Auston Matthews - The real prize?

jjgallow

Maybe a better word is “dominate”.  Every hockey player has potential but generational players dominate and have dominated the game at every level of hockey.  When the generational players reach the NHL they begin to rewrite the record book.

I think that word kind of fell out of favour after 50 shades of grey

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty soon we will have 50 shades of generational.  

Generational D-man

Generational winger

Generational forward

Generational goalie

Generational player not in the NHL

We need to come up with something new and original.

How about....we call them the "Next One"?

Actually.....what I would love to see....and honestly see no sign of....is the Next Bobby Orr.

Like....anywhere

Actually.....what I would love to see....and honestly see no sign of....is the Next Bobby Orr.

Like....anywhere

Wasn't Lindros the Next One?  Or was that Mario?  

Maybe we can just call them good players.  So far they have done Richard all.

Like....anywhere

There is no chance there could be another bobby orr, he changed the position far too much. I dont see how you could change the position like he did or do what he did in todays game its just not possible. 

There is no chance there could be another bobby orr, he changed the position far too much. I dont see how you could change the position like he did or do what he did in todays game its just not possible. 

Totally agree, but not totally.

And here come the stats again....

It's extremely unikely to see another Bobby Orr type again soon.

It's also extremely unlikely, that we will Never see another Bobby Orr.

At some point, it's bound to happen.   But as of yet, I don't see it in the draft, in junior, or in midget.  And you're absolutely right with regards to why we're not seeing it.  But eventually, all the stars will collide.  Some kid with More talent than McDavid, or Crosby, or maybe Lemieux/Gretzky will come along.    And.....eventually...one of those Very rare kids....are going to be a natural defenceman.

Like....yeah.  I'm not holding my breath.  But when/if it happens....that'll be deadly.

Pretty soon we will have 50 shades of generational.  

Generational D-man

Generational winger

Generational forward

Generational goalie

Generational player not in the NHL

I'm thinking they can rename add an honor called "Generational Player of the Month".

:lol:

I also never heard Ekblad, Stamkos, Mackinnon, or Yakupov been talked about as generational so the term has not been thrown around year after year.  I've only heard McDavid being talked about as generational since he was 15, for 3-years straight, so year after year, the word generational was used but it was always about one player and one player only.

Archived