TIme Out

tmac70

Gentlemen ( ladies if there are any here).  Last night was a turning point for me, it will be my final watched game.  The aggitaiton frustration, emotional lows for years will now end. Have I been hard on this club, negative yes, but it has been justifiable. Been a Flames fan longer than some of you have been alive, but its time.  For the past god for as I can remember I would schedele my nights around watching this team play, if there was a game on i watched it. When the forum was down for me was a hard adjustment. I read posts from eveyone that like me is a die hard fan of the Flames. It was a great day when it came back on line, didn't realize how much I missed the comments and individauls who wrote them.  

I just wanted for what its worth, to thank those who have taken the time, effort and energy for these forums. The conversations comments and readings have been a huge part of my daily routine. I am a competive person and watching this is extremely frustrating to me. When I am more agitated than the players and staff, its time. This organization is a shell of what it once was, I truely hope that one day it finds it self again. As the sabres fan stated so perfectly, If I had a cardboard cut out in the stands I would remove it to not make them suffer watching this. 

This is a hard chapter to close, been a routne for years this forum has meant alot to me. I truely and sincerely wish everyone nothing but the best and once again thank everyone for their efforts. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, tmac70 said:

Gentlemen ( ladies if there are any here).  Last night was a turning point for me, it will be my final watched game.  The aggitaiton frustration, emotional lows for years will now end. Have I been hard on this club, negative yes, but it has been justifiable. Been a Flames fan longer than some of you have been alive, but its time.  For the past god for as I can remember I would schedele my nights around watching this team play, if there was a game on i watched it. When the forum was down for me was a hard adjustment. I read posts from eveyone that like me is a die hard fan of the Flames. It was a great day when it came back on line, didn't realize how much I missed the comments and individauls who wrote them.  

I just wanted for what its worth, to thank those who have taken the time, effort and energy for these forums. The conversations comments and readings have been a huge part of my daily routine. I am a competive person and watching this is extremely frustrating to me. When I am more agitated than the players and staff, its time. This organization is a shell of what it once was, I truely hope that one day it finds it self again. As the sabres fan stated so perfectly, If I had a cardboard cut out in the stands I would remove it to not make them suffer watching this. 

This is a hard chapter to close, been a routne for years this forum has meant alot to me. I truely and sincerely wish everyone nothing but the best and once again thank everyone for their efforts. 

Sorry to see you go, but I get it, been a flames fan since they last won the cup...and I honestly have been thinking how long can one support this stuff, I’m gonna wait this out and see if BT is true to his words and make real hard decisions if the team Fails this year to get past the 1st round...he promised all the fans that the core would change if they fail to do that...well ok let’s see if it’s one of the core or if it’s gonna be a full scale core rebuild which is clearly needed...I mean really what has BT managed since the infamous Lindholm and Hanifin acquisition? Ok sure he did sign Markstrom but a 30 y/o to 6 years? And Tanev...4 years at what 4.5 I think...I mean for now theses are good but I can’t help but feel in 2 years this is gonna turn out to be 2 more bad contracts...god I hope I’m wrong but as flames fan we kinda expect bad things now...and this is why I question my dedication to this team sometimes...

never thought I would but there comes a time when you need to stop banging your head against a wall...

hope post like these may wake up the Mgt of this team and they start to take action, cause they are starting to loose  their fan  base and if I may say...that’s lost revenue so maybe mgt may start to care and start lighting a fire under this team? 

15 hours ago, tmac70 said:

I know how you feel man.  All the best.  We will miss and you hope you come back soon.

The game on Saturday was the worst team effort I can remember.  Other than the goalie, nobody was interested in playing.  Totally unprofessional.

The game on Monday was ok.  They had yet another bad start, came back from a 2 goal deficit, but then gave up a shorthanded goal late in the third.   Somehow, they were able to sneak out a win in overtime.  

The game on Wednesday, for me, was the most painful game I have watched since they blew a 5 goal first period lead against Chicago (I googled it, and that game was on Oct. 13, 2009).  The traditional slow start resulted in an early Canucks goal.  Then they took yet another bad penalty (too many men).  Then they gave up another goal.  To be fair, I thought they played fairly well in the second half of the first period and for most of the second.  They finally score with about 1.5 minutes left in the second.  I was thinking, "this will be an interesting finish."  Nope.   They give up 2 goals in 30 seconds and finish the second down 4-1.  Was there anyone that stayed up to watch the third?  

tmac, I hear where you are coming from.  Before I read your post, I had told my wife I wasn't going to make a point of watching many more Flames games this year.  They aren't playing entertaining hockey and they aren't building towards a better product.  I'm not out forever, but I see no point in watching this sinking ship.  Having said that, they will probably win the next two games against the oilers and they will suck me back in...hopefully. 

Hey Tmac, 

I felt just as lost as you when the forum went down. Living near Toronto, this place is my only outlet for Flames talk. I, like you, appreciate everyone's contributions here - regardless if their opinions are in-line or opposed to my own. That's what makes the conversation good. Right or wrong, it feels like we're all having the same or similar opinion lately. Doesn't make for good forum discussion, due to what we're seeing on the ice. I don't blame you - I got fed up a few times this season and turned the games off and left the conversation, but I do hope to see you return when this team gets their Satoshi Nakamoto together. You'll be missed, but we do hope to see you again soon. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2021 at 9:13 AM, tmac70 said:

You're doing the right thing.    Take the time to hang out with  your family and friends.   Save the money for a nice trip or tuition for your kids.   Donate to a charity, get involved with one.

Join A Beer League :)    Actually enjoy the game rather than watching others play it :)

A good number of us have been fans since the Flames won the cup and before that.   I'll admit I'm checked out.   I post on here when I'm inbetween solving work related problems and I need to numb my mind with nonsense.  There was a time that I was devout, passionate, obsessed.   It's not healthy when you care more than the organisation does, which has become apparent.

If you look on chat sites outside of this official one there are dozens and dozens of posts like yours of actual ticketholders just walking away and finding other purposes in either life, or finding other ways to appreciate hockey.

Here's my bet.   You'll be back.    But only when Enough people (especially ticket holders) make the statement you're making.   When the Flames see it in their bottom line, then and only then will they listen enough to get it.    We'll see a cup here.  Yes we will.   But not many from the existing organisation will be around for it.

As far as I am concerned, doing the best thing for yourself is also the best thing for the Flames, in the long run.  It will get them where they need to be, sooner.

You'd be right in your assessment that you've been a fan for longer than some of us (me) have been alive. Very sad to see that its come to this for you.

I have never seen a Flames championship in my lifetime, and I was very young when they made the run at it in '04, so it may be a little easier for me to remain as positive about the club as I have, for as long as I've been watching.

But even then I am getting a little tired of the phoned-in efforts and lack of consistently that has plagued this club since their post-season showing in 2015.

Back then it seemed as though they were on an upswing after the Iginla/Kipprusoff era, and would bring a do or die effort every night.

Hope to see you back again soon. 

All the best!