Glenn Gawdin

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Anyone been watching Gawdin?

C'mon, you know you have.

Haven't watched a single game he played.

Tonight's looked like a blowout, but Oilers goalie kept it close.

I guess the only chance SC has is to beat the Pats in regulation and hope that AB goes 3-0;

Even then, I'm not sure of the tie-breaker.  SC has an OTL.

I watched parts of the first game. I'm recording them all so hope to watch in more detail and get more insight as he goes on in the tourney.

First glance, he is the project I was expecting. Top end speed is adequate, but his acceleration and short area skating are below avg. He is also pretty skinny and looks like he lacks bulk. Very good hockey IQ though, reads the play very well and gets to the open areas but you'd like him to be faster in just about everything he does.

Can see why the took the shot on him, but he's a project for sure. Looking forward to seeing more. 

19 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Haven't watched a single game he played.

Tonight's looked like a blowout, but Oilers goalie kept it close.

I guess the only chance SC has is to beat the Pats in regulation and hope that AB goes 3-0;

Even then, I'm not sure of the tie-breaker.  SC has an OTL.

I think the best case for them is a Hamilton win vs A-B.

Then, if they beat the Pats they finish tied so have a 1 game sudden death.

If Hamilton loses and SC wins, then it's a 3 way tie and gets complicated.

Wipeout all games vs the #1 team, then it's GF/GA differential.

Hamilton's would be 0 so they'd likely take a spot.

SC's best scenario is a Hamilton win and then beat the Pats twice. At least that way they control their own destiny.

8 hours ago, cross16 said:

I watched parts of the first game. I'm recording them all so hope to watch in more detail and get more insight as he goes on in the tourney.

First glance, he is the project I was expecting. Top end speed is adequate, but his acceleration and short area skating are below avg. He is also pretty skinny and looks like he lacks bulk. Very good hockey IQ though, reads the play very well and gets to the open areas but you'd like him to be faster in just about everything he does.

Can see why the took the shot on him, but he's a project for sure. Looking forward to seeing more. 

I agree.

He looks really skinny to me, he needs muscle mass for sure which I think could help his overall skating.

Nothing wrong with picking him up at all, but he's going to need a couple of seasons of work.

Get him on the massive protein diet and gym-ratting I think would do him a lot of good.

He has good hockey sense, but there's definitely an awkwardness there. I think it's just like waiting for a 17-18 yos body to mature.

Not unlike Jankowski in that regard.

Turn off the ambitions he'll be with the big club next year.

He's a good player, but like most all of them you need time with pro-trainers, nutritionalists etc.

Hopefully fans are mature enough to give him time, he's going to need it, without question.

Well it's time to hopefully watch Thomas breakout and rip apart these Q losers.:ph34r:

What I like most about Thomas is he no longer plays for the Knights.

I was watching the SC Coach discus the last mem game and it turns out GG was playing with a separated shoulder for the last while.Even though he had this injury he still played a hard hitting game and put up 2 goals against the Pats. We have to give it to him, another Monahan great work ethic and perseverance ( Thank god for spell check )  lol. To put up 2 goals in the reg game and have a separated shoulder shows a ton of grit in my book. Tells me he will be a great Flame in time I hope this injury doesn't harm his chances to show his abilities this Sept although I'm sure we won't see him in for the Kalowna games. I my self don't know how long an injury like that takes to get over but must be over a 3 month or more period ?

3 minutes ago, cross16 said:

With the loss last night, Gawdin and the Broncos are done. Gawdin didn't have the best Memorial Cup but was playing hurt. Still came to play last night. 

Do you know if he will be getting surgery? Manny never mentioned if that was the case for him?

On 2018-05-24 at 10:50 AM, zima said:

I was watching the SC Coach discus the last mem game and it turns out GG was playing with a separated shoulder for the last while.Even though he had this injury he still played a hard hitting game and put up 2 goals against the Pats. We have to give it to him, another Monahan great work ethic and perseverance ( Thank god for spell check )  lol. To put up 2 goals in the reg game and have a separated shoulder shows a ton of grit in my book. Tells me he will be a great Flame in time I hope this injury doesn't harm his chances to show his abilities this Sept although I'm sure we won't see him in for the Kalowna games. I my self don't know how long an injury like that takes to get over but must be over a 3 month or more period ?

There's no Kelowna for the Flames this year.  Team going to China, at least some of them.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, JTech780 said:

Gawdin had a strong game last night against Vancouver. He was effective on both sides of the puck. He wasn't really noticeable in the rookie games, so to see him step up last night was good to see.

I think he may be a guy that plays well with talent.  Not a passenger, but he needs to play with guys that can also drive the play.  He should be a strong player in Stockton this year, so we'll see how he progesses with good coaching.

Archived