Iggy And The Bruins

Carty

I always see him getting really good shots in the highlights, like full-blast one timers from the slot. He seems to be hitting posts, getting stopped by great saves, etc.....

The goalpost virus that he caught from Olli Jokinen a few years ago has now emerged from dormancy into a full-blown infection. I am confident he will fight it off eventually; but when?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Iggy can't wait for another month of October to end fast enough... Oct 22nd, 7 games in... zero goals.

Still leads the team in shots tho.  So he may be priming to explode in November - as per usual.

Maybe he'll start early by feasting on the AHL Sabres...

Looks like Iggy can't wait for another month of October to end fast enough... Oct 22nd, 7 games in... zero goals.

Still leads the team in shots tho.  So he may be priming to explode in November - as per usual.

Maybe he'll start early by feasting on the AHL Sabres...

Iggy has 8 pts in 10 games

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Iggy contributed 2 assists towards the cause yesterday, and the Bruins evened up the series...

I still hope that this is the season that Iginla gets to hoist the cup and take it for a skate...

Iggy can win the cup this year then rejoin the Flames next season to mentor our younglings :)

Iggy can win the cup this year then rejoin the Flames next season to mentor our younglings :)

No thanks.....we have enough mentors on the team.  Bringing Iginla back for the sake of having him back is counterproductive to what the Flames are trying to do.

Iginla's OT goal puts Bruins up 3-1 in series

21049c5331dba1dcf84bcb92f888688d.png

Jarome Iginla scored on a deflected shot 13:32 into overtime to give the Bruins a come-from-behind 3-2 victory against the Red Wings on Thursday at Joe Louis Arena.

6f4d28e0348df5cb04ff29492a581af0.png

Nice one Iggy...   :)

Iggy got the empty netter insurance goal on Saturday to seal the fate of the Wings...

Granted neither one of his playoff goals has been pretty, but they still count on the score sheet...   and Jarome has become an integral part of the Bruins team this season...

To me, it seems like Boston is just starting to build momentum, much like in recent years in the playoffs, eg: series against the Leafs...   and I get the Feeling that Iginla is just starting to get his fire stoked as well...

• 2 weeks later...

Come on Iggy!  Put those Habs away tonight, win the cup, and come on home!

Sorry but no, really NO.

Look I love Iggy as much as the next Flames fan but we do NOT need him back here.  It's pretty obvious with him gone the team has effected a radical culture change in just one year.  These things normally take a LOT longer and when you look at that along with every single outgoing coach talking about how we were a "hard team to coach" it screams at me that Iggy was a major part of why our culture became what it did.

That culture cost us at a minimum several deep playoff runs and in my opinion at least one cup.  If some of those talent laden teams had played with the compete that they played with this season it's a no brainer.

When you look at how badly this team was mortgaged to try and win that cup all around Iggy, well...   Look as great as a Flame that he was, and as much as he helped save this franchise in his earlier years at the end of the day we are in a bad bad position looking at a massive rebuild effort and honestly it's because of Iggy.  Nevermind the whole bruins vs. penguins fiasco on his trade.

Honestly the next time I want to see Iggy in a Flames jersey is the night we retire #12 and if he want to come back and do media relations like Lanny did I am all for it but I really would prefer to not see him skate in the jersey unless it's in one of those legends of hockey type of games.

Sorry but no, really NO.

Look I love Iggy as much as the next Flames fan but we do NOT need him back here.  It's pretty obvious with him gone the team has effected a radical culture change in just one year.  These things normally take a LOT longer and when you look at that along with every single outgoing coach talking about how we were a "hard team to coach" it screams at me that Iggy was a major part of why our culture became what it did.

That culture cost us at a minimum several deep playoff runs and in my opinion at least one cup.  If some of those talent laden teams had played with the compete that they played with this season it's a no brainer.

When you look at how badly this team was mortgaged to try and win that cup all around Iggy, well...   Look as great as a Flame that he was, and as much as he helped save this franchise in his earlier years at the end of the day we are in a bad bad position looking at a massive rebuild effort and honestly it's because of Iggy.  Nevermind the whole bruins vs. penguins fiasco on his trade.

Honestly the next time I want to see Iggy in a Flames jersey is the night we retire #12 and if he want to come back and do media relations like Lanny did I am all for it but I really would prefer to not see him skate in the jersey unless it's in one of those legends of hockey type of games.

I think a lot of people want to see Iggy win a cup due to his long association with the city and the team.  I doubt many would want to see him come back as a member of the team; that is history.

Whether he sees his home as Calgary or Edmonton, he will bring back the cup for a visit to Alberta.  Bring it on.

Sorry but no, really NO.

This is a very good post

I for one find it ridiculous that we can blame Iggy for the state the team is in now.  The man carried the Flames as far as he could, alone, year after year.  The management tried to build a team that could compliment Iggy, or at least do their share, but year after year failed....not Iggy's fault  He has proven that he fits in just fine on other teams and is very coachable.

The problem with the Flames during the Iggy years came down to poor coaching IMO.  Had Sutter stayed on the bench instead of moving upstairs I believe we would have had allot more success if not the cup.  Look what coaching did to a lunchbox team in 2004.  Look what Sutter's LA teams have achieved year after year, and they don't look allot different that the Flames did in 2005/2006/2007.

Iggy should be back for his last year and allowed to retire as a Flame, should be honoured as our best player ever, and treated as such.  Crazy that the man still lead the Bruins in goals this year and we wouldn't want him back here to teach our kids?

I can't see any reason why the Bruins wouldn't want to have Iggy back next season...

I also think that they just ran into the Habs while they were on a streak, including Price while he was in the zone...   Things may have gone differently if they had played any other team from the East in the 2nd round...

Boston will be a contender again next season, and Iggy will be one of the reasons why...

292b1b367cdcd904bb79cbda5c19a074.png

I for one find it ridiculous that we can blame Iggy for the state the team is in now.  The man carried the Flames as far as he could, alone, year after year.  The management tried to build a team that could compliment Iggy, or at least do their share, but year after year failed....not Iggy's fault  He has proven that he fits in just fine on other teams and is very coachable.

The problem with the Flames during the Iggy years came down to poor coaching IMO.  Had Sutter stayed on the bench instead of moving upstairs I believe we would have had allot more success if not the cup.  Look what coaching did to a lunchbox team in 2004.  Look what Sutter's LA teams have achieved year after year, and they don't look allot different that the Flames did in 2005/2006/2007.

Iggy should be back for his last year and allowed to retire as a Flame, should be honoured as our best player ever, and treated as such.  Crazy that the man still lead the Bruins in goals this year and we wouldn't want him back here to teach our kids?

He moved on. We should too.

Archived