s4xon

9 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

If he clears he will be at best a backup in AHL. They have to decide if they want to move up Parsons. If they do Lack goes to KC. It doesn't matter if they want him to get his game back. He has to be in a place he doesn't disrupt the other goalie development. 

lets not be too harsh.. hes still an NHL goalie that needs to get his game back.. he just needs to do it where he cant hurt us .

I suppose it is possible a trade is in the works, cuz if he clears , the 30 days to send him down applies to the new team as well

35 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

If he clears he will be at best a backup in AHL. They have to decide if they want to move up Parsons. If they do Lack goes to KC. It doesn't matter if they want him to get his game back. He has to be in a place he doesn't disrupt the other goalie development. 

I wouldn't move up Parsons just because of this potentially happening. If Gilles and Parsons are our next two starter hopefuls let them play where they will get the most action.

6 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

I wouldn't move up Parsons just because of this potentially happening. If Gilles and Parsons are our next two starter hopefuls let them play where they will get the most action.

Parsons was sent to the ECHL because we had 2 goalies in the AHL.  His development is more important than Lack. If it makes sense to have him play in the AHL then you do it. He is doing well in the ECHL so it makes sense to try him at the next level. 

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Parsons was sent to the ECHL because we had 2 goalies in the AHL.  His development is more important than Lack. If it makes sense to have him play in the AHL then you do it. He is doing well in the ECHL so it makes sense to try him at the next level. 

I disagree and heard he was off to a slow start down there. He is still young and doesn't need to be rushed up so our two best prospects are competing for time. This is how and why development falls on its face.

51 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

Cruel IMO if Lack is truly fighting his confidence and this is the reason for such a move. In Hamilton's case the were juggling a few more bodies.

Lack is on waivers because almost 1 in 5 shots on him ends up in the net...

His battle with confidence is his own internal battle...

Lack will have to try and find his game elsewhere as either he is picked up on waivers or he will have to pay some more dues and try and find his way back to the NHL...

There is no cruelty in this decision from the Flames, it would be unfair to the rest of the team to put Lack back between the pipes unless he proves that he can remember how to stop the puck first...

I hope that they give Rittich a shot...   There's only one way to find out what he can do, and I can't see him playing any worse than Lack has...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Carty said:

Lack is on waivers because almost 1 in 5 shots on him ends up in the net...

His battle with confidence is his own internal battle...

Lack will have to try and find his game elsewhere as either he is picked up on waivers or he will have to pay some more dues and try and find his way back to the NHL...

There is no cruelty in this decision from the Flames, it would be unfair to the rest of the team to put Lack back between the pipes unless he proves that he can remember how to stop the puck first...

I hope that they give Rittich a shot...   There's only one way to find out what he can do, and I can't see him playing any worse than Lack has...

I think you misread my cruelty comment as it was about putting Lack in for one more start as phoenix mentioned. To be honest I really don't care what they do with him as I was hoping to see them use Rittich from the start.

20 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

I think you misread my cruelty comment as it was about putting Lack in for one more start as phoenix mentioned. To be honest I really don't care what they do with him as I was hoping to see them use Rittich from the start.

Nope, just agreeing and adding a few thoughts...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MAC331 said:

I disagree and heard he was off to a slow start down there. He is still young and doesn't need to be rushed up so our two best prospects are competing for time. This is how and why development falls on its face.

He was recently recognized for his great work. Goalie of the month IIRC or was it player of the week.  He's playing as a pro.  They signed him because he was ready for pro. 

On 11/20/2017 at 9:12 PM, kehatch said:

The Flames are getting strong tending at every level. Yet this post is still full of complaints about the goalie coaching, goalie development, the recent trades, the schedule, the performance on the ice, etc. 

I direct anyone who feels they need to complain about goal tending at this point in time here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

At every level?? 

how about backup.. How is that level of our goaltending coming along for Flames???

When it comes to goalie coaching..

Who has this goalie coach worked with that can be called a success? Just one or two names would be great.... How about anyone.. anyone at all he worked with at the AHL level and /or NHL level?

As for goalie development

we have another goalie coach in our farm system so removing the present prospects under his care, which prospect goalies has the Flames under his direction developed into a NHL starting goaltender?? oh none.... How about his developing a prospect into a NHL backup??? Can you name one? Reto Bera is still playing somewhat but he was a reclaim story from us by the Av's... wasn't really developed by us anyway.... There must be one.. somewhere...

Maybe LB up in Oiler land.. he is playing a bit as backup this season...

52 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

He was recently recognized for his great work. Goalie of the month IIRC or was it player of the week.  He's playing as a pro.  They signed him because he was ready for pro. 

Pro meaning minor leagues. He is right where should be IMO for this year.

1 minute ago, DirtyDeeds said:

or they are working on a trade, or need the roster spot.. or conditioning ..... Does Montreal still need tending?

well they are using Niemi right now...

Many options yes, 

1) (most likely ) He's being sent down to Stockton until / if he rediscovers his game - gets playing time --  one of our current duo comes up 

2) being traded for another backup about to lose his spot due to a vet coming back (Berra, Hammond , Lindgren, etc) and we are pre waiving him

3) we are clearing the spot due to a bigger trade happening .. it does clear $1M off the cap hit 

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

or not

24 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

or not

https://www.echl.com/playeraward/parsons-named-ccm-echl-goaltender-week

It doesn't make sense to you for some reason.  He was signed to be a pro and develop into a NHL goalie.  Had there not been two prospect/goalies in the AHL, he would be there, whether you agree or not.  They could have left him in junior if lower level competition was all he needed.  

Big picture, we have 1 NHL goalie, 2 AHL goalies, 2 ECHL goalies, and one CHL goalie ready for pro level.  All of these are signed by the Flames to NHL contracts.     

On 11/20/2017 at 9:12 PM, kehatch said:

I direct anyone who feels they need to complain about goal tending at this point in time here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

I'll complain about Lacks shabby goaltending as long as he continues to play like a drunken beer league last minute sub...   :lol:

I'm thinking that you should take your own advice...   You seem to be suffering from some "confirmation bias" yourself...

While we're at it, I'll direct you to this...   Seems like you might find it helpful...   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-righteousness

2 minutes ago, Carty said:

I'll complain about Lacks shabby goaltending as long as he continues to play like a drunken beer league last minute sub...   :lol:

I'm thinking that you should take your own advice...   You seem to be suffering from some "confirmation bias" yourself...

While we're at it, I'll direct you to this...   Seems like you might find it helpful...   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-righteousness

Now Carty.. don't hold back.. tell us how you really feel.... ajq794.jpg

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

https://www.echl.com/playeraward/parsons-named-ccm-echl-goaltender-week

It doesn't make sense to you for some reason.  He was signed to be a pro and develop into a NHL goalie.  Had there not been two prospect/goalies in the AHL, he would be there, whether you agree or not.  They could have left him in junior if lower level competition was all he needed.  

Big picture, we have 1 NHL goalie, 2 AHL goalies, 2 ECHL goalies, and one CHL goalie ready for pro level.  All of these are signed by the Flames to NHL contracts.     

THX for spelling that out for me.

11 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

So beings he is on wavers how come a goalie hasnt been recalled were in dallas tomorrow doesnt he need to be there asap sorry is this is a dumb Question

officially need the open roster spot to "recall" one .. but if thats whats happening there is a good chance the actual goalie has already been told to get to Dallas 

10 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Why not use this one next time - "Oh yeah?".  Ranks right up there with "Or not".

Save yourself the 3 seconds next time.

Why I like watching how you go on about such situations, its comical. Like you are the only one that fully knows what should happen within the whole Flames organization.

The education you provide with each post helps me understand the game of hockey so much better.

1 hour ago, Kiweh said:

Looks like David Rittich got the call!

yah!!!

and interesting .. FAN960 reports Parsons has been called up to Stockton, so either Lack is getting traded, was claimed,  or hes starting his comeback attempt right from the bottom 

update - he cleared .. so that leaves options 1 and 3.. cant see them purposely creating a 3 headed monster in Stockton 

or Not ...unless the Parsons report was incorrect