NHL Playoff Predictions Round 1

DirtyDeeds

Someone different for once! No we don't have to hear the ceaseless gushing!

Watch some games between WSH and PITTS.  Talk about gushing.  "What an amazing play by Crosby, he nearly touched the puck!".  "Did you see that?".  "Wow is all I can say!".  "The best center in the NHL vs the best winger of all time!".  

Bla, bla, bla....Ginger.

blahblah_header.jpg

Due to lack of a Canadian team? I've kinda wondered how the lack of a Canadian team might affect the NHL's TV view totals/ratings/revenue. 

Yeah....I'm a loyalist on the inside and a critic on the outside.

Count me as one of those stats that killed the ratings.   It's not that I would refuse to watch or anything...but life is short and it's hard to make the time when your heart isn't fully in it.

I have no problem staying interested. Most Canada based teams are heavy on US/Euro players as their go-to guys while the remaining teams have much of the core for Olympic TC.

With Toews, Keith, Seabrook & Ladd the Hawks alone have more Canadian top tier players than any Canada based team. 0 Canadian based teams have something like the 1st 3 as a core while even their rentals/support players born in Canada > than the 1s in our 7 cities.

We need a revision, Flyerfan...  :(

Watch some games between WSH and PITTS.  Talk about gushing.  "What an amazing play by Crosby, he nearly touched the puck!".  "Did you see that?".  "Wow is all I can say!".  "The best center in the NHL vs the best winger of all time!".  

Bla, bla, bla....Ginger.

Since I don't really watch any of the Eastern games (except a bit of Florida), I don't have this problem. I do face Blackhawk gush problems and Kings to a lesser extent. No more!

Anyone curious if SJS wants to be the road team next round? I mean, it's essentially road ice advantage now.

The lack of a Canadian team has definitely impacted viewership in Canada.  SportsNet has said their numbers are down by 61%.

I know it's the first year that SN is the prime method of delivery of coverage, but it's still Mickey Mouse in my mind.  CBC shares the coverage, the intermission reports, George Strombo, etc.  If there are two games on at the same time, you can't even tell what channel is covering what, because they talk about them in pieces.

Sports Net needs to evaluate their use of talking heads.  Having 4 guys tag team one another about the same topic is getting old. Having George Strombo (sp) moderating like this is The View is dumb.  Maybe regular season has performed better, but I don't really think so.   

I know it's the first year that SN is the prime method of delivery of coverage, but it's still Mickey Mouse in my mind.  CBC shares the coverage, the intermission reports, George Strombo, etc.  If there are two games on at the same time, you can't even tell what channel is covering what, because they talk about them in pieces.

Sports Net needs to evaluate their use of talking heads.  Having 4 guys tag team one another about the same topic is getting old. Having George Strombo (sp) moderating like this is The View is dumb.  Maybe regular season has performed better, but I don't really think so.   

I don't think George has worked out as well as he should have. I also am not sure why they would take someone from outside hockey industry and put him in the telecast moderator position..

It doesn't work well and I doubt he brought many "new to hockey viewers with him". There was so many hockey knowledgeable people they could have used instead.

I don't mind the round table thing too much and it is a suitable replacement for something more like a "Grapes/Coaches Corner" segment. 

I don't think George has worked out as well as he should have. I also am not sure why they would take someone from outside hockey industry and put him in the telecast moderator position..

It doesn't work well and I doubt he brought many "new to hockey viewers with him". There was so many hockey knowledgeable people they could have used instead.

I don't mind the round table thing too much and it is a suitable replacement for something more like a "Grapes/Coaches Corner" segment. 

The points of view of each is entertaining, but the debating (loudest voice) has to go.  I would prefer segments devoted to plays of the period (presented by one person), a rumor piece (Elliott), NHL general stuff (suspensions, etc)...

Oh, and two things need to go.  Sophia/social trending, and Christine Simpson.

Twenty minutes of intermission and it's a jumble of things going on.  Strombo has to go.  You are not going to appeal to people watching hockey by talking about everything other than what is being televised.  Spend 20 minutes talking hockey.  Just my opinion, but I tuned the game in to watch the game, see reviews of the game, and see why a team is winning or losing.  

I have liked the demonstrations of things using that... slick tile set?? As someone who never played the game beyond the neighborhood streets, it's nice to see a slower illustration of some of the finer points of hockey (eg how to pick up a loose puck with speed like Kane or Johnny).

I have liked the demonstrations of things using that... slick tile set?? As someone who never played the game beyond the neighborhood streets, it's nice to see a slower illustration of some of the finer points of hockey (eg how to pick up a loose puck with speed like Kane or Johnny).

I never minded the "hockey" stuff.  It the other BS I can't stand.  What's trending on social media?  Who cares - use twitter if you want to know.  Christine Simpson's voice goes through my skull like a nail.  Stick to hockey boys.  

Archived