travel_dude

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

How much are McDavid and Draisaitl wishing they'd taken bridge deals? lol

Easy money, but how much money does, "you're a loser now, and you'll always be a loser" buy?

I'd love to find out personally.

But I wasn't a top 18 yr old in the world.:mad:

I think McDavid is on a bridge deal... :ph34r:

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, conundrumed said:

I think you're right.

Imagine an 8 yr long bridge crossing in rain, sleet and snow. lol

And the weather is your fault...

He could've asked for maximum allowable money and the Oilers would've caved.  But man, I know what you mean.  What if Draisaitl only costed $6-per.  They would have cap for better mid-tier warriors.

48 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

He could've asked for maximum allowable money and the Oilers would've caved.  But man, I know what you mean.  What if Draisaitl only costed $6-per.  They would have cap for better mid-tier warriors.

Had he gone 4 years at 10m, they would have bought it.

Lowers the Draisaitl cost.

Future pain.

But at least they would have been able to build a team before they ran out of cap.

If Calgary just keeps sitting and waiting on Stone, they might miss out on the secondary market. 

I really like Stone, but when was the last time a team picked up a legit superstar at the deadline and then went on to win the Cup? Honestly, it's a serious question. 

1 minute I will be like screw let's do what we have to and get Stone and then lock him up long term and then the next I am like we have the right core in place all we need to do is add some depth pieces and we will be good.

6 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Guys, the TDL thread is also available.

Dzingle to Stars for what it's worth.

Hayes still on the block.

It's Zuccarello to Dallas, for a conditional 2nd a conditional 3rd. The 2nd becomes a 1st if Dallas wins 2 playoff rounds and the 3rd becomes a 1st if Zuccarello re-signs.

I really wanted Zuccarello.

7 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

It's Zuccarello to Dallas, for a conditional 2nd a conditional 3rd. The 2nd becomes a 1st if Dallas wins 2 playoff rounds and the 3rd becomes a 1st if Zuccarello re-signs.

I really wanted Zuccarello.

Yes, my reporting isn;t accurate in this thread.

I meant to type Zucc.

I had it right in the other one.

That's a crazy deal for Zucc.

Mind you, if Dallas ever wins a 2nd round they would look brilliant.

That's a lot for Zucarello with the conditions. If your paying that it should be a center coming back. Hard for the Flames to do that too without their 2nd 

Im still hoping it's a center the flames are in on and not wingers. I personally don't believe they need wing help, with stone being the exception. 

11 minutes ago, cross16 said:

FWIW (and probably not much) Commodore is tweeting Flames are going to land Hayes from the Rangers. 

JH would be over the moon if it’s true. They could try him on the 1st line and see if he clicks. I don’t mind Hayes, size and scoring touch but his cap hit is ewww!

3 minutes ago, rickross said:

JH would be over the moon if it’s true. They could try him on the 1st line and see if he clicks. I don’t mind Hayes, size and scoring touch but his cap hit is ewww!

They are very good friends by all indications. And while he would be a good rental, I wouldn’t count on him re-signing, he appears to be a big market guy, and he already passed over signing here when he was a college UFA

3 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

They are very good friends by all indications. And while he would be a good rental, I wouldn’t count on him re-signing, he appears to be a big market guy, and he already passed over signing here when he was a college UFA

Yeah it’d be tough to fit him under the cap but you never know! If the deal is official I’m just hoping BT didn’t cave to some of these other overpriced deals being announced

42 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

Well he did break the Neal signing first 

Lazar trade too. However, his whole "insider" bit is mostky trolling so hard to make out what is what. He did also suggest Patches was coming to Calgary at last years deadline. 

Im not a big fan of Hayes but he represents an clear upgrade over Jankowski and would give the Flames much better center depth so I would be ok with the move if true. But I do think it would be rental move unless the fit was amazing. 

Archived