Free Agency As It Happens.

DirtyDeeds

Face slap to Ramo...

Oh, well. All GM's lie.

That's taking the negative to the extreme...Hiller spent the last year as a platoon goalie.

Great insurance, we fixed the net moving forward, in all of prospects, giving Ortio clear reigns in the A, and buying insurance for a not-quite-proven Ramo.

A 2 yr deal is more key than the 4.5 per.

Why is it a slap in the face to Ramo to address the club's concerns at goal?

You must have loved Feaster. This is addressing issues with good sense.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny how Calgary and Vancouver took the top 2 goalie prospects in the draft and have now taken the top 2 UFA goalies .. .

Im guessing the rumors that Iginla is considering offers from Colorado, Minny and Vancouver isnt gonna sit well with Calgary fans. No offer from the Oilers ?

That's taking the negative to the extreme...Hiller spent the last year as a platoon goalie.

Great insurance, we fixed the net moving forward, in all of prospects, giving Ortio clear reigns in the A, and buying insurance for a not-quite-proven Ramo.

A 2 yr deal is more key than the 4.5 per.

Why is it a slap in the face to Ramo to address the club's concerns at goal?

You must have loved Feaster. This is addressing issues with good sense.

At the end of the season, Burke says Ramo is the starter. Says he earned it. The slap is to sign a starter. Sure you have options in net, but wasn't Ramo's performance worthy of giving him some confidence as the starter? If they deploy Hiller as a 1b goalie, this may not be as big a concern, but the money talks.

At the end of the season, Burke says Ramo is the starter. Says he earned it. The slap is to sign a starter. Sure you have options in net, but wasn't Ramo's performance worthy of giving him some confidence as the starter? If they deploy Hiller as a 1b goalie, this may not be as big a concern, but the money talks.

I don't hink the flames gave him that money because they see him as a starter I think hey gave him that money because hey need it to get to the floor. The flames are not getting a top player, and thus a top salary, unless hey give you term and they don't want to give out term so I see this as a case where they filled a need in terms of creating a goalie competition but also helped themself by getting to the floor without having to commit term. I think Ramo opens the season as the starter.

Ability talks louder, you won't start the lesser goalie because he makes more. Cap floor was at issue, and concerns at the position for the short term. Ramo hasn't earned it yet.

Heck, Kiprusoff hadn't earned it yet, by many around here at the time, for taking us to SCF game 7 in his 1st year here.

If Ramo is that back half goalie, he has nothing to fear.

I don't hink the flames gave him that money because they see him as a starter I think hey gave him that money because hey need it to get to the floor. The flames are not getting a top player, and thus a top salary, unless hey give you term and they don't want to give out term so I see this as a case where they filled a need in terms of creating a goalie competition but also helped themself by getting to the floor without having to commit term. I think Ramo opens the season as the starter.

I can accept this explanation. It's what I expected in any signings we would do this summer. BT said he needed to sign a backup. Will be interested to see how the goalies are deployed this year, knowing how Hartley likes to play them.

Iginla to the AVs, thank God it wasn't Vancouver.

Cant say im upset about this . . . I dont see how he would fit a re-tool. He still has a great shot and can score but he doesnt have the same hard work ethic that he did. He is better off with a contending team

Cant say im upset about this . . . I dont see how he would fit a re-tool. He still has a great shot and can score but he doesnt have the same hard work ethic that he did. He is better off with a contending team

Yes he is off better going to a team able to contend in playoffs.  <_<

Wow Florida has really added some pretty good players.  Mitchell, Montoya, Jokinen (Jussi), Bolland, Thorton (Shawn).  With Luongo as the starter that's a pretty good line up considering the other pieces they have.  Look for them to improve this season.

9cd4e8148cec05e067bd2dbf43c3b3a5_bigger.Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance  3m

Niskanen closing in on a deal with the Capitals.

F8zs2_wv_bigger.jpegElliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC  21s

Niskanen 7 yrs, $40.25M with WASH

F8zs2_wv_bigger.jpegElliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC  1m

Spending for today now above $500M

It will be interesting when the dust settles to see what team has issues after spending like drunken sailors. :)

It will be interesting when the dust settles to see what team has issues after spending like drunken sailors. :)

Great analogy :)

I still think there are deals to be made but as I mentioned in another thread I think we're done on the FA front.  Watch for the Flames to make a trade or 2 with cap issue teams. 

Archived