What Is Best For Matthew Tkachuk

Sirwilliam89

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Laine is a one dimensional player, that one dimension is great, but if he isn't shooting the puck he isn't doing anything to help your team.

Totally agree.

Now..consider what Tkachuk is because if you're telling me he's on par, I completely disagree.

Let's look at that London line under Dale Hunter that made me roll my eyes as they pounded us.

It was totally driven by Dvorak.

No doubt in my mind. Marner was the wheels and Tkachuk the grit.

If Dvorak could promise health, I'd totally trade Backlund for him.

If he stays healthy, he's an exceptional player.

There's your money for Tkachuk, bring his jr buddy back, move Mangiapane to RW.

I think you re-create that line personally.

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

What's taking less?

Is Tkachuk a good skater?

Does he have a great shot? Is he an exceptional passer? Does he control the play? Is he good defensively?

He's being way overrated for a guy who gets sheltered and then plugged into premium PP minutes.

At the end of the day, he's a dirty grinder with finish. The hype machine is out of control. Next Captain? That'll be the day that I just go stick with Detroit.

Give me Larkin anyday, Tkachuk doesn't touch that skill level.

I think what he has is elite hockey IQ, and very good hands, his IQ allows him to be in the right spot, but without players that can feed him and off of him, he can’t drive the play like a 8-9 million player can. He is a great complimentary player and possibly good captain material, based on the IQ and not based on being the best player. 

I agree, he gets plush PP time that I think that if he was that great that he could be put on PP2 and would drive that offence, to make it two PPs that are strong. 

I think he is a really really good player, but this last year he didn’t do the dragging his guys into the mud like he did in previous years.

Poimt just signed a 3 year bridge and got 6.75. Shouldn’t that be what Tkachuk gets? It seems more realistic.

Yup, top of the market has been set for a bridge deal. Capfriendly has us at 6.3 million in cap space, but includes Valimaki’s roughly 900k salary, so if he’s truly out for the season we actually have about 7.2 million right now.  We could sign Tkachuk to a bridge without dumping anyone.

47 minutes ago, ABC923 said:

Yup, top of the market has been set for a bridge deal. Capfriendly has us at 6.3 million in cap space, but includes Valimaki’s roughly 900k salary, so if he’s truly out for the season we actually have about 7.2 million right now.  We could sign Tkachuk to a bridge without dumping anyone.

Wouldnt part of that salary be taken by replacing him? Or does that include the likes of Stone?

Totally agree.

Now..consider what Tkachuk is because if you're telling me he's on par, I completely disagree.

Let's look at that London line under Dale Hunter that made me roll my eyes as they pounded us.

I wonder what is holding Dvorak back.

He's had two mostly healthy seasons (78 games each) and one bad one.

Is it playing in ARI where scoring is not the priority or is the coach not using him correctly?

Totally agree.

I would have to disagree, Dvorak rode the other two's coat tails in London. He isn't nearly as skilled as Marner or Tkachuk. At the NHL Dvorak is a 3rd line center at best IMO, I don't see the skill to paly above that in the lineup.

24 minutes ago, ABC923 said:

That already includes Stone and Kylington, plus Quinne.  It’s a full roster of 14 fwds and 7 d.

Cool. 

It is going to feel so much better to have him locked up, not necessarily for what we want, but I think a bridge is more a reality than something longer term. 

1 hour ago, JTech780 said:

I would have to disagree, Dvorak rode the other two's coat tails in London. He isn't nearly as skilled as Marner or Tkachuk. At the NHL Dvorak is a 3rd line center at best IMO, I don't see the skill to paly above that in the lineup.

Not as skilled as Tkachuk?  What are these magical skills Tkachuk has? Go to the hard areas?

I'm getting really annoyed thinking about what this misfit thinks he's worth. Shouldn't be this hard.

Break the bank for him? I definitely wouldn't.

Points deal is fair and should be a direct comparison to Tkachuk if the Flames want to go that route. The fact that Point takes home more via taxes should offset the fact that he is the better player so give or take a little they should be in the same ball park.

I'm still fine with the Flames holding out a little longer for hopes of a longer term deal. 

4 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Points deal is fair and should be a direct comparison to Tkachuk if the Flames want to go that route. The fact that Point takes home more via taxes should offset the fact that he is the better player so give or take a little they should be in the same ball park.

I'm still fine with the Flames holding out a little longer for hopes of a longer term deal. 

Point is a comparable. How so? Can we sign and trade straight up?

I'd do that every day.

2 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Look around...

Car - Aho

Col - MacKinnon

Winnipeg - Schiefele

Calgary - Gaudreau

Edmonton - McDavid

Tor - Matthews

Tor - Marner

Guess what Matt, you aren't these players by a long shot. Stop acting like you are. Next up, you being a disappointment, buttercup.

Not surprising it’s been such a difficult negotiation considering who his father is 

8 hours ago, The_People1 said:

6.75 x 3.  Exactly what i suggested Tkahuck should sign for 10 pages ago.  Get it done.

6 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Point's last year pays $9m, so it's a decent sacrifice by him.

Avoid the pain now and pay up later.

On a bridge deal 6.75 x 3 is where MT should be, but there is no way the third year should start with a 9....or an 8. 

Archived