2019 Calgary Flames NHL Draft

Thebrewcrew

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Are you sure though?

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2019-nhl-draft/2019-nhl-draft-rankings/

Maybe 1 out of 17 rankings have Pelletier ahead of Lavoie and many didn't even rank Pelletier as a first rounder!

Hmm.  I must admit I am not nearly involved enough this year,

But,

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=195949

Yeah.   I'm looking at Lavoie's playoff performance.    Stats wise, Yes I would have picked him for that.  Not for his size, or position.   

Just for that playoff performance.

Of course we don't know what else is going on.   And we may never know now that he's in the Edmonton Organisation.

8 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

116 lucas feuk

Not bad remarks for a 4th rounder ..

An offensively skilled player with good speed and hockey sense. Likes to shot the puck a lot and has a good release. (EP 2019)

He shows great vision and stickhandling prowess when he has the puck, Future Considerations 2019

An offensive-minded forward with his strengths solely in the offensive zone,where he at times can dominate single shifts with great strengt, Hockeyprospect.com2019

5 minutes ago, Going4TheCup said:

Flames drafted Center Joshua Nodler, any thoughts??

Sounds like a promising project were gonna just let develop in college 

A pass first playmaking centre whose a tad under six foot and 200 lbs. Displays excellent vision and awareness, and makes plays everywhere on the sheet. Strong skater who can drive through contact, maintaining the possession and placings passes right on teammate’s sticks. Sneaks through the layers of coverage and gets the biscuit to the net. Committed to Michigan State University. 

55 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

Hmm.  I must admit I am not nearly involved enough this year,

But,

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=195949

Yeah.   I'm looking at Lavoie's playoff performance.    Stats wise, Yes I would have picked him for that.  Not for his size, or position.   

Just for that playoff performance.

Of course we don't know what else is going on.   And we may never know now that he's in the Edmonton Organisation.

Ya Lavoie's career is pretty much over now that he's been drafted by the Oilers.  That, plus Lavoie's knock is his commitment and lack of consistent effort.  Sounds like an Oiler, despite having good skills.

2 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

Nikolayev is a Fantastic pick.    I assume the big question is whether he makes his way over to the NHL.   Worth the risk in the 2nd round.

Nodler looks good too.

I love the fact we're adding some centers into the pipeline .. hardest thing to trade for 

With the huge run on goalies today, not getting in on that, has me wondering if we are actually working on deal that includes one 

46 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

With the huge run on goalies today, not getting in on that, has me wondering if we are actually working on deal that includes one 

I have stopped even trying to guess what the Flames plans are with goalies.   I just think of the worst possible thing they could do (like not drafting any), and without fail, they deliver for 8 years straight.

5 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

I have stopped even trying to guess what the Flames plans are with goalies.   I just think of the worst possible thing they could do (like not drafting any), and without fail, they deliver for 8 years straight.

There's one finally 😎

Archived