s4xon

Just an idea that popped into my head.

In Montreal Lindgren has been the best of the 4 used. Price is close to a return so they will run those 2 for as long as possible. My ? is what happens when Montoya is cleared to play. Lindgren is waiver exempt but a win hungry team isn't going to send down the only goalie performing.

I still see Montoya as the ideal backup so should that situation arise I certainly hope BT looks @ the cost to acquire.

Mr. Smith still saving our checking from behind fairly frequently but that is what you want in a starter on nights when the rest of the team barely gets it done.

Now if the defense can tighten it up a bit more & the offense keeps it going, there will be NO stopping us.

A poor goalie lets in numerous shots that shouldn't have been goals & lets in all the shots that should have been goals.

A OK goalie stops most shots that shouldn't have been goals & stops the rare shot that should have been a goal.

A good goalie stops almost all the shots that shouldn't be goals & stops the occasional shot that should have been a goal.

A great goalie stops all the shots that shouldn't be goals & stops numerous shots that should have been goals.

[Edit - I can't believe a$$ (checking from behind) is still on our censored list. :rolleyes:]

7 hours ago, Flyerfan52 said:

Just an idea that popped into my head.

In Montreal Lindgren has been the best of the 4 used. Price is close to a return so they will run those 2 for as long as possible. My ? is what happens when Montoya is cleared to play. Lindgren is waiver exempt but a win hungry team isn't going to send down the only goalie performing.

I still see Montoya as the ideal backup so should that situation arise I certainly hope BT looks @ the cost to acquire.

I agree, I think Lindgren has shown he is an NHL goalie and Montoya would be the odd man out.

I see one issue with MTL as a trade partner, if we bring in a goalie we are gonna need to move a goalie as we already have 6 under contract. MTL would be in a similar spot as they'd have Price/Lindgren and Niemi/Fucale in Laval (does Niemi get claimed yet again lol). We could move McDonald, but then what do you do with Lack? We certainly don't want 3 goalies in Stockton.

15 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I agree, I think Lindgren has shown he is an NHL goalie and Montoya would be the odd man out.

I see one issue with MTL as a trade partner, if we bring in a goalie we are gonna need to move a goalie as we already have 6 under contract. MTL would be in a similar spot as they'd have Price/Lindgren and Niemi/Fucale in Laval (does Niemi get claimed yet again lol). We could move McDonald, but then what do you do with Lack? We certainly don't want 3 goalies in Stockton.

Its Bergevin . he claimed Niemi FFS.. LOL.. He'd probably take Lack in a trade 

• Like 2

The Flames are getting strong tending at every level. Yet this post is still full of complaints about the goalie coaching, goalie development, the recent trades, the schedule, the performance on the ice, etc. 

I direct anyone who feels they need to complain about goal tending at this point in time here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

On 2017-11-20 at 9:12 PM, kehatch said:

The Flames are getting strong tending at every level. Yet this post is still full of complaints about the goalie coaching, goalie development, the recent trades, the schedule, the performance on the ice, etc. 

I direct anyone who feels they need to complain about goal tending at this point in time here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Except we still don’t have any evidence that we have a strong backup option behind Smith. Lack hasn’t played enough to show us if we should expect his decent play or his lousy play the next time he’s put in (or the next time, or the next time after that...). As great as Smith has been, I would still feel a whole lot better if the coaching staff had shown us a bit more faith in Lack to this point, and he had been able to back that faith up with a few Ws.

Did anybody watch/listen to the Kipper interview on the Flames homepage? It's interesting he mentioned that he's going to be making a surprise visit "soon" to Calgary and he said that he wasn't sure if he was allowed to mention the date... Wouldn't it be awesome to see the return of Kipper?!! I know, wishful thinking... heck..at this point I wouldn't mind Kipper returning to become our new goalie coach!

3 minutes ago, Kiweh said:

Did anybody watch/listen to the Kipper interview on the Flames homepage? It's interesting he mentioned that he's going to be making a surprise visit "soon" to Calgary and he said that he wasn't sure if he was allowed to mention the date... Wouldn't it be awesome to see the return of Kipper?!! I know, wishful thinking... heck..at this point I wouldn't mind Kipper returning to become our new goalie coach!

Sounds like a Forever a Flame ceremony. 

Let's be honest, Kipper wouldn't do an interview unless there was a reason ;)

11 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Sounds like a Forever a Flame ceremony. 

Let's be honest, Kipper wouldn't do an interview unless there was a reason ;)

You're probably right.  That makes way more sense.  It would be awesome to see Kipper return to the Flames organization in any capacity though!

1 hour ago, phoenix66 said:

so since they have 30 days to actually send him down if he clears , wonder if this means he gets one more start .. or they've seen enough ..

The deal with waivers is that once he clears they have 30 days or he has to go through waivers again.

This is a sign he needs to go to the AHL. He may be called up but I think his time is done IMHO 

18 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

No way LOL would you do that after telling him he is going on waivers ? Crazy business some days.

it gives them flexibility.. demote him, pick up a new backup and send him down .. bring up Rittich/Gillies and rotate..  im certain their thinking is to give him playing time one way or the other .. and like Cross said , Freddie never left town after he cleared ..    but after Niemi got claimed (twice) I wont be surprised if somebody claims him .. If he didnt actually have a good game last night I'm certain the Habs would have been all over him  

22 minutes ago, cross16 said:

They already did it to Freddie Hamilton

I see the two moves as different.  Freddie was a roster move to free up a spot and was just in case they needed it later on.  He's still #14 here.  Once he plays 10 games, he would have to go on waivers again.  

Lack is a move out of the NHL.  No way (I have been wrong before) he plays here again anytime soon.  They are going to bring up someone else, or they already have a deal for a backup.  A real one.

18 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I see the two moves as different.  Freddie was a roster move to free up a spot and was just in case they needed it later on.  He's still #14 here.  Once he plays 10 games, he would have to go on waivers again.  

Lack is a move out of the NHL.  No way (I have been wrong before) he plays here again anytime soon.  They are going to bring up someone else, or they already have a deal for a backup.  A real one.

i was thinking about this .. assuming he clears, demotion is the only option .. if the plan isnt to give a guy there a call up now you have 3 goalies in Stockton and none will get regular playing time. So if he clears someone is coming up ..

Now if somebody does claim him.. then we can grab another bona fide backup .. hate to say it but Berra has looked really good and hes out when Miller comes back 

33 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

it gives them flexibility.. demote him, pick up a new backup and send him down .. bring up Rittich/Gillies and rotate..  im certain their thinking is to give him playing time one way or the other .. and like Cross said , Freddie never left town after he cleared ..    but after Niemi got claimed (twice) I wont be surprised if somebody claims him .. If he didnt actually have a good game last night I'm certain the Habs would have been all over him  

Cruel IMO if Lack is truly fighting his confidence and this is the reason for such a move. In Hamilton's case the were juggling a few more bodies.

1 minute ago, phoenix66 said:

i was thinking about this .. assuming he clears, demotion is the only option .. if the plan isnt to give a guy there a call up now you have 3 goalies in Stockton and none will get regular playing time. So if he clears someone is coming up ..

Now if somebody does claim him.. then we can grab another bona fide backup .. hate to say it but Berra has looked really good and hes out when Miller comes back 

If they want Lack to work his way back in this is whats best for him going to Stockton. Rittich is looked upon more as a back up I think so let's see what he has to offer.

8 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

If he clears he will be at best a backup in AHL. They have to decide if they want to move up Parsons. If they do Lack goes to KC. It doesn't matter if they want him to get his game back. He has to be in a place he doesn't disrupt the other goalie development. 

3 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

Cruel IMO if Lack is truly fighting his confidence and this is the reason for such a move. In Hamilton's case the were juggling a few more bodies.

true yes.. and i do believe the hope is he clears and they can send him down .. he either gets his game back or we never see him again 

I wouldn't be surprised if the original thought in getting him was to get his game back, then flip him to get some picks at the deadline .. because he was never long term solution and would not have been resigned anyway .. but he kinda messed up that plan ..   potentially getting his game back in the A keeps that dream alive