Connor Mcdavid Watch

jjgallow

Actually, i stand corrected twice today.  Crosby did score 102-points as an 18-year-old rookie.  It was Ovechkin i was thinking about who lost a year due to the lockout and even then, Ovechkin scored 106-points as a rookie.

Yes, Crosby turned 19 after his rookie, 18 year old season.  Imagine the poor Canuck fans having to hear over and over about an 18 year old.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crosby score 102 as an 18 year old.  Sounds like dominating to me.  I am not saying he isn't a good player.  He will need to translate junior skill to NHL ability and become a "generational" player before I would consider talking about him that way.  Elite?  Possibly.  Generational, talk to me in about 5 years.

Crosby was fantastic in his rookie season, but I woudln't use the determine dominant to describe it. he became dominant as he progressed. In his rookie year I think his pure skill is what got him a ton of points, but like Peeps said to talk about dominate board play etc, I think that came after a season or two for Crosby.

I just think you are vatly underrating how skilled this guys is. comments like "oh he'll score against average goalies" or "he can only score off the rush" are severly undercutting how talented he is. I don't think he'll have a Crosby like 102 point season, but I'll actually be surprised if he doesn't put up at least 65-70 points and the only reaosn that number may seem low is scoring is down significantly since Crosby's rookie year. IMO 65-70 points in this climate is like Crosby putting up 80-90 when he was a rookie.

Crosby was fantastic in his rookie season, but I woudln't use the determine dominant to describe it. he became dominant as he progressed. In his rookie year I think his pure skill is what got him a ton of points, but like Peeps said to talk about dominate board play etc, I think that came after a season or two for Crosby.

I just think you are vatly underrating how skilled this guys is. comments like "oh he'll score against average goalies" or "he can only score off the rush" are severly undercutting how talented he is. I don't think he'll have a Crosby like 102 point season, but I'll actually be surprised if he doesn't put up at least 65-70 points and the only reaosn that number may seem low is scoring is down significantly since Crosby's rookie year. IMO 65-70 points in this climate is like Crosby putting up 80-90 when he was a rookie.

To date, he has not impressed me.  He may be super talented and all, but until I see it translated on the ice in the NHL, I won't be making any predictions.  A player like Johnny Hockey had to adapt in every league he played in because he was a small player that had to learn how to play against bigger, stronger players.  McDavid has never been "small".  He has played in leagues with peers close to his size, even when he was underage.  He has some growing to do, to be able to score the kind of goals he has in the past.

:lol:

Hey Bronco, I am interested in your opinion of McDavid.  Do you think he is ready to play in the NHL?  Is he going to be on the top line? To this point, he hasn't had much success with Hall.  Do you think Draisaitl is a better mate?  Or Yak?  

I get so tired of the TSN's of the world predicting the 2nd coming.  I am interested in a sane opinion. 

I was listening to a ryan rishaug interview saying that mcdavid might struggle a little bit at 5 on 5, as the majority of the game is played along the boards, which mcdavid doesnt excel at while crosby does. Mcdavid is great off the rush and creating big plays which he may not be able to do against NHL defense. Im sure he will still score 60 points this season as hes great on the powerplay and should be great with the right linemates, but I personally think eichel has the make up to be a better player at 5 on 5.

Archived