Iggy And The Bruins

Carty

Iggy is a Bruin...   One year deal with a base salary of $1.8 million and the contract carries incentives of $4.2 million for an annual salary-cap figure of $6 million...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=676945&navid=nhl:topheads

I like the idea of Iggy being a Bruin a lot better than being a Penguin...   :)

I hate to say it, but the Flames will quite possibly not be in contention this season, so if the time comes and if the Flames are out of the playoffs, I will be cheering for the Bruins and hoping that Iggy gets to hoist the cup...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

bad move iggy there is no way the bruins go to the finals should have not went after the $$ .really it pist me off he went to boston i really wanted him to win his cup and come home  the kings & hawks had interest in him but he went for the $$s.east will not take the cup i have a huge feeling the blues or kings or hawks  will come out of the west.sorry about the rant all my life been a flame born raised here and our captain was my hero fustrates me not to see him win the cup and i get the vibe he is more about the money.

bad move iggy there is no way the bruins go to the finals should have not went after the $$ .really it pist me off he went to boston i really wanted him to win his cup and come home  the kings & hawks had interest in him but he went for the $$s.east will not take the cup i have a huge feeling the blues or kings or hawks  will come out of the west.sorry about the rant all my life been a flame born raised here and our captain was my hero fustrates me not to see him win the cup and i get the vibe he is more about the money.

Iggy had been showing his age for a couple-few years in Calgary. I think the east is likely a better move for him from the travel standpoint. I would rather not see him win a cup and come back here. Don't get me wrong I would love to see him win a cup.......

Sometimes you have to let your heroes move on. Kind of like your Ex there was lots of good times but to get back together would likely be a big mistake.

Im pretty sure his family is wanting to come back here. Hence the one year deal. He wants to win and come back to familar ground where his family is comfortable. If Iginla wins a cup in the next year or two and wants back to Calgary for a retirement contract at low dollars 99% of fans and the team would welcome him back.

• 2 months later...

He's such a good fit there. Slots in seamlessly into the oft-injured Horton's role.

Should be just as offensively effective as well.

Should easily cruise past 20g with a more than legit shot at another 30g season with Krejci and top line PP time.

What would you guys set as Iginla's Over/Under for goals this yr?

a- 23.5

b- 26.5

c- 29.5

d- 32.5

e- 35.5

I would take the over on b..

Maybe take the under on c, but be very prepared to lose my money..

He's such a good fit there. Slots in seamlessly into the oft-injured Horton's role.

Should be just as offensively effective as well.

Should easily cruise past 20g with a more than legit shot at another 30g season with Krejci and top line PP time.

What would you guys set as Iginla's Over/Under for goals this yr?

a- 23.5

b- 26.5

c- 29.5

d- 32.5

e- 35.5

I would take the over on b..

Maybe take the under on c, but be very prepared to lose my money..

You left a safe bet open.

Over on a, under on e.

:)

I think Iggy will be fine offensively for the Bruins.  But what about when Julien demands that he play responsibly in his own zone?  The Bruins have a big emphasis on playing a two-way game.  Iginla hasn't had anyone push him to do that since Darryl Sutter walked away from coaching the team.

He'll get a lot of powerplay and offensive zone starts but I don't think he'll be counted on to play in his own zone.

I think Iggy will be fine offensively for the Bruins. But what about when Julien demands that he play responsibly in his own zone? The Bruins have a big emphasis on playing a two-way game. Iginla hasn't had anyone push him to do that since Darryl Sutter walked away from coaching the team.

He'll get a lot of powerplay and offensive zone starts but I don't think he'll be counted on to play in his own zone.

Lucic-Krejci-Ignila

Yeah considering he has capable linemates, as well as the Bergeron line (Marchant, Eriksson) picking up the fat defensive responsibilities.

He won't look like he's out on an Island as much as he did the last couple yrs with Krejci as the center.

I'm wondering how that line actually plays out in transition on the ice tho... it doesn't look like a fast line.

Lucic-Krejci-Ignila

Yeah considering he has capable linemates, as well as the Bergeron line (Marchant, Eriksson) picking up the fat defensive responsibilities.

He won't look like he's out on an Island as much as he did the last couple yrs with Krejci as the center.

I'm wondering how that line actually plays out in transition on the ice tho... it doesn't look like a fast line.

While it might not look like a fast line, It has talent, grit and players whose skill sets compliment each others...   I also believe it is a line that will put up points...   Iggy will not be getting all the attention from the opposition in the offensive zone and he finally has linemates that compliment his skill...   I also think Iggy still has some gas left in the tank...

While it might not look like a fast line, It has talent, grit and players whose skill sets compliment each others...   I also believe it is a line that will put up points...   Iggy will not be getting all the attention from the opposition in the offensive zone and he finally has linemates that compliment his skill...   I also think Iggy still has some gas left in the tank...

This.....

Iggy will be given plenty of room with Kjeci and Luci or however you spell their names. He will not have the same amount of pressure as he did in Calgary, and he will be on a team that plays his style of game. As for those of you who think he will have trouble defensively... Just remember how the sutter's ran Iggy. he's been play a good 2 way game since 04. 

This.....

Iggy will be given plenty of room with Kjeci and Luci or however you spell their names. He will not have the same amount of pressure as he did in Calgary, and he will be on a team that plays his style of game. As for those of you who think he will have trouble defensively... Just remember how the sutter's ran Iggy. he's been play a good 2 way game since 04

Flamespatriot, on 24 Sept 2013 - 20:36, said:

You mean like the last few seasons where Iggy and his good 2way game would hover around the blueline to center ice area waiting for that breakout pass?

I'd just like to point out that "Iggy and the Bruins" sounds like a band name \m/

Or a takeoff on the old song "Benny & the Jets".

It was out about the time Ben Haskin started the original WHA Jets & some (my fiance's genius brother among them) out here thought it was about them. :lol:

Flamespatriot, on 24 Sept 2013 - 20:36, said:

You mean like the last few seasons where Iggy and his good 2way game would hover around the blueline tIo center ice area waiting for that breakout paI

What are you talking about?? sutter Nailed the defensive strategy into iggy's mind. I saw him making great plays in our defensive zone all year. Also if you watched any of the pen's play off games you could see him play good defense and staying deep to give malkin a starting step 

What are you talking about?? sutter Nailed the defensive strategy into iggy's mind. I saw him making great plays in our defensive zone all year.

:blink:

are you talking about Darrel, or Brent?

and is it this plane of existence, or perhaps another dimension?

• 2 weeks later...

Good for Iggy...he deserves it..  Things might work for Iggy in Boston and he is wished the best.

Nevertheless, although reports indicate that Calgary Flames will not be a contention team, I believe that the team is doing its level best....and working hard to achieve that status...The role reversal performances such as the defense taking on scoring responsibilities and the offence providing netminding support demonstrates the team's ability to work cohesively.  The credit given to the player performance is also attributed to the team and that is team spirit.  Indeed, it may take long, but after what the Flames went through in 2004, it is good to see their current performance.  Hope this will persevere...

Anyone know the Iggy story in Boston?

I can only go on the numbers... I have nooo idea what Boston fan thinks of anything.

The numbers past his 1 pt in 5 games:

- he's chewing up a solid 18:14/game. 2nd highest forward behind Krecji. Also the 2nd highest F on the PP, also behind Krecji.

- he's sitting at a +2, which is tops for forwards on the team as well (tied will many others). Team is +4, so solid overall in that department.  So altho not putting up points, he's also not giving any up.

The team has only scored 12 goals thru 5 games... so scoring has been an issue for them it seems. 

He leads the team in shots on goal... so just a matter of time before the points come i assume - new team, new systems thing..

Coach definitely seems to like him.

- 2nd to only Lucic in hits.

I always see him getting really good shots in the highlights, like full-blast one timers from the slot. He seems to be hitting posts, getting stopped by great saves, etc. Seems like only a matter of time, especially with his history of starting out slow.

Archived