'13/'14 Flames Forum Fantasy Pool Thread

s4xon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone needs a goalie, you can bait me.

What was once messy is now Lehtonen, Harding and Steve Mason.

IMO, 3 of the best goalies in the league right now.

Mehates overlapping starts. So either Harding or Mason are for sale.

I need D and LW.

Neither of those 2 have sucked this year, at all.

Just the Flyers, so it might hinge upon whether you expect that to continue, but Mason has been stellar. Emery is definitely the backup.

Damn, Giordano was having such a great season and now it looks like he's out for a few more weeks.  Not sure how he will respond once he's back.  I'm so thin on D as it is.

He's injured along with Nash and Hartnell who both have the ability to chip in with all purpose stats on any given night.  Trying to keep my lead in the pool with replacements like Penner and Malone but now even Penner is injured. 

Hertl was unlucky, as lucky as it was for his 4-goal game.  He was taking the league by storm until he got concussed. Now he's playing scared and has been taken off the Thornton line.  He's got 7-goals but it looks like the type to end the season with 15.  Maybe something like Tarasenko last season.  He showed a few flashes, got concussed, and then was snail pace the rest of the season.  If anyone believes otherwise, he's up for grabs.  I need a D.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Second place was looking bleak for me until Stamkos came back.  Pretty good battle there with Invin right now.

Yeah you 2 are swapping back and forth huge. 4th is a dogfight with the heavyweights too.

I gloat, but I'm aware it takes a lot of luck. Really found patience was a key for me with FA's. Make your selection and stick by it.

Perry, Giroux, Hossa and Benn did what they are supposed to with the heavy lifting, but continually getting contributions from Palat, Ward, Higgins, Santorelli (until IR) and Sobotka really put me over the top

+/- doesn't mean that much to me in real life, but in pooling it means a ton.

Wanted Santorelli on the Flames when he was in Fla. Still do.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived