Are The 3Rd Jerseys Cursed?

Carty

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katz, is that you?  I think I saw you hanging around Rexal Place begging for quarters.  "Buddy, got any spare change so's I can hire me a new Pres that doesn't know nothing about winning?  I have to pay him a mill for every Cup Ring he has!".

I'm too charitable to be Daryl Katz, for that.... price turned to 10 bucks. Well 20 after hearing Carty.

The retro's definitely need to make a return, but I don't see it happening any time soon.  With all the money they've spent on these cursed threads and the surrounding swag such as stickers, keychains, mugs, etc, they are going to bleed them dry for a few years.

Unfortunately I agree. They would need a lot of petitions from season ticket holders to get the attention of the brass to actually do something about it.

Mine is priceless, and I ain't giving it up...   :)

b13aa0cd8ae6a13d474f41264a46e797.png

Rofl. I laughed so hard when I saw this my eyes teared up . lolz.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting that Calgary was supposed to wear the 3rd jersey's tonight, but opted not too. I am thinking they didn't want ruin their 4 game winning streak.

Of any home game, this should have been the game they wore the 3rd jersey for. The theme screamed country. But, the team must feel the jersey is cursed even more than the fans.

• 4 weeks later...

*Edited with updates*

Another night in the new 3rds and finally a win!!!...    As per the site, out of 12 11 games they have 2 left to go wearing them this season...   http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=688744

Here is the breakdown so far:..

- Nov. 1st vs the Detroit Red Wings - LOSS

- Nov. 16th vs the Edmonton Oilers - LOSS

- Dec. 10th vs the Boston Bruins - LOSS

- Dec. 27th vs the Edmonton Oilers - LOSS

- Dec. 29th vs the Vancouver Canucks - LOSS

- Dec. 31st vs the Philadelphia Flyers - LOSS

- Jan. 11th vs the Pittsburgh Penguins - LOSS

- Jan. 16th vs the Winnipeg Jets - LOSS

- Feb. 1st vs the Minnesota Wild - Did not wear as per request from Hartley and the team

- Mar. 5th vs the Ottawa Senators - WIN

- Mar. 28th vs the New York Rangers

- Apr.11th vs the Winnipeg Jets

I know it is too soon to put them all in a big pile and burn them...   The record stands at 1 - 9 when they are wearing them...   They finally got a win wearing them, and the curse has been lifted...   :)

I still like the old 3rd retro jerseys better though...   :lol:

Finally...   A win while wearing the new 3rd jerseys!!!

The curse has been lifted...   :)

5ef1bcf98b3b8553774bf7918a8ef657.gif

The heritage jersey is almost as ugly as that hick third we have now. Sigh...

Hey.... don't insult the heritage Jersey! It looks realy great, especially with the win we got in that game (is there any other Jersey with a 100% win percentage).

I bought one with my name on it, so it cannot look ugly! Such comments about the heritage Jersey are disallowed on the Flames boards! :ph34r:  :P  :D

I think this is simply a case of bad timing.  To launch a new third jersey when a team is in the first year of a rebuild was kind of a poor marketing plan if you ask me.  Fans and hockey players alike are superstitious creatures and things like curses are very real in their minds.  All it takes is a run of bad luck and people start looking at things to pin the blame on.  If it were me I would have delayed launching a new jersey until the team was on its way out of the rebuild..........you know, new team/new look..............makes more sense. 

I think this is simply a case of bad timing.  To launch a new third jersey when a team is in the first year of a rebuild was kind of a poor marketing plan if you ask me.  Fans and hockey players alike are superstitious creatures and things like curses are very real in their minds.  All it takes is a run of bad luck and people start looking at things to pin the blame on.  If it were me I would have delayed launching a new jersey until the team was on its way out of the rebuild..........you know, new team/new look..............makes more sense. 

Look at it in another light.  Maybe the Flames were thinking the losing was going to be an inevitable outcome, so they launched new jerseys to shoulder the blame and frustrations from the fanbase.  Once the rebuild is nearing its end and looking more promising, they bring back the retros to a team that has a hot hand.  From a marketing standpoint, that would be very smart.

Food for thought.

Look at it in another light.  Maybe the Flames were thinking the losing was going to be an inevitable outcome, so they launched new jerseys to shoulder the blame and frustrations from the fanbase.  Once the rebuild is nearing its end and looking more promising, they bring back the retros to a team that has a hot hand.  From a marketing standpoint, that would be very smart.

Food for thought.

This would be a very smart idea, giving the majority of Flames fans like the retro jerseys and are indifferent towards the new 3rd jerseys. 

• 3 weeks later...

What do you guys think of the third jersey? As a Calgarian I think they look like the cheap knockoff version that used to be around. I think they should bring back the flaming horse. Just an Avs fan perspective haha

Most of us feel the same and want the retro 3rds back, but some like it. Personally I think the retro 3rds are the best we've ever had and I really miss them.

Archived