart, liver, reproductive organ samples. Who knows what positive outcome would come of this. You could be Famous. It's an honor to be in communication with you.

19 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Why are soccer players dropping like flies with heart conditions this year but meanwhile, NHL, NFL, NBA, etc don't have this problem?

is that actually happening? 
i stay clear of news lately…

we went from Trump, to Covid, to BLM to anti-vax and maskers and sheet! 

4 hours ago, robrob74 said:

is that actually happening? 
i stay clear of news lately…

we went from Trump, to Covid, to BLM to anti-vax and maskers and sheet! 

I'm sure peeps has a youtube video to guide us.lol "Footie's Heart Explodes On The Pitch".

God I miss the Page 3 Girl.

edit

You just googled, "Page 3 girls", didn't you. If not....go on then. How dare you objectify (read:love) women,

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

I'm sure peeps has a youtube video to guide us.lol "Footie's Heart Explodes On The Pitch".

God I miss the Page 3 Girl.

edit

You just googled, "Page 3 girls", didn't you. If not....go on then. How dare you objectify (read:love) women,

My neighbor growing up was a scotsman, and often he would get one of the UK newspapers imported in. I learned about page 3 girls during a newspaper recycling drive our hockey team was putting on.

I havent thought of Debbie Ashbee since the 80s.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

My neighbor growing up was a scotsman, and often he would get one of the UK newspapers imported in. I learned about page 3 girls during a newspaper recycling drive our hockey team was putting on.

I havent thought of Debbie Ashbee since the 80s.

Ah Linda Lusardi and Sam Fox....

In times more innocent.

• Like 1