2021 Calgary Flames NHL Draft

Thebrewcrew

6 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

Raty or Chibrikov gonna be available for us 

Absolutely amazing they drafted Fedetov over Chibrikov.    RHS, I get it.  But there's no comparison, they are in completely different worlds of skill.

Excited to see who we pick, also terrified

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Oh good, a LHS LW from Sweden.

Is it too early for whiskey

lol.   ok.   He's a good player.  For sure.    But seriously were there absolutely no good players available other than RW?   We still have first rounders on the board their just passed over as well.

sigh

I wish they would have gone the more skilled/upside route in Stankoven or Pustujov but this is not a bad pick. He is big but he can move very well for his size and has some offensively ability too. Not sure the upside is there but he’s a very intriguing size/skill combo the flames don’t really have on their prospect pool. 

1 minute ago, jjgallow said:

Is it too early for whiskey

lol.   ok.   He's a good player.  For sure.    But seriously were there absolutely no good players available other than RW?   We still have first rounders on the board their just passed over as well.

sigh

Stankoven passed over, even though he played with Zary.

3 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Is this an ESPN production?  They know hockey like Holland knows cap.

Dave Reid, Brian Lawton and Cosentino know hockey.  They are just boring as hell.  The NFL draft moves 10 times slower but I find more entertaining based on how the personalities can fill the time.  

Just now, sak22 said:

Dave Reid, Brian Lawton and Cosentino know hockey.  They are just boring as hell.  The NFL draft moves 10 times slower but I find more entertaining based on how the personalities can fill the time.  

NHL Network is one of the most boring platforms I have ever seen.  TSN could do better with the monkey drafts.

And I find TSN like a bunch of teenagers.

3 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Not that I know these players. Again, going off of your knowledges.
It’s hard to take when you guys are saying there are great names left on the board and the Flames continue to go away from that, it’s mind boggling?

It’s almost like perhaps we should put more faith in the scouts who actually watch and analyze these prospects instead of relying on people who don’t do it for a living?