UFA 2020, Who’d You Sign?

robrob74

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reasonable and was the top of what I would have wanted to do. Ideally you don't do a 6 year term for a goalie but I also get why they had to go there. 

Still want to see the structure. I think that's a deal that likely will be a buyout candidate in the last year or 2 so the structure of it will be interesting to see if risk was further mitigated. 

But agree it's nice to have a number one finally. I like Markstrom and do think he's a legit top 10 goalie in the league and you could argue even more than that. 

11 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

$6 x 6   Not bad .. ! I fully expected and was resigned to at least one of those numbers being a 7

yes it could have been worse, but is some ways it could make sense, if wolf is bout 3 years out from hitting the NHL I guess another 3 being mentored by Markstrom kinda makes sense...wish it was 5x5 but it’s FA...

I hope they go back to Brodie not Barrie 🤞

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

I do think your going to see a cap savings trade at some point. Flames won't be able to get everything they want done with that cap space. 

I think those guys were all qualified and should already be counting against the cap no? 

Just now, MP5029 said:

I think those guys were all qualified and should already be counting against the cap no? 

No. You don't count against the cap until you either re sign with the team or accept your qualifying offer. The team making the qualifying offer just retains exclusive negotiating rights. 

Archived