2014-15 Swift Current Broncos WHL 72 15 39 54 59 -9 4 1 1 2 0
2015-16 Swift Current Broncos WHL 53 19 34 53 63 7 -- -- -- -- --
2016-17 Swift Current Broncos WHL 52 26 33 59 80 21 14 6 5 11 18
2017-18 Swift Current Broncos WHL 18 14 26 40 18 29          

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

3rd in WHL scoring.  No draft pick used.  They got a look at him this past summer.  What's not to like.

Exactly.   If we had given something up, ok....we could talk about him being an over-ager and all those associated problems.

But we got, for free, a 20 year old Right Handed Center that's tearing up the WHL.

Can't lose.   Can only win.    Very likely becomes nobody.   But fills a hole, and has the potential to be an impact player in the NHL at a position we lack in (RW).

The keys here are his position, his potential, and his price (free).

No brainer.    Happy to see the smart move.

13 hours ago, TheBurn said:

Glenn Gawdin

Center -- shoots R
Born Mar 25 1997 --Richmond, BC 
[20 yrs. ago] 
Height 6.01 -- Weight 191[185 cm/87 kg]
Glenn Gawdin hockey player photo 

Drafted by St. Louis Blues
- round 4 #116 overall 2015 NHL Entry Draft

Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM
2012-13 Swift Current Broncos WHL 2 0 0 0 0 0 -- -- -- -- --
2013-14 Swift Current Broncos WHL 66 10 12 22 34 -11 6 0 0 0 2
2014-15 Swift Current Broncos WHL 72 15 39 54 59 -9 4 1 1 2 0
2015-16 Swift Current Broncos WHL 53 19 34 53 63 7 -- -- -- -- --
2016-17 Swift Current Broncos WHL 52 26 33 59 80 21 14 6 5 11 18
2017-18 Swift Current Broncos WHL 18 14 26 40 18 29          

On the surface a very solid signing. Another RHS player that can likely play C or RW and we need more of these types.

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎16 at 6:59 PM, Fins&FIre15 said:

I really know nothing about how this kid plays, but I like the numbers. That said, I cant help but think of austin carroll who put up big numbers in his overage year as well.

Appears to be on a steady increase each season which is a positive sign.

• 1 month later...

Guess who managed to work their way the to top of the WHL point getters within 2017?

http://whl.ca/stats/players/262/1/points

The same guy who leads the WHL in +/-    :)

Hoping that resolves any confusion over whether it's just his linemates :)      Are they benefitting him?  Absolutely.   Are they better prospects?  Arguably.   But right here and now, he is the best player on his line offensively, defensively, and as a leader.    And despite his age, he is also the most improved player, year over year, in the entire WHL.

• 3 months later...
42 minutes ago, JA_Boomer said:

As he advances to the conference finals, should we be starting to talk about Gawdin like he's one of the Flames' best forward prospects along with Dube, Mangiapane, and Foo?

He has been clutch in the playoff.

Last game (series winning game) 2g 2a.

He wasn't anything special when he played in the camp, but he's taken another step.

1 hour ago, JA_Boomer said:

As he advances to the conference finals, should we be starting to talk about Gawdin like he's one of the Flames' best forward prospects along with Dube, Mangiapane, and Foo?

Hopefully but I am still not 100% sure about him, he is a 21 year old playing in a league full of teenagers, so I think we have to take everything is doing in the AHL with a grain of salt. I am really curious to see what he can do in Stockton next year.

I agree you need a wait and see approach as it would not be the first nor last time an overager tore up a junior league. 

But worth be excited about. Sure looking liking a schrewd signing but can't put him in the top category right now. 

2 hours ago, cross16 said:

I agree you need a wait and see approach as it would not be the first nor last time an overager tore up a junior league. 

But worth be excited about. Sure looking liking a schrewd signing but can't put him in the top category right now. 

Either he's going to be at least another AHL player that fights for a NHL job, or he's a career AHL player.

Yes, he's an overager, but it's not like he's massive.  

I'll hold off until main camp and see if he's up there with Mangiapane or Foo, or closer to Shinkaruk.

• 2 weeks later...

What impresses me is Dube 53 games 84 points and was a force at the Worlds I think he took the hard plays against the top forwards of the terny. Was fun to watch and hoping he can do the same in the pros.

1 hour ago, zima said:

What impresses me is Dube 53 games 84 points and was a force at the Worlds I think he took the hard plays against the top forwards of the terny. Was fun to watch and hoping he can do the same in the pros.

Are we talking about Gawdin?

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Are we talking about Gawdin?

There has been references to Mang and foo so I added what I thought was impressive about another prospect who I thought should be in the mix . Wow I guess i better go back to reading all the rules ?

2 hours ago, zima said:

There has been references to Mang and foo so I added what I thought was impressive about another prospect who I thought should be in the mix . Wow I guess i better go back to reading all the rules ?

No worries bud.

Just seemed a little out of the blue.  

Since there is a thread about Dube, you could have posted it there and it would generate more comments.

So yesterday Hockey central did a minute or 2 about Gawdin it was in my opinion a glowing resume and his yrs in the Juniors very impressive. He just kept getting better and he didn't just do good with the top line in tacked he also did it all played against the other top lines and produced even when his line was out and he had to carry the team . I liked what I heard very cool. I hope he can bring it in the pro's a free pick if he does work out then that is a feather in BT's cap.

Archived