Playoff Predictions Round 3

Flyerfan52

I've been going Sharks from the start.

One thing I wonder. If you win the President's Trophy, regular season conference, whatev.

Their Cups are rare anymore.

Why? probably SJ in yrs past.

What's changed?

The coach.

Adding Zubrus, lol.

Who does that?

A coach that understands his group.

The longbeards? Makes you think someone told them, "I don't give a crap if it improves your game".

So they improved their game.

I've been going Sharks from the start.

One thing I wonder. If you win the President's Trophy, regular season conference, whatev.

Their Cups are rare anymore.

Why? probably SJ in yrs past.

What's changed?

The coach.

Adding Zubrus, lol.

Who does that?

A coach that understands his group.

The longbeards? Makes you think someone told them, "I don't give a crap if it improves your game".

So they improved their game.

I think you have to look at how the 4th line in constructed.  Sure Dillon is a bit of a goon, but he can score.  Melker Karlsson? Who even heard of him before?  Guy had 10 goals.  Having that depth allows you score against the big boys, not just smash them into the boards.  They aren't worried about the Blues.  They take the hits and make the play.  

You also look at Thornton being a third liner. That's depth. Plus adding Jones to let the team do their thing. They're built and adding Jones was great!

I agree with everyone about our goaltending. My biggest objection to the arguments are that goaltending would solve all of our problems and was the main reason we missed. It was a big reason, but team play has been horrible

San Jose has been a good team for a long time. Something they've missed was solid goaltending. Even Nabokov choked in the playoffs.

Joel Ward was a big add too!

What I love about playoffs most, is that all analysts just don't boardinging know.

Like the rest of us.

Analysts were almost downright figuring on a Sharks-Pens Final at 2-1, lol.

Most, if not all, hated Hitchcock's Goalie move.

I guess that's why HE's the coach lol.

Fun too watch.

San Jose has been a good team for a long time. Something they've missed was solid goaltending. Even Nabokov choked in the playoffs.

Joel Ward was a big add too!

Let's be honest, the biggest addition and what the Sharks really needed (and got) this year was Jo Pawvelski.

Well,

Can't claim to be a Pittsburgh fan...

But, called them as the favourites since round one.   Difficult to see San Jose overcoming them.

Crosby may be hyped, and over-marketed.    But...on the ice...you still don't underestimate him.

Here's to young goalies who were given opportunities.

Archived