TJ Brodie Back in the Lineup

Carty

Couple silver linings are he won't need surgery, so he can keep skating/conditioning up, and it happend relativley early in camp so it should minimize how many games he will actually miss.

It sucks for sure, but i'm not overly worried. The Flames have so much depth that for the first month they can easily adjust the ice time and give more to Gio-Hamilton and Russel-Wideman until Brodie is back. The only potential problem is if Gio-hamilton are a bust of a pairing or something and then you may have problems. i don't feel thats likely though.

Another silver lining, as Peeps suggested, is that opens up a spot for a kid to push for it which could be exciting. You'd like to see Wotherspoon grab it, but i think Morrison/Nakadl are closer basd on camp so far.

Couple silver linings are he won't need surgery, so he can keep skating/conditioning up, and it happend relativley early in camp so it should minimize how many games he will actually miss.

It sucks for sure, but i'm not overly worried. The Flames have so much depth that for the first month they can easily adjust the ice time and give more to Gio-Hamilton and Russel-Wideman until Brodie is back. The only potential problem is if Gio-hamilton are a bust of a pairing or something and then you may have problems. i don't feel thats likely though.

Another silver lining, as Peeps suggested, is that opens up a spot for a kid to push for it which could be exciting. You'd like to see Wotherspoon grab it, but i think Morrison/Nakadl are closer basd on camp so far.

I think Naklahdldsfjsdkf has the step up on all the others but it's weird we have too many RHS RD.  With Engellend RHS RD, Naklahssdfjsdfsd will have to play off hand.  Wotherspoon would be a more natural fit on the left side, but we'll see i guess.

I think Naklahdldsfjsdkf has the step up on all the others but it's weird we have too many RHS RD.  With Engellend RHS RD, Naklahssdfjsdfsd will have to play off hand.  Wotherspoon would be a more natural fit on the left side, but we'll see i guess.

Agreed, but I think the battle has to be close. If two players were close i would take th emore appropriate handness but if one player is clearly better I think you take him and dont' worry about what hand they shoot. Based on what i've seen right now I think Nakladal has a clear edge on that job but of course that can easily change.

PS - thats quite the auto correct on Nakladal's name :)

Jeeze, I hope we never get a player with a name spelled like that (Naklahdldsfjsdkf )....

I am in favor of splitting up the Russell/Wideman pair to start the season, but that means that it would be Wotherspoon to step up.

Hartley will not do this, but the pair was sub-par defensively last year.  I think Spoon compliments Wideman's offense with a sound defense.  His longer reach will put him in better positions to defend than Russell.  

So, that puts Nakladal with Russell.  Good fit.  Nakladal is showing his pro abilities, and having Russell with him aids in him adapting to the NA game quicker.  Then you have Engelland as a fall-back.  Russell can get additional minutes playing with Wideman, using some of Spoon's minutes.

I would rather see Wideman with Giordano. Russell with Hamilton.

Chicago split up Keith and Seabrook, but had less than spectacular results.  Your top pairing should be your top pair, IMHO.

Hamilton still has to adjust to the Flames systems and Gio is the guy to learn that from.  I do agree with splitting up Wideman and Russell.

Chicago split up Keith and Seabrook, but had less than spectacular results.  Your top pairing should be your top pair, IMHO.

Hamilton still has to adjust to the Flames systems and Gio is the guy to learn that from.  I do agree with splitting up Wideman and Russell.

I agree, especially with Hamilton. I don't want to come across like I don't like Hamilton becuase I love Dougie Hamilton but also I dont' think we should act like he is a stud in his own zone. He can drive pocession numbers and he's great with the puck and in the offensive zone but I tink there is work to be done in the defensive zone. If you've got two top end studs, like the Ducks did at one time with Niedermyer and pronger, then i agree you split them up to make sure one is on the ice at all times but right now that's not the Flames.

This hurts, but at least it is early in the year so he can recover. My biggest worry about it though is that it might take him a while to get the feel back and might affect his shot.

It sure seems Nakladal is the front runner for the job. I am not so sure about Wotherspoon, I really hope he takes a big step forward in training camp because in his stints in the NHL so far he hasn't looked good. I wasn't overly impressed with Morrison in the rookie camp, but he is another guy who has a shot at it. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was Wilson that ended up with the spot though.

This hurts, but at least it is early in the year so he can recover. My biggest worry about it though is that it might take him a while to get the feel back and might affect his shot.

It sure seems Nakladal is the front runner for the job. I am not so sure about Wotherspoon, I really hope he takes a big step forward in training camp because in his stints in the NHL so far he hasn't looked good. I wasn't overly impressed with Morrison in the rookie camp, but he is another guy who has a shot at it. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was Wilson that ended up with the spot though.

I agree with Morrison.  He isn't up to speed yet.  I do have high hopes for him, but he needs to impress the year in the AHL.

Nakladal does seem the natural fit, due to coming off a completely healthy year and playing on the world stage.  I think they should sign Wilson, but he can easily be waived to go to the AHL as a depth option.  He has to get his game back first, and prove that he is more than a 6/7 guy.  He would be my first option for callup.

It would be nice to give Andersson 9 games, but he should go back to the CHL to get his feet under him.

Wotherspoon is one of those guys that doesn't have any offensive flash.  If you don't notice him, that is usually a good thing.  I don't consider his game #82 last year to be a good reference for his game.  Before his injury the previous season, he started to play more respectable.  It's a little hard to judge his play so far this season, since he played exactly one game.  

I don't think that the Calgary Flames have ever had this problem in the history of the franchise until this season.

I'll reserve judgment until camp ends and I intend on seeing all home preseason games.

Nakladal's the frontrunner in my opinion.

Can't wait to see him vs the Sedins.

The biggest thing for me is he is not afraid of the puck, at all, so far.

I'm hoping it's a blessing in disguise and he really steps up and shows well.

But I reserve my judgment at this point, for sure.

Not sure why I like Nakladal. Perhaps it is because he comes across so polite in interviews. He seems to have solid awareness on the ice when it comes to making a first pass. He does not seem to have the same level of awareness when it comes to getting checked. That can be addressed rather quickly. Most North American ice hockey players learn early on that they have to be quite conscious of the angles that can get them rocked. He learned the hard way I guess. I hope he recovers quickly and has the opportunity to prove himself either way.

Archived