Wolf Returns to the Freezers

Carty

Just came across this while having a coffee...

Looks like Wolf felt that he couldn't cut it here...   I'm a bit disappointed as I had hoped he would be able to contribute more and that he would give it another season to try and adapt...

He had just one shot on net and one penalty in the three regular season and one playoff games he was called up for...

0d6c234a80e43a43b5236a54b6848286.png

0f7dfacc0e4d7cdd5229a51daaa4d5e6.png

4b8b8a48f82f5f9ae4952763d5b6b607.png

From http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.sport1.de/eishockey/del/2015/07/del-david-wolf-kehrt-zu-den-hamburg-freezers-zurueck&prev=search

He did alright, but I can see he doesn't want to be buried in the A for the next 2-3 years, maybe longer.  He was a star and a household name back home and he'll slip right back into the spotlight.

As for the Flames side of things, the depth on this team is too great at this point.  Unless these International players blow the brass' socks off and take a spot on the team, it seems that the likelihood of success is becoming less and less.  As in the case of Cervenka.

Wish him all the best.

Poor bugger never got a chance with 28 minutes of ice time.  The first game he played, I was impressed.  I though he was flying out there, knocking guys over like dominos, hustling up and down the ice, then demoted back to Addy.  I actually liked what I seen.  I never saw a skating issue.  He pots 20 goals in 59 games for Addy and we let him walk? 

Imagine if other teams (like CHI, BOS) had to make tough decisions too. :ph34r:

The Flames gave him a chance & many of us had high hopes for him. At the beginning of the year we had no idea what we had on the farm when the need arose so Wolf was another option. When others (like Ferland) proved to be better options the Flames made decisions.

Wolf is a big fish in a small pond back in Germany so probably made the best choice for himself. He could have riden the buses in the AHL waiting for his chance or go home where his family is & earn more money. He's 26, took a shot @ his dream of NHL but has to make life decisions.

Let's just wish him the best in his future. Not every player that would be a great story if he succeeded becomes what we hope. 

He'll soon just be a footnote like many others that were offered a chance but fell short. He'll have the memory of playing in the NHL which many good players don't.

I think it's one of those instances where he's just a few years late. If he were 22, he wouldn't be going anywhere. And like FF stated, Ferland would be a tough one for any likewise type player to get past.

But I hope that his year here made him a better hockey player to return home with, that he's taking away good things to flourish with back home.

I guess no more "Terminator" clips from the Sportsnet "comedy" duo. Thank god for that. When you're a child making fun of the way the new guy talks, you're a bully out for a laugh and libido-strengthening.

When you're an adult and do that, you're just the village idiot falling back on your basic instinct to be an idiot.

Sorry for the rant. I found it in really poor taste towards a guy who hadn't even left Germany yet.

Nice welcome...

I am saddened by Wolf's departure. Heres a player that gave a 110% a 100% of the time. In a tight cap league here is an inexpensive 4th liner that gives you work ethic, skill that was improving and toughness. He will do well in Germany with the experience he gained on the farm. He will make us pay next world cup. All the best Wolf.

The Flames gave him a chance & many of us had high hopes for him. At the beginning of the year we had no idea what we had on the farm when the need arose so Wolf was another option. When others (like Ferland) proved to be better options the Flames made decisions.

Wolf is a big fish in a small pond back in Germany so probably made the best choice for himself. He could have riden the buses in the AHL waiting for his chance or go home where his family is & earn more money. He's 26, took a shot @ his dream of NHL but has to make life decisions.

Let's just wish him the best in his future. Not every player that would be a great story if he succeeded becomes what we hope. 

He'll soon just be a footnote like many others that were offered a chance but fell short. He'll have the memory of playing in the NHL which many good players don't.

I though that Big Bad might be able to grab the spot from Bollig, but his injury turned a callup into missed games, game-time decisions, and never getting past the team practices. 

When we signed him, he was larger than life, since all we had was some utube footage and German league stats.  I think we all had visions of him steamrolling one of the Oiler kids or Hemsky. :)

We need to keep in mind that Wolf will be 26 to start next season. He isn't a kid getting used to the pro game. Outside of an energy full first game I didn't see a full time NHL player.

I did see someone I wanted to be a full time NHL player. Easy player to like. But I don't think he has the complete tool box needed.

Not a big loss imo. Wolf might have been able to stick arond as a guy who is a call up every now and then but i didn't see a full time NHLer either and even if he did it wouldn't have been above the 4th line. I agree and get he was a guy everyone likd and wanted to do well but from a pure asset standpoint this isn't a surprise nor dissapointing. he'll make more and be far more comfortable in Germany then i htnk he every would have been here

Of course he looked out of place you try to jump right into a series with a team like the Ducks and try to show you belong in the first game. I know next it will be he should be ready will im sure he was but again takes a few games to help do your job. I liked what I saw from him in the start of the yr didn't get to look at his game will in Abby but was hopping he would show up after Ferly got rocked but to little to late. I think players like smith coming in and Carrroll maybe he didn't see any future.

Archived