travel_dude

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JTech780 said:

Not really sure we need Stone to make a splash in the playoffs. Especially since we would lose our 1st and a significant prospect then not have the cap to sign him. I say wait till July and use our 1st if needed to dump salary so we could afford Stone.

Well I honestly thought Haynes ways gonna come here and Stone in Wpg..now we all know the ask on stone is waaaay too high so I’m thinking she not coming here either, which a 1st, conditionnal 1st and a prospect or two (depending on who) is reasonably for him giving his age and if singing him, he’d fit and be worth it...key is singing him.

with that said, it’s probably higher then the above ask, I’m think Ott wants Bennett and I agree way too much!!!

the thing is I really hope they don’t get foolish and get Simmonds, we already have Neil who is not a fit and Simmonds would be another Dissapointimg Neil, not cause he’s a bad player just a bad fit here.

for gods sake please don’t get Simmonds BT? 

1 minute ago, redfire11 said:

Not really sure we need Stone to make a splash in the playoffs. Especially since we would lose our 1st and a significant prospect then not have the cap to sign him. I say wait till July and use our 1st if needed to dump salary so we could afford Stone.

only problem there .. is yes, you save on the futures and players .. but now you get into high term and high $, either way you have to move players to fit him .. but the loss of that 8th year means you probably are looking at 7x10.5

I think its pretty much trade for him now , or its 100% he will never be here .. im just happy BT is smart enough to not panic 

I wouldn’t mind Simmonds as a pure rental. He’s tough as nails and will stick up for a teammate. Lots on this board claim the Flames are too small and Simmonds certainly helps that. He knows how to score greasy playoff goals too. I would have no interest in signing him though as it is a contract that won’t age well 

26 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Alright Marcus Johansson with 50% retained for a 2020 2nd. Del Zotto for a 2020 4th. Who says no?

I'm starting to think so.

MJ from NJ.

OR 

Burakovsky from the Caps.

Both are LW and could help with depth.  AB would be cheaper to extend I think.

Just now, The_People1 said:

Ya that's what I'm thinking too.  Maybe a deal was in place between Dorion and BT but BT asked to talk to Stone on an extension but the ask was too high.

Or got refused ..I also wonder if Ottawa would still want the option to take another run at him in UFA but still get a haul for a rental 

Just now, phoenix66 said:

Or got refused ..I also wonder if Ottawa would still want the option to take another run at him in UFA but still get a haul for a rental 

Well just judging from Maloney's tweet.  Perhaps the handshake was made but the deal was contingent on whether Stone would agree to a contract extension with us.  And that's where the ask was too high.

4 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Ya that's what I'm thinking too.  Maybe a deal was in place between Dorion and BT but BT asked to talk to Stone on an extension but the ask was too high.

No, I think it sounded like the Sens were not being serious with the ask and the team believed it was a stall tactic to get Stone signed.  If Dorion thinks he can re-sign him, go for it.  We'll help you out last minute if it falls through, and our offer drops.  Suck on it.

Just now, The_Snowbear said:

Well what Dorion want for Stone is crazy i think he is stoned

That's again why I think BT is playing all or nothing.. Winnipeg had to do something and blinked ..  if we do nothing, it's not a disaster.. we have that luxury that other teams don't .and there's enough sellers for ok depth he can make a last second deal if he can't do stone 

Tony Allen‏ @TonyRougeRadio

FollowFollow @TonyRougeRadio

More

I bet Tre is working on, what I am calling, “the velociraptor trade”. You stare at Tre…and he just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side. From the other two trades…you didn't even know were there. #Flames

8:12 AM - 25 Feb 2019

While there is the potential that us being out on Stone is posturing, I’m not so sure. And I look at WPG as to why. WPG signing Hayes seems like a very confident and early move because trading for Hayes would take WPG out of the running and benefit the Flames and others to acquire Stone. Something smells funny here.

My bet is maybe the flames had a deal in place for Stone with Dorion, but Stone’s agent informed them he’s going to free agency, and WPG received the same message. Hence WPG making their move for someone the Flames likely had as plan B as well. 

Time will tell, but my optimism has taken a 99% hit. 

*Peeps, you beat me to it while I was writing this post. I’m clearly thinking the same. 

2 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

While there is the potential that us being out on Stone is posturing, I’m not so sure. And I look at WPG as to why. WPG signing Hayes seems like a very confident and early move because trading for Hayes would take WPG out of the running and benefit the Flames and others to acquire Stone. Something smells funny here.

My bet is maybe the flames had a deal in place for Stone with Dorion, but Stone’s agent informed them he’s going to free agency, and WPG received the same message. Hence WPG making their move for someone the Flames likely had as plan B as well. 

Time will tell, but my optimism has taken a 99% hit. 

I can totally see that..but...that news being confirmed would also seriously hurt his trade value ...and like I posted earlier, Winnipeg had to do something.. they truly are an "all in' team..  Calgary is not ...

I agree the likelihood has taken a serious hit.. but it will be a game of chicken with Dorion now 

But now I'll say it's at best 50-50 we do it ..  if not stone , well have a deal or 2 in the last few minutes when we really do walk away 

Archived