Are The 3Rd Jerseys Cursed?

Carty

*Edited with updates*

Another night in the new 3rds and another loss...    They wore them  11 times this season...   http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=688744

Here is the breakdown so far:..

- Nov. 1st vs the Detroit Red Wings - LOSS

- Nov. 16th vs the Edmonton Oilers - LOSS

- Dec. 10th vs the Boston Bruins - LOSS

- Dec. 27th vs the Edmonton Oilers - LOSS

- Dec. 29th vs the Vancouver Canucks - LOSS

- Dec. 31st vs the Philadelphia Flyers - LOSS

- Jan. 11th vs the Pittsburgh Penguins - LOSS

- Jan. 16th vs the Winnipeg Jets - LOSS

- Feb. 1st vs the Minnesota Wild - Did not wear as per request from Hartley and the team

- Mar. 5th vs the Ottawa Senators - WIN

- Mar. 28th vs the New York Rangers - WIN

- Apr.11th vs the Winnipeg Jets - LOSS

The curse may have been lifted for always losing when playing in the new 3rd's, but the record now stands at 2 - 9 when they are wearing them...  

I still like the old 3rd retro jerseys better, and I wish that they would either go back to them or try something new next year...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The retro's definitely need to make a return, but I don't see it happening any time soon.  With all the money they've spent on these cursed threads and the surrounding swag such as stickers, keychains, mugs, etc, they are going to bleed them dry for a few years.

At least in the retros we looked good while losing  :(

I'm going to have to start thinking of the new 3rds as what we wear when we don't want to soil the real jerseys. It's the only way I can tolerate them. They're the shirt you wear when you know crap is going to hit the fan. The shirt you wear when you rebuild something in a basement and don't want to get oil on your good threads.

Wow, never thought my cursed comment would lead to a thread of it's own, I had just noted a trend, but thanks to Carty putting the research in and to make the thread we can actually see how bad this is.

So far they really are cursed Jerseys 0-6 that's bad.  At best (if they will all the remaining games) they will be 6-6 or .500 which is not so great and the likely hood of that is slim.  

Giving the 3rd are suppose to be a special jersey one would think a tradition of success and winning should be tagged with the 3rd, like our retro jersey.  

My vote, burn them, they are cursed.  

Bring back the retro as the 3rd.

The 3rd Jerseys aren't horrible looking or anything but they wear them WAY too much. I miss the retros....they were among the best jerseys in the ENTIRE league! The team looked like fire skating on ice wearing them. Such a mistake to discontinue them.

Not to mention our 3rd jersey is the only one in the league with baseball-jersey handwriting on the front. Hope these get fazed out.

And here I was hoping the retros would become the new home jersey. Even Edmonton got this one right.

• 2 weeks later...

Update due to the Flames losing against the Pens last night...

Another night in the new 3rds and yet another loss...    As per the site, out of 12 games they have 5 left to go wearing them this season...   http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=688744

- Jan. 16th vs the Winnipeg Jets

- Feb. 1st vs the Minnesota Wild

- Mar. 5th vs the Ottawa Senators

- Mar. 28th vs the New York Rangers

- Apr.11th vs the Winnipeg Jets

I know it is too soon to put them all in a big pile and burn them, but the record stands at 0 - 7 when they are wearing them...

My vote at this point...   Bring the old 3rd retro jerseys back!!!

Update due to the Flames losing against the Jets last night...

*Edited with updates*

Another night in the new 3rds and yet another loss...    As per the site, out of 12 games they have 4 left to go wearing them this season...   http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=688744

- Jan. 16th vs the Winnipeg Jets - LOSS

- Feb. 1st vs the Minnesota Wild

- Mar. 5th vs the Ottawa Senators

- Mar. 28th vs the New York Rangers

- Apr.11th vs the Winnipeg Jets

I know it is too soon to put them all in a big pile and burn them, but the record stands at 0 - 8 when they are wearing them...

My vote at this point...   Bring the old 3rd retro jerseys back!!!

The team is cursed and to cure it you have to send me 5 bucks each.

Katz, is that you?  I think I saw you hanging around Rexal Place begging for quarters.  "Buddy, got any spare change so's I can hire me a new Pres that doesn't know nothing about winning?  I have to pay him a mill for every Cup Ring he has!".

they look like the devils' jerseys.

That was my first thought also. And they have baseball style writing on them also. I really detest those Jersey's. The only curse here though is Kerr so he has to go.

The team is cursed and to cure it you have to send me 5 bucks each.

Maybe you should send us 5 bucks each and we will consider taking the pins out of the Oiler voodoo dolls.

Archived