ABC923

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping he would find his groove but hasn't, Seto is going to be moved shortly. He should get waived, this was a desperate move that has not gone favorably. When and where ever he goes best of luck.

I wouldn't have classified this as a desperate move; Seto was a value signing for an area of need. We had very few "natural" RW, so it was a value signing that could have gone better. There was no guarantee that Jooris was going to show as well as he had. BT made some moves that gave us some insulation to being forced to play the kids.

I think we are seeing the last of Setoguchi. Too bad, since any roster signing should be a trade chip if they don't fit the organization. Seto has little to no trade value. More likely to be waived.

Seemed like a good move at the time of the signing, but I'm happy he's been pushed out by the younger guys. Seems losing his spot hasn't made him any better so I hope to see him down in Adirondack to try to salvage what's left of his career. 

OKAY I'm done spamming for this night, hopefully everyone doesn't hate me as much as I hate myself (which I don't). 

I too was one of the people who saw his signing as not a bad thing. I still don't. But in hindsight I would have much rather seen him as a try out coming into camp. Now is the time to send him down. No matter how hard he's pushing in practice. He's just not getting results in game situations and he looks lost. Send him down to Addy and give him minutes. Let's see if he can work it out down there. We have plenty of young guys making a push and that are getting results.

With Jones coming back into the lineup someone had to go.

You never like to see a guy who had so much success early, fall out of the league at such a young age.

My biggest question now is who sits? Baertschi, Knight or Bollig?

If it were up to me....Bollig

If we were to pick based on perception.....Baertschi

You never like to see a guy who had so much success early, fall out of the league at such a young age.

I hope they do a rotation.  Last season they had a handful of players rotate onto the bench.  Its good for the young guys to get the occasional break and the perspective of watching from the box.  

Depends on what you want.

- Ferland plays a big game, so it well suited against the Sharks

- Knight has been good on the dot, but plays limited minutes (like Baertschi) of which are not that good

- Bollig is usually invisible until an icing or mismatch of lines; plays tough against big teams, though

- Baetschi has been playing a big boy's game, and wasn't exactly pushed around against the Ducks; he's a better scoring option than Bouma, but doesn't have the blocking skills and PK ability (not that we have seen Sven do that)

- Granlund and Jooris are both fast and adept at the 2-way game

- Byron is 100% heart at 150 pounds; he can really fly plus he hits like a 1/2 ton of bricks (see Sedin)

I think it makes some sense to even out the minutes between 4 lines.  Have the lines like this; with or without Jones:

Without Jones:

GlenX-Mony-Byron

Johnny-Granny Apples-Hudler

Sven-Jooris-Ferland

Bollig-Knight-Bouma

With Jones:

GlenX-Mony-Jones

Johnny-Granny Apples-Hudler

Sven-Jooris-Ferland

Bouma-Knight-Byron

Who knows, maybe being waived will actually spark him.  He might tear it up in Addy and be back for a playoff push.  I doubt it, but I try to stay optimistic. 

As far as who sits now, bollig is the obvious answer.  He isn't part of future plans, and doesn't need the development.  That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of a revolving door for Sven, Knight, and maybe Ferland as well.  I don't think they sit Sven for more than a game or two though.  If he isn't going to play then he should be sent down, to make him ride the pine for an extended period would show vindictiveness toward the player.

Signed > "Nothing Given, Everything Earned" > Waivers

Seto was given every chance.

He was a reclamation project which appears to have failed.

If he would have had a better year in Winnipeg he would have been given more chances, more time.

It was time to cut our losses as we have several exciting prospects waiting in the wings in our "rebuild"

All the best Seto. The chance to turn it around is still there but we are not going to wait around forever.

As I still have strong ties in Taber that were a minor part of your families' past, I was hoping you would succeed.

Has he been put on waivers yet?

I see that we assigned Corban Knight to Adirondack today but Setoguchi is still showing as a roster player.

Yes he was put on waivers today, but stays on the roster till he clears or is claimed tomorrow. In order for Jones to come off of IR for tonight Knight had to be assigned to make room.

Archived