Free Agency As It Happens.

DirtyDeeds

Great analogy :)

I still think there are deals to be made but as I mentioned in another thread I think we're done on the FA front.  Watch for the Flames to make a trade or 2 with cap issue teams. 

Pick your dance partner, boys and girls...

Untitled-1_zpsf55653d1.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great analogy :)

I still think there are deals to be made but as I mentioned in another thread I think we're done on the FA front.  Watch for the Flames to make a trade or 2 with cap issue teams.

I think we could help out the Flyers. Trade Matt Reid and Luke Schenn for Hudler.

Hudler 4.0m

Schenn 3.6m / Reid 3.625 = 7.25m 3.25m savings :)

The Flyers & Bruins situation changes when Pronger & Savard go back on LTIR.

I was looking @ Chicago. Trading Sharp is often in rumors but unlikely. Trading 1 of Shaw or Leddy gets them pretty close but but with both traded they can back fill with 2 EL contracts.

I'd be willing to help them get 1/2 way there by taking Leddy (2.7 for 1 more year then RFA) off their hands for a prospect (1 that's decent but redundant) & a 6th rounder. The 6th should do it as they need to shed the salary but my reason for the prospect is 2 fold. We keep that spot open on the 50 man by shedding a type we have enough of & show Leddy that we value him which goes a long way when negotiating the re-signing.

Someone else will be eager to trade for Shaw (I'd say no as I like most of our Cs better right now) & they're fine. Short 2 good players but neither are core.

The Flyers & Bruins situation changes when Pronger & Savard go back on LTIR.

I was looking @ Chicago. Trading Sharp is often in rumors but unlikely. Trading 1 of Shaw or Leddy gets them pretty close but but with both traded they can back fill with 2 EL contracts.

I'd be willing to help them get 1/2 way there by taking Leddy (2.7 for 1 more year then RFA) off their hands for a prospect (1 that's decent but redundant) & a 6th rounder. The 6th should do it as they need to shed the salary but my reason for the prospect is 2 fold. We keep that spot open on the 50 man by shedding a type we have enough of & show Leddy that we value him which goes a long way when negotiating the re-signing.

Someone else will be eager to trade for Shaw (I'd say no as I like most of our Cs better right now) & they're fine. Short 2 good players but neither are core.

Just trying to help out. They may not need it at the start of the season, but with injuries could be in a Bickell, er, um, I mean pickle. They lose some depth and scoring, but get some of the scoring back and save some cap space. It also helps us push a guy like Engelland down the depth chart.

Saying that, I can see the trade with CHI; we need better D than Luke.

I don't really understand why Iginla would go to the Avs. If anyone wants to add some gloss onto this and help me see what it is I'm missing, I'd appreciate it.

Three years.

Almost every team inquired but only three teams were willing to offer him a 3 year term: TB, Van, Col.

Then Col had the highest dollar amount... Also perceived to be the strongest team of three remaining offers.

It's pretty simple ... Its his last contract... His priority is security and maximizing the dollar.

I don't really understand why Iginla would go to the Avs. If anyone wants to add some gloss onto this and help me see what it is I'm missing, I'd appreciate it.

Out of the Colorado, Vancouver and Tampa it is really between Colorado and Tampa are the best bet to win.  Really good young forward crop despite losing Stastny, his buddy Tanguay and probably Sakic helped lure him.  Still want him to finish the quest and lift the cup, even if he did so in Tampa I'd be a little disappointed not as much as if it were Vancouver or Edmonton, but Colorado I can live with.

Canucks just signed Vrbata 2 years 10 million.......  good player and a decent cap hit considering its only for 2 years. 

The 2yrs seems about right for Vrbata, he doesn’t like long relationships.  VAN becomes the 6th NHL team he has played for.  In a couple years he’ll head for friendly pastures back in Czech with his 10M of course.  This was the 20 yr trap the Flames just escaped. 

• 1 year later...

Archived