Penguins vs Rangers:

Panthers vs Islanders:

Lightning vs Red Wings:

West

Stars vs Wild:

Blues vs Blackhawks:

Ducks vs Predators:

Kings vs Sharks:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Picks

East
Capitals vs  Flyers: Caps in 6
Penguins vs Rangers: Pens in 6
Panthers vs Islanders: Panthers in 7
Lightning vs Red Wings: Red Wings in 6

West
Stars vs Wild: Stars in 7
Blues vs Blackhawks: Blues in 6
Ducks vs Predators: Ducks in 5
Kings vs Sharks: Kings in 5

East

Capitals vs  Flyers:

Penguins vs Rangers:

Panthers vs Islanders:

Lightning vs Red Wings:

West

Stars vs Wild:

Blues vs Blackhawks:

Ducks vs Predators:

Kings vs Sharks:

East:

Caps vs. Flyers - Flyers in 7 (Mr. Snider/Kate Smith/Caps tendency to choke in game 7s factors)

Pengies vs Rags - Rags in 5 (Lundqvist with the flu better than Fleury. Especially post concussion Fleury. I dislike both teams big time but 1 has to win. :angry: )

Panthers vs Isles - Isles in 7 (Gut feeling only)

Lightning vs Red Wings - Lightning in 5 (Short final run for Detroit)

West:

Stars vs Wild - Stars in 5

Blues vs Blackhawks - Chitown in 5

Ducks vs Predators - Nashville in 6 (upset special as every year has @ least a few)

Kings vs Sharks - Sharks in 7 (Me being still POed @ Lombardi)

East

Capitals vs  Flyers: Capitals in 6

Penguins vs Rangers: Penguins in 6

Panthers vs Islanders: Islanders in 7

Lightning vs Red Wings: Lightning in 7

West

Stars vs Wild: Stars in 6

Blues vs Blackhawks: Blackhawks in 5

Ducks vs Predators: Ducks in 6

Kings vs Sharks: Kings in 5

East:

Caps vs. Flyers - Flyers in 7 (Mr. Snider/Kate Smith/Caps tendency to choke in game 7s factors)

Pengies vs Rags - Rags in 5 (Lundqvist with the flu better than Fleury. Especially post concussion Fleury. I dislike both teams big time but 1 has to win. :angry: )

Panthers vs Isles - Isles in 7 (Gut feeling only)

Lightning vs Red Wings - Lightning in 5 (Short final run for Detroit)

West:

Stars vs Wild - Stars in 5

Blues vs Blackhawks - Chitown in 5

Ducks vs Predators - Nashville in 6 (upset special as every year has @ least a few)

Kings vs Sharks - Sharks in 7 (Me being still POed @ Lombardi)

You will be happy to know that the advanced statistics guy on radio here(Rob Bowman?) had your Flyers as statistically good on puck possession(near ends of the season) as the Caps and said this series could be a coin flip.

Then again knowing your feeling on advanced stats maybe you won't be that impressed.

East

Capitals vs  Flyers: In 5 yet the Flyers may surprise & push it to the limit (steady improvement through season)

Penguins vs Rangers: Birds in 6

Panthers vs Islanders: Cats in 7

Lightning vs Red Wings: Bolts in 4 as the Red Wing era is over. No playoffs next year. 

West

Stars vs Wild:Stars in 5. Clearly an outmatch.

Blues vs Blackhawks: Hawks in 6 but a dethronement wouldn't surprise me.

Ducks vs Predators: Ducks in 5. Anaheim is the predator in this series.

Kings vs Sharks: Kings in 5. The fin is no longer feared.

You will be happy to know that the advanced statistics guy on radio here(Rob Bowman?) had your Flyers as statistically good on puck possession(near ends of the season) as the Caps and said this series could be a coin flip.

Then again knowing your feeling on advanced stats maybe you won't be that impressed.

I'll go with the emotion. Win for Mr. Snider (Simmonds was afire when he heard) & the good luck charm of Kate & Lauren doing God Bless America.

As I gave for my 3rd reason the Caps seem to hit a wall in 7th games. Trotz may change that but I hope it takes another year.

I will also have the voodoo on full Flame. The #16 sweater & my very rare 1 with a picture of the Spectrum & the 1st 3 ever retired #s. Add I was gifted 2 very old retro Flyers hoodies in the past week (found in some collections). Another gal has a secret Philly charm she'll bring me Thur. before the game.

If I'm lucky Carty has an Ovechkin doll to stick pins in. :) I'll take that over bloggers #s. 

I will add I'll find it difficult to hurl curses @ Mike Richards but there are priorities. :(

East

Capitals vs  Flyers:  Capitals in 6

Penguins vs Rangers: Rangers in 7

Panthers vs Islanders: Panthers in 6

Lightning vs Red Wings: Lightning in 5

West

Stars vs Wild: Stars in 4

Blues vs Blackhawks: Hawks in 6

Ducks vs Predators: Ducks in 5

Kings vs Sharks: Kings in 6

acoffee_zpsa1beae23.gif

East

Capitals vs  Flyers:  Capitals in 5

Penguins vs Rangers: Penguins in 6

Panthers vs Islanders: Islanders in 6

Lightning vs Red Wings: Lightning in 7

West

Stars vs Wild: Stars in 5

Blues vs Blackhawks: Blues in 6

Ducks vs Predators: Predators in 7

Kings vs Sharks: Kings in 6

Can I redo my Preds v Ducks lol

FF, wow did u guys get the wrong matchup. Holtby has really turned into a consummate starter.

Could be Ovi's year if the Flyers don't injure every Caps Dman out of futility.

After 2 wins with Neuvirth in net I'm feeling a lot better about the series. Holtby is looking human.

As to injuries 1st OV takes out Couts & then his replacement Laughton gets injured. Caps have only lost Orpik.

Pittsburgh....might be a real contender this year.  Peaking at the right time.

Had they got matched up against anyone other than the Rags, I think you would see their flaws.  NYR has been worse this year than I can remember.  They might get a real opponent in round 2.

LA knocked out fairly easily

Philly avoids a sweep, then fights back

Dallas struggling to close

Red Wings... forgot to show up

Rags... where's the king? [that eye jab, that hurts to look at]

Chicago not quite ready to roll over... yet.

Had they got matched up against anyone other than the Rags, I think you would see their flaws.  NYR has been worse this year than I can remember.  They might get a real opponent in round 2.

I'm hoping the Caps kick their (.)s.

Richards can contain 1 of Crosby/Malkin & OV or Wilson can take care ( -_- ) of the other.

I'm hoping the Caps kick their (.)s.

Richards can contain 1 of Crosby/Malkin & OV or Wilson can take care ( -_- ) of the other.

As much as I like playoff hockey, it's going to be difficult to listen to announcer cream every time "Syd" touches the puck.  Expect to hear some whining by the Pengies and announcers complaining about non-calls or calls against the Pengies.

As much as I like playoff hockey, it's going to be difficult to listen to announcer cream every time "Syd" touches the puck.  Expect to hear some whining by the Pengies and announcers complaining about non-calls or calls against the Pengies.

True. Especially so on the Nothing But Crosby network broadcasts.

I don't have a huge stake in it either way, but...hopefully  a good matchup.   Hard to stay interested this year.

Due to lack of a Canadian team? I've kinda wondered how the lack of a Canadian team might affect the NHL's TV view totals/ratings/revenue. 

Due to lack of a Canadian team? I've kinda wondered how the lack of a Canadian team might affect the NHL's TV view totals/ratings/revenue. 

I have no problem staying interested. Most Canada based teams are heavy on US/Euro players as their go-to guys while the remaining teams have much of the core for Olympic TC.

With Toews, Keith, Seabrook & Ladd the Hawks alone have more Canadian top tier players than any Canada based team. 0 Canadian based teams have something like the 1st 3 as a core while even their rentals/support players born in Canada > than the 1s in our 7 cities.

Canadian teams or not, there has been some great hockey! I've been watching a fair bit, and most of the series' have been fantastic!

Love.

I have no problem staying interested. Most Canada based teams are heavy on US/Euro players as their go-to guys while the remaining teams have much of the core for Olympic TC.

With Toews, Keith, Seabrook & Ladd the Hawks alone have more Canadian top tier players than any Canada based team. 0 Canadian based teams have something like the 1st 3 as a core while even their rentals/support players born in Canada > than the 1s in our 7 cities.

Oh, I'm not arguing that there are no Canadians in the playoffs, but without a Canadian city in the playoffs, who does the whole of Canada get behind as their team? I'm curious if not having a Canadian city to represent does have any effect on the NHL, not so much convinced it has to have an effect.

Oh, I'm not arguing that there are no Canadians in the playoffs, but without a Canadian city in the playoffs, who does the whole of Canada get behind as their team? I'm curious if not having a Canadian city to represent does have any effect on the NHL, not so much convinced it has to have an effect.

If players thought like fans the SC would have a permanent home in Canada.

But some Canadian based teams chose to spend their $s on Euros/Americans when there was a choice.

Not long ago the majority on Canada based teams had Euro captains (TML, Habs, Sens & 'Nucks). That was 4 of 6.

That's why Canadians weep that none of their home town team's players are selected for TC. They don't have the really good 1s.

Archived