UFA 2020, Who’d You Sign?

robrob74

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

You may be right, but Bennett's game seems to benefit from tough shifts.

Best line on the Flames.

In the playoffs.

I just don't think he can play his game, 82 games, 19 minutes a night.

It's tough for anyone.

I understand. I just think he can get there. He just needs to be surrounded by skill. 

but you’re right too, he just hasn’t shown it enough and just I think it’s due to not having the guys surround him.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, cross16 said:

I’m not big on Toffoli myself. He’s a solid player but I think he’s the type you pay in Fa and then regret it 3 years later. 

so I’d pass personally 

I don’t know I was of the same thought at the TDL but the more I look at things I think as long as it’s nothing crazy like if he can be had for 4-5 mil, he fits well on the 2nd RW with the up side of being able to slide Lindholm and him between the two lines...

the other option that I’m more on board with would be Strome in NYR, if he could be had and signed for around 4-5 mil he would be a very solid option on 2RW as well, it’s the same option to slide him up and down the 1st and Second lines BUT he’s a better option cause like Lindhom you can slot him in at Ctr whenever needed...

if I were BT I’d look to try an pull Strome out of NYR and if not or it cost too much then plan B sign Toffoil 

if both those options fail, then we are yet again possibly stuck with no 2nd line RW 

10 hours ago, JTech780 said:

Toffoli would be a 3rd liner in Calgary. He is looking for too much money for a 3rd liner. Stay far away from Toffoli.

3rd liner? How do you figure he’s every bit as good as Lindholm heck as a natural RW possibility a bit better, who on Cgy would be over Toffoil outside of Lindholm? 

5 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

3rd liner? How do you figure he’s every bit as good as Lindholm heck as a natural RW possibility a bit better, who on Cgy would be over Toffoil outside of Lindholm? 

Lindholm is significantly better than Toffoli. He isn't better than Tkachuk or Mangiapane on the 2nd line. That leaves him playing on the 3rd line. 

He is coming off a deal that paid him $4.6m so I am guessing he is looking for a raise. He was overplayed on his last deal, the next deal will be down right terrifying.

3 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

On the right deal Turris would be an ok add, it would have to be pretty cheap though.

wow, he has really dropped. How’s his attitude? He’s always seemed to want it given to him than him going after it. I dunno if I am right so he could be a great guy. He sounds to me like a Duchene kinda guy. 

1 hour ago, JTech780 said:

Lindholm is significantly better than Toffoli. He isn't better than Tkachuk or Mangiapane on the 2nd line. That leaves him playing on the 3rd line. 

He is coming off a deal that paid him $4.6m so I am guessing he is looking for a raise. He was overplayed on his last deal, the next deal will be down right terrifying.

First off Mangiapane is actually a natural LW so NO he is not better than Toffoil Who is primary position is RW also,  same hold true with regards to Lindholm who is a natural Ctr though he’s played RW so long I’d not be inclined to move him to Ctr outside of special circumstances...but Toffoil is pretty much on par with Lindholm 

I totally disagree with your position on this 

13 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

wow, he has really dropped. How’s his attitude? He’s always seemed to want it given to him than him going after it. I dunno if I am right so he could be a great guy. He sounds to me like a Duchene kinda guy. 

NO hard pass, he’s not a duchene he’s way declined from what he was this would be another Neil/Lucic mistake 

2 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

and I just mean attitude. He came into the league with a bit of an entitlement problem.

ah ok is see, and that’s right he did have that issue...I totally forgot about that...I’m not sure but I’m also not sure if anyone is gonna be picking him up he’s faded so badly and now being waived probably an ok bottom 6 pickup for a cap/cash strapped team that’s about it 

26 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Latest on Markstrom

ok I’m not seeing why everyone is so hot and hornny over Markstrom, he’s prone to getting emotionally rattled, he’s bees over all fairly consistent which I get but I’m definitely missing something on Markstrom being the best option, honestly Ott landed best avail goalie hands down..

so what is it about Markstome that very one else sees that I’m not, I see him as meh, better than tabs but that’s not a huge bragging right Ritter has been better overall than Tabs 

4 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

ok I’m not seeing why everyone is so hot and hornny over Markstrom, he’s prone to getting emotionally rattled, he’s bees over all fairly consistent which I get but I’m definitely missing something on Markstrom being the best option, honestly Ott landed best avail goalie hands down..

so what is it about Markstome that very one else sees that I’m not, I see him as meh, better than tabs but that’s not a huge bragging right Ritter has been better overall than Tabs 

he's been one of the top goalies in the league, probably top 10-12, the last 3 seasons and was top 5 last season and he won't cost you assets to acquire.

4 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

Markstrom put the Canucks in the playoff hunt and won them the play-in round.  Murray has never started more than 50 games, and has been average at best since the second cup win.  Add in one is free and the other cost a 2nd with an undetermined cost.  Murray if negotiations go bad can just go through arbitration and hit UFA next year.

5 minutes ago, cross16 said:

he's been one of the top goalies in the league, probably top 10-12, the last 3 seasons and was top 5 last season and he won't cost you assets to acquire.

Mmm not really seeing the one of the top goalies but ok the not coating any assets I get that at least... I get a feel he’s gonna Be a bust if we sign him...now having said that and we do sign him I REALLY hope I eat those word 

1 minute ago, MP5029 said:

Mmm not really seeing the one of the top goalies but ok the not coating any assets I get that at least... I get a feel he’s gonna Be a bust if we sign him...now having said that and we do sign him I REALLY hope I eat those word 

There was a lot of analysis done in this thread. if you grade him out the last 3 year he shows up at the top of most categories. 

I'm not overselling him either because I think he's one of the top 10 ish goalie in the game but I don't think he's a guy you pay whatever it cost to get. I do think the contract needs to make sense but I do think your getting a number 1 goalie if you get him. There are not many of those available. 

3 minutes ago, cross16 said:

There was a lot of analysis done in this thread. if you grade him out the last 3 year he shows up at the top of most categories. 

I'm not overselling him either because I think he's one of the top 10 ish goalie in the game but I don't think he's a guy you pay whatever it cost to get. I do think the contract needs to make sense but I do think your getting a number 1 goalie if you get him. There are not many of those available. 

yes I understand that but for how long? He’s 31 and quite possibly passing his prime now maybe We get 1-2 good seasons out of him, he’s gonna cost a lot of cap space for probably 5-7 term is what he’s looking for no doubt, all played look for longer term at 30 onward especially if the racked up a few good season prior to...I’m more about the sub 30 players look no further than the Brewers, Neils and Lucic’s MAF is declining even more and he’s what just 35 Markstrom will be 32 this season I believe so...

I bring up the MAF cause he was about 32 when he went to VGK and now look, that’s an awful close pattern to Markstrom 

2 hours ago, MP5029 said:

yes I understand that but for how long? He’s 31 and quite possibly passing his prime now maybe We get 1-2 good seasons out of him, he’s gonna cost a lot of cap space for probably 5-7 term is what he’s looking for no doubt, all played look for longer term at 30 onward especially if the racked up a few good season prior to...I’m more about the sub 30 players look no further than the Brewers, Neils and Lucic’s MAF is declining even more and he’s what just 35 Markstrom will be 32 this season I believe so...

I bring up the MAF cause he was about 32 when he went to VGK and now look, that’s an awful close pattern to Markstrom 

He's going to turn 31 this season. For me goalies tend to be good into their mid 30s so I would see Markstrom keep his high level play up for the next 3-4 years so there is risk if the deal takes term for sure. 

As i said if it takes a monster deal then no you pass. I think Markstrom is good but i'm honestly not sure there is a goalie in the NHL right now I would pay whatever it cost to keep. The nautre of the position right now for me is that the different between an elite goalie and a good one is small so I'm not a fan of giving them whatever they want. So Markstrom is intriguing to me as an option that won't cost assets but like any free agent it depends on cost. 

Thing is a good goalie is going to cost you something so what are you prepared to give up? Sure you could say some cap $ and call Arizon on Keumper but then what is that acquisition cost? You seem like to like Murray but don't factor in it just cost a high 2nd round picks and the Sens will have to pay him 4-5 mill a year likely. That's a lot of risk for a goalie who hasn't played well in 2 years and has big injury concerns. 

Everything has it pros and cons, just depends what you are after. i personally like the idea of acquiring a very good goalie for only cap space and saving assets so that is why Markstrom is of interest to me. 

7 minutes ago, cross16 said:

He's going to turn 31 this season. For me goalies tend to be good into their mid 30s so I would see Markstrom keep his high level play up for the next 3-4 years so there is risk if the deal takes term for sure. 

As i said if it takes a monster deal then no you pass. I think Markstrom is good but i'm honestly not sure there is a goalie in the NHL right now I would pay whatever it cost to keep. The nautre of the position right now for me is that the different between an elite goalie and a good one is small so I'm not a fan of giving them whatever they want. So Markstrom is intriguing to me as an option that won't cost assets but like any free agent it depends on cost. 

Thing is a good goalie is going to cost you something so what are you prepared to give up? Sure you could say some cap $ and call Arizon on Keumper but then what is that acquisition cost? You seem like to like Murray but don't factor in it just cost a high 2nd round picks and the Sens will have to pay him 4-5 mill a year likely. That's a lot of risk for a goalie who hasn't played well in 2 years and has big injury concerns. 

Everything has it pros and cons, just depends what you are after. i personally like the idea of acquiring a very good goalie for only cap space and saving assets so that is why Markstrom is of interest to me. 

keimper is even worse than Markstom I think he’s 31 too bit far more in price and honest not as good as markstrom 

I was more thinking Murray but now Korpisalo I think should be the target G then Markstrom 

Archived