2021 Calgary Flames NHL Draft

Thebrewcrew

1 minute ago, pikey7883 said:

A small LW Forward, I will never second guess you @jjgallow ever again. At least he shoots right

He may have been my second choice.   At least they didn't go Way off the board, but here is no way on any scouting report that they went BPA.   That will probably haunt them.

Coronato definitely feels like a Flames pick. Highly competitive kid, very skilled, wicked release. I’ve got a few questions and would have preferred Lucius but I get this pick. 

they have a type and he is it for sure. 

• Like 2

He needs to develop because he is not the best skater and I think to continue to score at higher levels he will need to add more deception to his game. He relies on a real quick release and he scored a ton but I think he’ll need to add tools to continue to score as he moves up. 

but if he does there is some huge upside here, even as a smaller player. 

• Like 1

Just now, pikey7883 said:

I said it a bit in gest, I actually like him, I was hoping to get some size in our roster, but thats a good pick

Passing Wallstedt is just an unforgiveable mistake.    

But

Coronato is short and stocky, not your typical small guy.  More talented than many picked above him.  I'd say he probably has the third highest ceiling in the draft.  So in that sense I am happy.   Just unfortunate that we passed up Wallstedt, who had the highest ceiling in the draft and was exactly what we needed.

5 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

@travel_dude   You got your wish and I got my whiskey.  While I see this as a massive mistake missing on Wallstedt,  Coronato would have been the next player in my mind.

Not really my wish.  I didn't expect him to drop.  Also, I was really only against taking Cossa.

On a side note, looks like we aren't in on Eichel.

3 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Not really my wish.  I didn't expect him to drop.  Also, I was really only against taking Cossa.

On a side note, looks like we aren't in on Eichel.

Personally happy we're not going for Eichel.

Anywhooo...

Season 2 Drinking GIF by Parks and Recreation

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

I am kind of with JJ here. I don’t like the sound that Coronado had a lot of work needed in his game. 

we could use some more play making skill in the lineup. 

At worst you get a Zach Hyman type… without paying him 5.5 at the age of 29.

He will play and be a very effective player 

• Like 1