ABC923

11/27/2014 Corban Knight © Adirondack DEL Recalled from loan by Calgary (NHL)

11/27/2014 Devin Setoguchi (RW) Adirondack ADD Loaned from Calgary (NHL)

11/27/2014 Devin Setoguchi (RW) Adirondack Added

11/27/2014 Nathan Moon © Adirondack DEL Released from PTO

Pyro, thanks for clarifying that.  The tweet I read just said they re-assigned him to COL.  I didn't see the part where he was released from the PTO.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was good with the Setoguchi signing, but he simply isn't good enough. At best, he looks like an average AHLer. It'll be interesting to see how he does in the AHL.

I'm still of the mind we should have released him and spared him the embarrassment. He simply looks like he doesn't have the fortitude of the young guys that NEED to prove themselves for their hockey-playing survival.

Once upon a time he earned it. Sadly, he doesn't anymore.

I'll give Treliving the pardon, he couldn't have known just how hungry the prospects are.

They are eating everything with gusto! :lol:

With how the prospects are playing, I can't see any of our vets in the forward ranks, outside of Hudler, not thinking, "oh mary mother of jesus, let's hit it out of the park".

I don't think BT made a mistake with Seto. There was nothing he could lose! He was a security blanket, if our prospects aren't ready, what they are, so he coul keep the pressbox warm or jump in, in case of an injury.

He never took avay a spot of a prospect, they showed motivation and confidence to keep their spot. If he would have been as motivated, he would have been a great addition.

I was good with the Setoguchi signing, but he simply isn't good enough. At best, he looks like an average AHLer. It'll be interesting to see how he does in the AHL.

I'm still of the mind we should have released him and spared him the embarrassment. He simply looks like he doesn't have the fortitude of the young guys that NEED to prove themselves for their hockey-playing survival.

Once upon a time he earned it. Sadly, he doesn't anymore.

I'll give Treliving the pardon, he couldn't have known just how hungry the prospects are.

They are eating everything with gusto! :lol:

With how the prospects are playing, I can't see any of our vets in the forward ranks, outside of Hudler, not thinking, "oh mary mother of jesus, let's hit it out of the park".

You can't release players from contracts. Otherwise I am sure the Flames would have.

Wouldn't be shocked to see him back sometime this year. He could find a real groove in the AHL, get some confidence back and maybe contribute at the NHL level. Would actually be pretty nice to see him back after the new year looking like a rejuvinated man. Maybe we could even trade him at the TDL!

I hope this puts an end to the washed up experiments in Cgy, Seto is done.  He had his days of being a "hot" comodity but the past few years he has come back down to earth and is where he should have been.  Sorry, but this team and fans need to let go of sediments and do what is right for business, in this case Setto's time has come in Cgy.

I hope this puts an end to the washed up experiments in Cgy, Seto is done.  He had his days of being a "hot" comodity but the past few years he has come back down to earth and is where he should have been.  Sorry, but this team and fans need to let go of sediments and do what is right for business, in this case Setto's time has come in Cgy.

Experiments are necessary. You could consider an undrafted player an experiment - we have two that are performing admirably: Gio and Jooris.

What's key with an experiment is to know when to end it.

Unless that's his natural "resting face", he has the look of a man who's taking a brutal mental beating, whether it's justified or not, self-inflicted or not, or self-induced or not.  Some of the questions (was that Krysten Hallett asking some of them?) almost seemed loaded...like the were attempting to lead/bait him on to say something they could pounce on.

I truly hope he finds his game, or comes to accept that perhaps he's better served doing something else.  I hate seeing someone caught in-between like that.

Unless that's his natural "resting face", he has the look of a man who's taking a brutal mental beating, whether it's justified or not, self-inflicted or not, or self-induced or not.  Some of the questions (was that Krysten Hallett asking some of them?) almost seemed loaded...like the were attempting to lead/bait him on to say something they could pounce on.

I truly hope he finds his game, or comes to accept that perhaps he's better served doing something else.  I hate seeing someone caught in-between like that.

It's not Kirstin Hallett as that interview was after recent Adirondack game on 2 Dec I think.

I agree with your sentiment - he looks mentally shot to me as well.

I agree, he looks so sad and bereft of hope.

Both Hartley and Trevling say he works as hard as anyone in the organization.

I'm really wondering if something terrible has happened to him in his personal life.

I'm not a fan of his, but truly hope that he somehow works things out for the better.

While I wasn't his biggest fan, it does hurt a little bit to see him like that. I agree it looked like he was a defeated man. And while he wasn't a big factor to start the season, I actually do hope that he gets his groove back in the AHL and can come up and be the player he has shown flashes of in the last few years. As much as the first experiment has failed so far, perhaps if you change the parameters (confidence gained, allow him to mentally rebuild/buy into the system, chance to be a veteran leader with a lot of young guys who aren't established yet) the overall project can still succeed. If the Flames make it to the playoffs I would much rather have a Seto who is playing to his potential available to us (assuming he doesn't get traded) than not have him.

Archived