Dmitry Zavgorodniy

On 10/8/2018 at 4:24 PM, conundrumed said:

I vote we just call him Silk.

Spare us constant spelling mistakes.:lol:

Smooth skating, and that shot. He uses the stick like a whip, the way it's supposed to be. He doesn't shoot it, he whips it. Hardest thing for goalies to read.

He's got a bright future imho.

If Gaudreau would use his stick like that when he shoots, he'd be a 40g/70a guy.

If Bennett could do it, he'd be on the 1st line.

We only have Mony that understands it. Silk does it even better imho.

I've always been a big fan of that. Don't shoot it, whip it. Any oldtimer will tell you that. It's not a big heavy instrument, it's a slingshot.

Somebody must have told Silk that at an early age, he's got it down.

Totally agree on the whipping although have never heard it called that lol.

miracle on 34th street christmas movies GIF

46 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

Totally agree on the whipping although have never heard it called that lol.

miracle on 34th street christmas movies GIF

I was at Marcel Dionne Inc a few years back (best hockey emporium ever). And I said to my son, ask Mr. Dionne about shooting, he scored one or 2 in his day. Dionne said, "nope, my shot sucks, I could hit the net is all. You want to know how to shoot, ask him". So there's this guy in his 70's working there, wish I remembered his name. He was fascinating. He told us "the stick is a whip. You see little golfers that can drive a ball 320+ yards. When you shoot, forget the slap shot. Your one hand is at the top of the stick, the other is never halfway down the shaft, it's maybe a foot away from the top hand. You're not shooting it, you're whipping it". Dude had some great stories, but most of all, he was right. Now they talk flex in sticks and all of that, he was of the wooden stick era. When we were checking out, Dionne asked what we thought of his advice, I told him it was really good. He said, "yeah anyone asks about shooting I send them to him. He still has one of the best shots I've ever seen".

Dude never played in the NHL because, as he told us, they were all raising young families and he could make more money in a factory and be home every night.

He said when the Canadians were winning all of those cups, his men's league team would have swept them. One year, they wrote a letter to the Canadians org asking them to come to St. Catherine's and play a 7 game series vs them. "We win 4, we win. You win 1, you win". lol No reply. "They knew". lol

14 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Which brings us back to, have the Flames hit rock bottom yet?

it is like Associate coach said in the post game the other night, the players need to learn how to hate to lose. 

for me, I dont know if it is a learnt trait or is it something you’re born with? 

that’s when we hit rock bottom. When they decide enough is enough. 

22 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

it is like Associate coach said in the post game the other night, the players need to learn how to hate to lose. 

for me, I dont know if it is a learnt trait or is it something you’re born with? 

that’s when we hit rock bottom. When they decide enough is enough. 

Two of our best players detest losing; Tkachuk and Gaudreau.

I don't see that being an issue for lack of scoring or uneven play.

If anything, the players need to learn how to manage the game when they aren't scoring.

Archived