Babcock fired

DirtyDeeds

Only surprised because of the amount of $ left on his deal but if anyone can write that cheque it's MLSE. 

Lots of whispers our of Toronto it wasn't going well and with the talent they have it's never a good look when they struggle like they are. Not to mention, it's been suggested for a while that Dubas and Babcock weren't exactly on the same page. 

The team is as soft as Dubas. What a terribly constructed roster. Not an ounce of grit on that team.

Here's the winner from last night for anyone who thinks Barrie has any idea what he's doing on D.

Another selfish Tyson Barrie flub. Dude, where are you going? To stickhandle through all of the Knights?

When you think of it, this is Brendan Shanahan making one heck of an investment in Kyle Dubas. This is an organization that at one time employed Lou Lamoreillo, Mark Hunter, Brendan Shanahan, Kyle Dubas and Mike Babcock. Now down to just Shanahan and Dubas after Shanahan picked Dubas. 

Big bet on someone. 

2 hours ago, cross16 said:

Only surprised because of the amount of $ left on his deal but if anyone can write that cheque it's MLSE. 

Lots of whispers our of Toronto it wasn't going well and with the talent they have it's never a good look when they struggle like they are. Not to mention, it's been suggested for a while that Dubas and Babcock weren't exactly on the same page. 

In another thread, someone (rickross?) recently stated that if Toronto fired Babcock, then we should go after him. I thought he was correct, but I didn't think it would happen this early. More importantly, I thought the comment was indicative of a problem beyond a few losses early in the season. I think it is a huge gamble to bet on Dubas. Toronto seems to be plagued with management/ownership problems. Harold Ballard.

4 hours ago, Cowtownguy said:

In another thread, someone (rickross?) recently stated that if Toronto fired Babcock, then we should go after him. I thought he was correct, but I didn't think it would happen this early. More importantly, I thought the comment was indicative of a problem beyond a few losses early in the season. I think it is a huge gamble to bet on Dubas. Toronto seems to be plagued with management/ownership problems. Harold Ballard.

a few of us might have, I was one of them.   Yeah I think he's a consideration

Well. Everyone should wander over to the Fan 960 website. Have a listen to Mike Commador who played for Babcock in Detroit.  Apparently....

He is biggest jerk ever.. anywhere.

Apparently it is all about him.. the way he thinks everyone comes to games to see him not the hockey stars.

If Commador is half right I would not want Babcock near the Flames.

Go have a listen to morning show... in one sense it was refreshing to hear someone speak on such things but man he sure threw him under the bus, under a car, under a train, and off the boat...

22 minutes ago, DirtyDeeds said:

Well. Everyone should wander over to the Fan 960 website. Have a listen to Mike Commador who played for Babcock in Detroit.  Apparently....

Apparently it is all about him.. the way he thinks everyone comes to games to see him not the hockey stars.

Go have a listen to morning show... in one sense it was refreshing to hear someone speak on such things but man he sure threw him under the bus, under a car, under a train, and off the boat...

Then again, when I lived in Lethbridge, the nothing Pronghorns performed amazingly under him. I believe he won a CIS championship or two. He was also impactful on keeping their athletics department during serious budget cuts.

1 hour ago, DirtyDeeds said:

I watched the youtube video of Commodore talking about Babcock about 3 years ago.  Nothing was censored and the language is not suitable for this message board... but it was basically 10 minutes of Commodore trashing Babcock.  It should still be there on youtube if you look for it.  Much more indepth stories there.

20 hours ago, cross16 said:

When you think of it, this is Brendan Shanahan making one heck of an investment in Kyle Dubas. This is an organization that at one time employed Lou Lamoreillo, Mark Hunter, Brendan Shanahan, Kyle Dubas and Mike Babcock. Now down to just Shanahan and Dubas after Shanahan picked Dubas. 

Big bet on someone. 

What's funny is, didn't Dubas tell the media after their most recent loss that, "I knew there would be losing streaks during the season.  The important thing is how we respond.  I want to see how this team responds." 

And before he saw, he fired Babcock.  

The writing was on the wall when Kaskisuo made his debut and the team got demolished 6-1 for not showing up. Burke was saying, to paraphrase, "that's when your GM goes to the locker room and blasts all of his players. Not the coach. You signed these guys so it holds a lot more weight when your GM blasts you because this is the guy that can trade you".

Hear that BT, lol.

2 hours ago, The_People1 said:

I watched the youtube video of Commodore talking about Babcock about 3 years ago.  Nothing was censored and the language is not suitable for this message board... but it was basically 10 minutes of Commodore trashing Babcock.  It should still be there on youtube if you look for it.  Much more indepth stories there.

Commodore sure likes to shoot his mouth off for a guy that was never anything more than a mediocre player...   Sure he was a D, but 0 goals and 0 assists in 2  seasons with the Flames, and 6 other seasons where he didn't score any either...   I always take anything he says with several grains of salt, and he has hated Babcock .for a long time..   

2f3ca450a2d4ba1d6423d825fa5078f6.png

His latest barrage on twitter is pretty damn funny though...   It sounds like a drunken rant, with a side business to sell t-shirts...   :lol:

c9a0fc91efb282729ccad48f10ceddd5.png

Commordore is very vocal about it and honestly it's probably reached really the level of it being as much a shtick as anything else.

That being said, he is not the only one raising questions about it, he is just the most vocal about it. He is certainly not well thought of by everyone let's put it that way. 

I mean the dude did scratch Mike Modano to keep him from playing his 1500th game.....

14 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Stories continue to come out RE: Mike Babock and none of them very good...

Probably in large part due to the Leafs market but this is quite the mud storm for a former had coach to go through. 

https://theleafsnation.com/2019/11/24/tulloch-why-the-leafs-needed-to-fire-mike-babcock/

It makes some sense now why Leafs players refused to take a home town discount signing their extensions.  They didn't want to play for Babcock... and evidently, a few higher ups with massive egos through the roof that make going to work very difficult. 

I feel for Marner.  Maybe that's why Bozak and Kadri were traded because Babcock created animosity between those two and Marner.  Created irreparable damage.  

I only hope Bill Peters never learned those kind of tactics from Babcock while under his tutelage. 

Archived