Is Iginla Cursed?

The_People1

well, Letang is close to returning. And it looks like Crosby will be back within the next couple of weeks. And Beau Bennett is capable of filling the void left by Neal. So I wouldn't go as far as to say that Iginla is cursed  :lol: . Not to mention, Pittsburgh has clinched so they dont need to worry about making it to the playoffs. They can work on team chemistry and getting guys healthy again.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=420218

So Crosby breaks his jaw on Iginla's first game as a Pens.  Now we learn James Neal is out with a concussion.  It looks like the Pens will be banged up going into the playoffs and that's not a good sign.

Is Iginla the curse?  Or is it Douglas Murray?  Just destined to never win a Cup?

I broke my nail yesterday typing here in the forums Peoples. Are you cursed? :D

@pgshelly :
Lines at #Penguins practice; Kunitz-Jokinen-Iginla, Morrow-Dupuis-Bennett, Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy, Glass-Vitale-Adams.

Poor Iggy... goes to the hottest team in the East with the 2 best centers in the league... and he's stuck with another waiver wire material center to play with.... "Here ya go Iggy.. go make some chicken salad outta chicken poop... you're used to it right?"

@pgshelly :

Lines at #Penguins practice; Kunitz-Jokinen-Iginla, Morrow-Dupuis-Bennett, Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy, Glass-Vitale-Adams.

Poor Iggy... goes to the hottest team in the East with the 2 best centers in the league... and he's stuck with another waiver wire material center to play with.... "Here ya go Iggy.. go make some chicken salad outta chicken poop... you're used to it right?"

It's a shame to see him stuck with another mediocre center...

I still would have rather seen Iggy go to Boston, the Bruins and the Flyers were my teams when I was a kid...

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to see Iggy racking up the points and playing a crucial role in the Pens success thusfar!  I am looking forard to the day (later this year) when I see Iggy raise the cup, second behind Sid, and finishthe playoff points leader to boot.

• 4 weeks later...

The Pens should win tonight.

Yes they should if they want to extend their playoffs. If they don't they are toast.

I doubt the Bruins back off when they have a foot on the Pens throat though. The Pens look disorganized which is strange for players that have seen the playoffs before.

The Bruins are @ home & would like a bit of rest before they play the survivor of the Hawks/Kings series.

The Pens will be fighting for their playoff lives but that often leads to players trying to assume too much of the load. A few frustrated stars makes that very possible leading to predictable plays where they try to do too much rather then rely on teammates. If the Bruins score 1st that frustration becomes magnified as the Pens have to come from behind.

Should, could & deserve are words often used by those rooting for a team they are unsure of.

Regardless, the Bruins have 4 chances to win 1 game. The Pens can't afford to lose 1 more. :)

My apologies to Iggy, but this one was just too good to pass up...

That, and the fact I think the return was better from Boston, and I would have rather seen him become a Bruin than a Pengie...   :)

b352f594471b765e5534cf43a54356ad.png

Archived