Dillon Dube

I'm a big Dillon Dube fan. Skilled kid who's got a very good shot but can also use his hands. What I like best is he's a skilled guy who won't back down and play with a chip in his shoulder. He's a nice combo on that regard.

He isn't a Johnny Gaudrea though he doesn't have that dynamic of a skill set. Good value thoug and I think had he not have gotten hurt he would have been a first rounder.

Dube has also been invited to the World Junior Summer camp

I'm pumped about him sounds like a theo type player though I know nothing about him but what I have read,but the international scouts made it sound like he is scared of his own shadow. They obviously don't have a clue I'm curios if any one in the forum has watched him and give us some insight on him?

I'm a big Dillon Dube fan. Skilled kid who's got a very good shot but can also use his hands. What I like best is he's a skilled guy who won't back down and play with a chip in his shoulder. He's a nice combo on that regard.

He isn't a Johnny Gaudrea though he doesn't have that dynamic of a skill set. Good value thoug and I think had he not have gotten hurt he would have been a first rounder.

Dube has also been invited to the World Junior Summer camp

I'm with you on this pick.  Ranked 37 in some places.  Nowhere to go nut up.  Has some Mangiapane in him.

Hate this pick. 

Should have picked  Taylor Raddysh had more PPG  and is only 3" taller 20lbs heavier.

The fact that he plays RW and shoots right could only help us later.

[Admin edit: 3' is a lot taller than 3" :D ]

While I do like Raydish I think Dube is better. Keep in mind Raydish played on a line up the best prospect in the CHL, Dylan Srome, and a 100pt man in Dubrincent. I think Dube has done more with less. 

• 2 months later...

Love the pick.   No guarantees ...my only concern is how he stunk up the playoffs.

Could have been a million things, though.

Love the pick, assuming the Flames did their homework.  Got a first-round grade prospect late in the 2nd round.

He got an eye injury last year and the people I talked to around Kelowna think it affected him more than he and the team let on. He was playing great before it but only played well after it. Wasn't quite himself.

He has been one of my favorites to watch at the prospects trounament. Not putting up points but I feel like in the offensive zone he is always around the puck and looking to create. 

Hope he has a big season in Kelowna. He is one of the few guys out of the 2016 Draft that is actually on Team Canada's radar for the World Juniors which to me really speaks to how skilled a kid he is. 

• 2 months later...

Dillon Dube was invivted to Canada's World Junior Selection Camp this morning. One of 32 names and one of the few non first rounders to get an invite from the 2016 draft.

I doubt he makes it but the fact he is on the radar is still very promising. 

http://www.tsn.ca/barzal-strome-among-world-junior-camp-invitees-1.619303

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Dube will start the World Juniors on what appears to be Canada's 4th line. I know it looks like the 3rd line but i'm having a hard time seeing them use Jose and Roy in a 4th line role.

Decent change to move up though if he plays well but looks like he will play and not just be the extra forward to start. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JTech780 said:

This is my first extended look at Dube, and I love the work and battle. For a smaller guy he really protects the puck well along the boards.  You can see the skill, but he isn't a one dimensional skill player.

I would love a Gallagher type! First player I think of with that description. If that was the case it'd be bonus!

On 30/06/2016 at 9:02 AM, cross16 said:

While I do like Raydish I think Dube is better. Keep in mind Raydish played on a line up the best prospect in the CHL, Dylan Srome, and a 100pt man in Dubrincent. I think Dube has done more with less. 

Looks like Raddysh is doing just fine without Dudrincent

4 minutes ago, Meatpuppet42 said:

Looks like Raddysh is doing just fine without Dudrincent

Still playing with Strome. Raydish is a good finisher but I've been more impressed with Dube. Raddysh is a good finisher but he doesn't crest chances, Dube does. That's why i prefer Dube. 

8 hours ago, cross16 said:

Still playing with Strome. Raydish is a good finisher but I've been more impressed with Dube. Raddysh is a good finisher but he doesn't crest chances, Dube does. That's why i prefer Dube. 

Thank you Dallas Stars for the pick that became Dube.  He's playing well against his peers.  I thought he created some opportunities for the CDN team, even f he didn't get on the board.  

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎16 at 2:58 PM, cross16 said:

Dube has come back and really built off his solid world junior play. 6 points in his first 2 games back. Tough start with the injury this season but hopefully the WJ performance launches him into a really good 2nd half. 

https://www.nhl.com/flames/news/prospect-of-the-week---dillon-dube/c-285730988

Dube and Cirelli were two players that stood out by doing a great job checking at the WJs. Is this his last year of Junior ? This is a player I could see doing 1 year in Stockton and stepping into our 4th line C position.

3 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

Dube and Cirelli were two players that stood out by doing a great job checking at the WJs. Is this his last year of Junior ? This is a player I could see doing 1 year in Stockton and stepping into our 4th line C position.

No, needs to be in junior next year. 

• 1 month later...

Dube has really picked up the offensive pace lately, he is up to 53 points in 37 games which would put him on pace to put up a 103 points in a full 72 game WHL season.

From my limited viewing of him I can see Dube being in the Marchand or Gallagher mode, maybe not as mouthy or as agitating, but a smaller guy that likes to go to the hard areas and battle for pucks.

2 hours ago, JTech780 said:

Dube has really picked up the offensive pace lately, he is up to 53 points in 37 games which would put him on pace to put up a 103 points in a full 72 game WHL season.

From my limited viewing of him I can see Dube being in the Marchand or Gallagher mode, maybe not as mouthy or as agitating, but a smaller guy that likes to go to the hard areas and battle for pucks.

I don't know about Marchand.  I saw a player that doesn't cheat on the plays, never gives up, and has some defensive abilities.  Maybe something in the realm of Frolik?  Not superstar in any one aspect, just does things well.  You notice the smart plays more than the speed or shot.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived