http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/30604

The name speaks for itself.  A thread where we can:

• talk smack
  • sing praises
  • suggest trades
  • ask questions
  • voice concerns
  • and merely vent

about all things going on in the Forum Fantasy Pool.  Good luck to everyone, and I'll be seeing you all eat my dust. Go team. :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who are new to the Pool:

Now that your team has drafted, it's time to set rosters and/or make some roster moves/trades.

You can check out everyone's team either through the DRAFT CENTRAL page or in the MY TEAM page.  On the MY TEAM page, simply hover your mouse over your name and a drop down menu will appear for quick access to other teams.

TO SET ROSTERS

Players on the bench DO NOT score fantasy points for you.  You must play them into a starting roster spot denoted with either C,LW,RW,D,UTIL,G. 

The first game of the season is Oct.1.  From the MY TEAM page, immediately under the Roster tab is a date.  Lay your mouse over the date and find your way to Oct.1 and beyond.  Once on Oct.1, players who play that day will be noted with a game under their name.  If you have players on the bench who play on Oct.1, you'll want to swap them with a player in a starting roster spot who does not play.

To do this, simply click BESIDE the player's name (clicking directly on a player's name opens a link to their player page)  and then click again BESIDE the player's name you want to replace/swap places.  LW, for example, can only be played into a LW spot.  Some players are multi-positional and they offer your lineup a lot of flexibility.

And that's it.  Simple as that.  Do this for all your players for as many days ahead you want to set your roster.  Some days like Saturdays, almost all NHL teams play.  This is where you will have to make some tough decisions and choose who to play and who to bench.

TO PROPOSE TRADES

On any opponent's team page, there is an option to the right of every player's name that will link you to a trade proposal screen.  From there, you can dream up any trade proposal and send it through.

TO PICK UP UFA

Go to PLAYERS tab at the very top.  From there, a list of all UFA's are available for trade with.  To add a UFA, simply click on the "+" sign beside that player's name to link you to a trade screen.  If you have an empty roster spot already, then simply add the player without dropping one.  Otherwise, you'll have to drop a player first.  Teams are allowed a max of 16 players.

WAIVER PRIORITY

Whenever players first enter the UFA market, they must be contested for with waiver priority.  Only after being unclaimed do they become "free".  If a team spends its waiver priority to claim a player, then that team drops to waiver priority 20 and all teams previously lower will rise up by one spot. 

All undrafted players are ungoing waivers at the moment and the date beside their name denotes the day they come off waivers and become totally free.  If you want to queue some players on waivers, simply go through the UFA pick-up procedure and wait for the player's waiver period to end.

INJURED RESERVE - IR

When a player in real life is placed on IR, yahoo will assign that player in fantasy hockey with an IR status.  When this happens, you simply click on that player with an IR status and swap him into an empty IR spot (that will appear only for IR players).

Doing this will open one spot on your roster for a UFA pick-up.  Simply get a player from UFA for free.  You can decide when to drop and who to drop once your injured player comes off IR.  You don't have to drop the same guy you picked up as replacement.

We have 2 IR spots per team.

-The People1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a little miffed I was out-waivered on Beauchemin, and then....there he was.....

Marc Staal....just sitting there as a FA.

Woot!

Yeah, not sure if I should have dropped Beauchemin, lol.   

But, he's -3 so far, so it's worked out okay  early on.

As a general rule I am terrible at fantasy sports. But I want everyone to look at the leaderboard because this is probably the first and last time it will look like that.

:lol: Yeah, you had a stellar night last night CM. 

My issue tonight is I have every spot filled for the forwards, and I'm left with 2-3 guys out of the lineup that have potential to earn me points.  Not a fun issue to have right at this moment.   

Darn you Carty and your Craig Anderson! (actually I like the Sens, but still)

So that's what a shutout gives you.  Damn you Carty.  :mad:   :D  

36.25 points is pretty good for a goalie...   :)

Today I only have one player in action, and I see he is -1 with 8 min left in the game...   That will probably be the only time I will be on top of the leaderboard this season, but I admit it felt pretty good to be there once...   :lol:

I'm still wondering where the heck Peeps came from?  He was bottom of the barrel and then has had some horseshoes up his arse or something.  A couple 100+ point nights and he's 1st?!

We still have over 70 games left.  Anything can happen, including Peeps falling from glory... :D

Archived