s4xon

53 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Smith seen walking out of the dressing room without a limp.

No sense guess on a timetable at this point.

Can still walk with groin injury, if it is really severe it makes you limp. I hope it is nothing bad. Groins on players arr tough way tougher for goalies. Fingers crossed 

1 hour ago, tmac70 said:

Can still walk with groin injury, if it is really severe it makes you limp. I hope it is nothing bad. Groins on players arr tough way tougher for goalies. Fingers crossed 

Haven;t had the injury myself, but when I have stretched it, it wasn't the kind of thing that made you grab your pills like you were shot.  

I'm no expert, but it seemed like the kind of reaction you have when you get your bells rung.

7 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Haven;t had the injury myself, but when I have stretched it, it wasn't the kind of thing that made you grab your pills like you were shot.  

I'm no expert, but it seemed like the kind of reaction you have when you get your bells rung.

Could very well be, he was in discomfort for sure. Hope it is what you say because even minor groin injury takes awhile to heal.

1 hour ago, Cowtownguy said:

I sure hope that Smith comes back soon. We just don't know how well Rittich will play if he gets the majority of the next 25 games. 

GG played Smith too frequently.

I Dont think he was played to often you play your #1 Goalie alot now Mike know's gg and he woulld of said Something if he Felt he had played to much Aswell

52 minutes ago, Cowtownguy said:

I sure hope that Smith comes back soon. We just don't know how well Rittich will play if he gets the majority of the next 25 games. 

GG played Smith too frequently.

I'm not too worried atm. We seem to be a different team with Rittich, and Gillies is similar to Rittich.
It's why we have a goalie pipeline. If we're going to fret over forcing guys to take the next step it's a waste of breath.

This is oft-times how so many get a chance.

It puts our development to the test, which might actually be pretty good.

But this is precisely why Rittich probably should have gotten a few more starts up until now.

He's shown no reason why you wouldn't.

Foresight is a fickle thing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

I Dont think he was played to often you play your #1 Goalie alot now Mike know's gg and he woulld of said Something if he Felt he had played to much Aswell

I don't remember where I heard it but Mike Smith loves to start games and face a lot of shots, he's a hard worker, and probably enjoyed playing a few extra games

Smith is a Work Horse So if He has Played alot it is more cause he has wanted to weather you like GG or you dont like him if a goalie feels exhausted cause of the amount he has played the coach will fix that Now yes he is injured but that can happen to a goalie that has played 1 game the groin is a Very Common injury to Hurt with Goalie with the amount of moviing this was and that way

Just now, The_Snowbear said:

Smith is a Work Horse So if He has Played alot it is more cause he has wanted to weather you like GG or you dont like him if a goalie feels exhausted cause of the amount he has played the coach will fix that Now yes he is injured but that can happen to a goalie that has played 1 game the groin is a Very Common injury to Hurt with Goalie with the amount of moviing this was and that way

I agree that Smith is a work horse. I believe, however, that he is #2 in terms of games played this year in the entire NHL. He has hardly had any time off. My concern is that an older goalie is more likely to be injured when fatigue sets in. I complained a long time ago that I thought he was overplayed. You go with the #1 of course, it just seems to me that others should have been played more. 

2 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

We Can Debate that Till The World End's Cowtownguy but the only person thhat can say weather he feels like it is to much is the player himself and if he wants to play he is gonna play doesnt matter literally

That's not actually true or a debate.

The Coach makes the roster decisions.

That is True but Most of the time if the player wants to play and he is a Good player such as smith is he is gonna play if he is playing good now if he is playing like crap then that is were the Coach decision in lineup comes in cause if a player is Playing Great doesnt matter what coach you are you Remove a Goalie usually the player isnt happy unless it is a Back to Back

23 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

That is True but Most of the time if the player wants to play and he is a Good player such as smith is he is gonna play if he is playing good now if he is playing like crap then that is were the Coach decision in lineup comes in cause if a player is Playing Great doesnt matter what coach you are you Remove a Goalie usually the player isnt happy unless it is a Back to Back

That's why coaching has to keep vet goalies in check.

You have to manage them, because they always say yes.

Smith has actually been our crutch, easily our MVP.

All teams get injuries, we'll be okay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Snowbear said:

We Can Debate that Till The World End's Cowtownguy but the only person thhat can say weather he feels like it is to much is the player himself and if he wants to play he is gonna play doesnt matter literally

Perhaps, but I suspect that all players are going to show a desire to play, even if they know that they should not. I think that is why Bennett hid his injured shoulder and was unable to do any pull ups. Given Smith's contract and age, I imagine that he will try to do almost anything to remain in the game. 

I might well be biased against GG. I am willing to acknowledge that I am not a fan of his. I will say that I complained about overplaying Smith many weeks ago because we need to get Rittich more playing time, and because of the risk of injury and fatigue becoming problematic at the wrong time. I used to complain about that with Kipper too. Given that he was made of rubber, he didn't seem to get injured very often and he rarely looked tired. I am not quite as confident when it comes to Smith. The dude has been a warrior for us, no doubt. But most anyone can be bagged out at some point. I didn't even want him playing in the All Star game.