Theo Fleury

conundrumed

A very well written statement.

On that note I still kind of wish we could have just one Theo Fleury thread rather than 7-8 threads  (each time one archives we have to create a new one).  

I think they were right to remind people that Fleury has not had an easy journey, and play both perspectives.    At the same time, the sciences is pretty clear.   

It is unfortunate because I don't know if it is within Fleury's emotional capacity to realize using his voice like this has without a doubt killed people (doing the math) and is going to continue to.

1 hour ago, jjgallow said:

A very well written statement.

On that note I still kind of wish we could have just one Theo Fleury thread rather than 7-8 threads  (each time one archives we have to create a new one).  

I think they were right to remind people that Fleury has not had an easy journey, and play both perspectives.    At the same time, the sciences is pretty clear.   

It is unfortunate because I don't know if it is within Fleury's emotional capacity to realize using his voice like this has without a doubt killed people (doing the math) and is going to continue to.

Out of curiosity, what are you referring to?  Tweets about predators?  Conspiracy theories?  Just curious.  He has a number of things he has tweeted and the one I thought they were focusing on was about predators.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Out of curiosity, what are you referring to?  Tweets about predators?  Conspiracy theories?  Just curious.  He has a number of things he has tweeted and the one I thought they were focusing on was about predators.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/former-nh-ler-theo-fleury-criticized-for-vaccine-passport-comments-141006294.html

He since has, smartly, cleaned his twitter account up pretty good.   He's been doing the anti-vax thing for a while now but it was tolerated until he merged Vaccine passports with Graham James.

8 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/former-nh-ler-theo-fleury-criticized-for-vaccine-passport-comments-141006294.html

He since has, smartly, cleaned his twitter account up pretty good.   He's been doing the anti-vax thing for a while now but it was tolerated until he merged Vaccine passports with Graham James.

He must have deleted this; it's pretty crazy.  The one I saw suggested that convicted sex offenders had more rights than those being required to show a vaccine passport.  They don't have to show proof of abuse.  Anyway, I'm out on this topic.  Just was asking a question.  

I do not support vaccine passports but to link it to pedophiles doesn't make any sense.  Firstly, kids aren't really in line to get the vaccine (yet and maybe never).  Secondly, to suggest the Jeffrey Epsteins of the world will track your kids through the passport... I mean, parents should be more careful what app their kids download on their phone before they worry about who gets to see the vaccine history of their kids.  Our phones are our tracking device.  The vaccine passport is an app on our phones.. okay.  So is Tik Tok, Snapchat, Whatsapp, etc.  Our phones have GSP that allows apps to locate us wherever we go.

Let's be honest if we are into the conspiracy of a giant global pedophile ring.  They can already track us.

Anyways, it was a bad take.  I don't like cancel culture so I support Theo's right to say whatever he wants to say.

12 hours ago, jjgallow said:

Proof:  I'm not banned!

Whether we agree with you or not, we agree to your right to be wrong.  🙂  

I would only ever block you if you spouted things that broke the rules of posting (as defined for all NHL sponsored sites).

If I don't want to listen to you, I can "ignore" you with a click.

Anyway, I only saw the link between convicted felons and having to show your passport.

The other stuff is noise I choose not to listen to.

Twitter and SM are things that are allowing lies and crap to be shared.

Along with truths.

Both receive the same amount of "press" on these sites.

Hey, you kids get off my lawn.

6 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Whether we agree with you or not, we agree to your right to be wrong.  🙂  

I would only ever block you if you spouted things that broke the rules of posting (as defined for all NHL sponsored sites).

If I don't want to listen to you, I can "ignore" you with a click.

Anyway, I only saw the link between convicted felons and having to show your passport.

The other stuff is noise I choose not to listen to.

Twitter and SM are things that are allowing lies and crap to be shared.

Along with truths.

Both receive the same amount of "press" on these sites.

Hey, you kids get off my lawn.

"A little bird told me"

Is actually the founding principle of the twitter brand.   It was built on rumor and conjecture, designed to make it hard to back facts up.

It will always have an appeal due to how it has tapped some of human nature's biggest faults, but I look forward to a more educated society and I still think forums are much more evolved.

2 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

"A little bird told me"

Is actually the founding principle of the twitter brand.   It was built on rumor and conjecture, designed to make it hard to back facts up.

It will always have an appeal due to how it has tapped some of human nature's biggest faults, but I look forward to a more educated society and I still think forums are much more evolved.

Considering how poorly MSM cover important topics (no not just Fox or CNN), I have to really do research to find the reasonable truth.

I read twitter for entertainment.

It can give you keys but you need to find out what the key opens.

1 hour ago, Heartbreaker said:

I was suspended once for telling Big Chief to stop acting so boorishly.

Yes, I actually used the word boorishly.

I was told to take some time to think about being more respectful on the board, but that was before people were being cancelled.

Love.

As long as you learned your lesson.  Big Chief doesn't come around anymore so he can't tell his side to that story, hope that boorish comment isn't the reason for that.  

5 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

I was suspended once for telling Big Chief to stop acting so boorishly.

Yes, I actually used the word boorishly.

I was told to take some time to think about being more respectful on the board, but that was before people were being cancelled.

Love.

I remember that lol.  And your status update.

I actually can't remember how many times Bigchief suspended me.  Which I'm sure comes as a surprise to nobody.

Full credit to mods on here for putting so much effort in and allowing us to share all of our conspiracy theories with the world, including the hockey related ones.

I've been following Theo on twitter and some of the things he posts just make me cringe.   I'm not sure who has his ear but some of the stuff he posts is just downright delusional.   I love the guy but it is a bit like waiting for the train wreck that is going to hit at sometime.

Unfortunately with his public tweets I can not see the HoF ever selcting him.   The statement from BU is well thought out and rightly highlights all the good Theo has done.  I just wish he had concentrated on continuing to make a legacy in the area of highliginting abuse.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 4:36 AM, rocketdoctor said:

I've been following Theo on twitter and some of the things he posts just make me cringe.   I'm not sure who has his ear but some of the stuff he posts is just downright delusional.   I love the guy but it is a bit like waiting for the train wreck that is going to hit at sometime.

Unfortunately with his public tweets I can not see the HoF ever selcting him.   The statement from BU is well thought out and rightly highlights all the good Theo has done.  I just wish he had concentrated on continuing to make a legacy in the area of highliginting abuse.

I completely agree with all of this.

Part of me thinks he may make the HoF, but, post-humously, or close to it.   Can't have him in there right now.

The article drew a fairly decent connection to abuse actually playing a role in the issues he still faces and probably always will.   Can't be too hard on him.  In a way he continues to be an advocate by demonstrating what has happened to him.

Still, pound for pound he could be the greatest hockey player who ever lived.