Cammalleri At Center

conundrumed

Any info on this? I would love to see something unexptected happen.

I don't have any links or specific articles at hand. But at the time of the Hudler signing, articles appeared on a couple boards. I recall one out of Detroit (female reporter, can't remember her name), discussed Holland's view on Hudler as well as his potential interest in Bouwmeester.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ennis is an RFA with Buffalo. I don't see much of a trade between the clubs, but he's a youngster I would invest in. He's had 2 pretty solid seasons with Buffalo.

Ryan O'Reilly from the Avs, another RFA. Solid numbers, a little younger, and much bigger. 205 lbs

Berglund from StL is a great option. He's a very big very young guy who is two way player and high hockey IQ. He's improving cosistantly and has shown flashes of very high skill and strength. I have visions of him battling in front of goalies while Cammy, Iggy and tans snipe away. And if they are looking for Jbo, and a Stajan/Backlund and a pick/prospect I think we could get OShie/Berglund and Shattenkirk

With Oreilly and Stastny being the new golden boys in Colorado I think Duschene would be a fairly solid option as well though I know people will dispute his size. Great great skill though. they also lack D and I think a combo of JBo or Butler and prospect (possibly Irving)would do it.

Well said my friend, I could feel the passion as I read this post lol.

Its easy to pick apart a team after missing the playoffs for the last 3 years but Im with you... No one knows until the puck drops and Dang nab-bit I cant wait till it does!

ok you had me until here!

Im sorry but Jay is the best Dman on the team and the arrival of Wideman means we can all lay off Jbow a bit for is offensive short comings.

I definItly agree just playing devils advocate. I know he eats a lot of minutes and is a valuable player I just think people are over valuing him and making his shoes much larger to fill than tey are. I would LOVE to see him thrive under Heartley though!

Berglund from StL is a great option. He's a very big very young guy who is two way player and high hockey IQ. He's improving cosistantly and has shown flashes of very high skill and strength. I have visions of him battling in front of goalies while Cammy, Iggy and tans snipe away. And if they are looking for Jbo, and a Stajan/Backlund and a pick/prospect I think we could get OShie/Berglund and Shattenkirk

With Oreilly and Stastny being the new golden boys in Colorado I think Duschene would be a fairly solid option as well though I know people will dispute his size. Great great skill though. they also lack D and I think a combo of JBo or Butler and prospect (possibly Irving)would do it.

If that Stl trade is somehow pulled off, I'll dance around my living room stark naked belting out Ode to Joy at the top of my lungs. I'll make a sig just to put a .gif of it in there. Seriously though that would be a great deal. Getting Shattenkirk back to fill the Jbo hole? Unreal. Oshie or Berglund would be stellar. As for Duchene, that would be a steal as well. However I doubt after the contract he signed Colorado up and trades him. This is shot to show them what he's got, and as you mentioned, there's a ton of skill there. He could be a dynamite #1C, better than O'reilly or Stasty.

Any of those three coming in, allowing Cammy play wing, would be viewed a great success IMO. Again though, giving up Bo...you have to fill that hole. The D would be prettay dismal with him gone, especially as he could, as mentioned many times all over these boards previously, see a resurgence in his offensive game under Hartley's coaching. Butler on the other hand...

If that Stl trade is somehow pulled off, I'll dance around my living room stark naked belting out Ode to Joy at the top of my lungs. I'll make a sig just to put a .gif of it in there. Seriously though that would be a great deal. Getting Shattenkirk back to fill the Jbo hole? Unreal. Oshie or Berglund would be stellar. As for Duchene, that would be a steal as well. However I doubt after the contract he signed Colorado up and trades him. This is shot to show them what he's got, and as you mentioned, there's a ton of skill there. He could be a dynamite #1C, better than O'reilly or Stasty.

Any of those three coming in, allowing Cammy play wing, would be viewed a great success IMO. Again though, giving up Bo...you have to fill that hole. The D would be prettay dismal with him gone, especially as he could, as mentioned many times all over these boards previously, see a resurgence in his offensive game under Hartley's coaching. Butler on the other hand...

Jackman would be more realistic. But they like him a lot there and with Polak showing promise and hopes of finding a partner for A.P. it may not be so far off.

Berglund+Shattenkirk/Jackman/Polak

For

JBO+ Backlund/Stajan/Horak +late pick(s)

All the guys we'd being in are young and could develop here further, so a draft pick may be worth it as they already show promise. Berglund has size youth and skill and one of those D men can help fill the gap Jbo leaves (they wouldnt move berglund for anything less than Jay or id suggest Butler) and again, young and already show promise. We also get cap room, get younger and bigger and more physical which I believe the concensis is we need?

The do this cause JBo would be perfect partner for AP who compliments his style of play. Stajan or Backlund help fill their 2nd line C and they take on cap space to reach cap floor. They also get a little more veteran presence to help the youth in the club and Jbo has the chance to rejuvinate himself under Hitchcock.

This is Assuming cap setup doesn't change dramatically as the NHL proposed. And yes Hartleys system could help Jay as well but all in all I think this trade helps both team significantly as we fill each others needs.

Jackman would be more realistic. But they like him a lot there and with Polak showing promise and hopes of finding a partner for A.P. it may not be so far off.

Berglund+Shattenkirk/Jackman/Polak

For

JBO+ Backlund/Stajan/Horak +late pick(s)

All the guys we'd being in are young and could develop here further, so a draft pick may be worth it as they already show promise. Berglund has size youth and skill and one of those D men can help fill the gap Jbo leaves (they wouldnt move berglund for anything less than Jay or id suggest Butler) and again, young and already show promise. We also get cap room, get younger and bigger and more physical which I believe the concensis is we need?

The do this cause JBo would be perfect partner for AP who compliments his style of play. Stajan or Backlund help fill their 2nd line C and they take on cap space to reach cap floor. They also get a little more veteran presence to help the youth in the club and Jbo has the chance to rejuvinate himself under Hitchcock.

This is Assuming cap setup doesn't change dramatically as the NHL proposed. And yes Hartleys system could help Jay as well but all in all I think this trade helps both team significantly as we fill each others needs.

Trouble is here... It wont happen that way... The blues want another dman without expending one they already have... They feel they lack depth...

Thus dont expect a defenseman coming back the other way in the trade... Berglund for jaybo seems the most obvious...

I don't have any links or specific articles at hand. But at the time of the Hudler signing, articles appeared on a couple boards. I recall one out of Detroit (female reporter, can't remember her name), discussed Holland's view on Hudler as well as his potential interest in Bouwmeester.

I read a lot of hockey sites & remember rumors of JBo to Detroit becoming more numerous (they've been around for a while) after the Lidstrom retirement. I can't cite chapter & verse (or quote a particular media name) but those rumors are still out there.

I fully back CW on this.

Any doubters can do a quick search to find multiple media mentioning this. (I'm pretty sure Elliotte Friedman is 1 that mentioned it both on air & in print.)

Again, JBo is viewed more favorably outside Calgary.

*I just can't figure what the Wings can trade because both teams want to strengthen their D. Detroit needs 2 top D so can't trade a top 4 & a forward for JBo. Yet that's the only return the Flames should consider.*

I read a lot of hockey sites & remember rumors of JBo to Detroit becoming more numerous (they've been around for a while) after the Lidstrom retirement. I can't cite chapter & verse (or quote a particular media name) but those rumors are still out there.

I fully back CW on this.

Any doubters can do a quick search to find multiple media mentioning this. (I'm pretty sure Elliotte Friedman is 1 that mentioned it both on air & in print.)

*I just can't figure what the Wings can trade because both teams want to strengthen their D. Detroit needs 2 top D so can't trade a top 4 & a forward for JBo. Yet that's the only return the Flames should consider.*

We wont get that return for jay... Just not likely

Exactly, hockey brother...

I think Detroit could use JBo, but they could afford to trade offensive talent much more so than defensive... So Detroit might not be the right trading partner for that deal...

And as a lot of us realize, we can't trade JBo without the right return on D, without opening a hole on D that would take too long to patch while trying to stay afloat...

JBo has value, so it is maybe better to hang on to him unless there is an appropriate return... There is no reason for a fire sale here...

With the right team it's not that far fetched.

The D won't = JBo on his own but still be a solid top 4. The youngish forward fills a gap on the front.

I dont see it... Not alot of teams want to trade a top 4 guy and a young forward for another solid top four guy whose slightly better...

I fully back CW on this.

Thanks FF.

I know everyone wants links when someone makes a claim like I made - and I agree wholeheartedly, and fully support that notion. But sometimes you just don't have one anymore. So I appreciate the backup.

Jackman resigned last year(2 year/$612,500 per). I seem to remember Feaster saying he was resigned for a deadline deal that went south, but I could be mistaken.

I'm fine with him at that price.

Your C list includes Cervenka (LW) and Hudler (LW/RW), which is the part that unnerves me. Neither have been playing as natural centers at this level (or the KHL level).

I'm not saying they can't make the transition, but it raises an eyebrow of serious concern if they don't transition very well.

Feaster has assured us that they can play C, but that doesn't make him correct as there is no supporting evidence.

Cammalleri being an option raises that old debate for all 3 guys: "Are we utilizing our individual player's skillsets appropriately?".

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you are not 100% correct in your bolded statement above. While true Roman did not play C in KHL, Jiri did, just go look at his stats, the year he was there he took the most face offs on the entire team. and for you lazy people here is a link

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you are not 100% correct in your bolded statement above. While true Roman did not play C in KHL, Jiri did, just go look at his stats, the year he was there he took the most face offs on the entire team. and for you lazy people here is a link

His FO% was 47.4... Not great, but he does have experience playing center 3 seasons ago...

But I think I would still rather see him on the wing...

His FO% was 47.4... Not great, but he does have experience playing center 3 seasons ago...

But I think I would still rather see him on the wing...

The point is that he can be molded to play center or wing. I'd like to see him perform at both positions, however, I don't care either way, I just want to see Cervenka successful in his NHL debut. His position will be figured out by november, hopefully it won't be by Christmas.

Thanks FF.

I know everyone wants links when someone makes a claim like I made - and I agree wholeheartedly, and fully support that notion. But sometimes you just don't have one anymore. So I appreciate the backup.

A lot of times we heard something on TV/radio a while ago & a link takes more work to find (if there are even links) then it's worth.

I get a lot of stuff via links to out of town papers Illegal Curve puts up but I'll be danged if I search a week of those for a link to a link.

Some things have to be taken on credibility of the poster. You are 1 that deserves that & I recall reading/hearing the same thing you posted so of course I'll back you.

If people want to ? my cred that's their loss. There are certain posters I believe & others that I put less faith in. The 2nd group I might ? and do my own research (& have no problem calling them out for faulty facts gleaned from a less then reputable blogger) but the 1st I don't bother because I believe them.

Short version, you're welcome.

No worries, my main pt was at this level, I added, "(or the KHL)", in regards to Cervenka who was introduced and tabloided as "Flames ink center" type stuff.

Apologies for not wording that differently, I'm familiar with Hudler.

So According to this article Feaster has been pursuing Semin and the idea is that the acquired Hudler to be a number #1 C. I don't know what to think about this yet.

http://t.co/WHKPfqX8

Some of his ideas seem a little over enthusiastic and don't make sense to me but he may know something I dont

Wow. Building a team around Wideman? A little bit of a stretch. I can't see that happening. I don't think Wideman is a guy you would build a franchise around, let alone be your Captain. I also don't know how to take Semin...I know he's good, but he is known around the league for being lazy, and that poison isn't needed in the locker room, especially coming off 3 non playoff seasons where we were just outside looking in.

So According to this article Feaster has been pursuing Semin and the idea is that the acquired Hudler to be a number #1 C. I don't know what to think about this yet.

http://t.co/WHKPfqX8

Some of his ideas seem a little over enthusiastic and don't make sense to me but he may know something I dont

No offense meant oldschool... But the guy that wrote that blog kind of lost me four sentences in with this... "Surprisingly, it is hard to see why the Calgary Flames failed to make the playoffs for the past two seasons while they practically had the same roster during the 2004 Stanley Cup Finals in which the Canadian based club lost in Game 7 to Tampa Bay Lightning."...

I would also have to question this bloggers opinions regarding Wideman and Hudler... Then on top of that, his speculating on Semin coming to the Flames as indicated from most of his sources made me chuckle ...

No offense meant oldschool... But the guy that wrote that blog kind of lost me four sentences in with this... "Surprisingly, it is hard to see why the Calgary Flames failed to make the playoffs for the past two seasons while they practically had the same roster during the 2004 Stanley Cup Finals in which the Canadian based club lost in Game 7 to Tampa Bay Lightning."...

I would also have to question this bloggers opinions regarding Wideman and Hudler... Then on top of that, his speculating on Semin coming to the Flames as indicated from most of his sources made me chuckle ...

I was thinking along the same lines but it's food for thought. I like hearing/sharing different perspectives. I posted it cause of the Semin reference. I wouldn't be surprised if Feater pursued him

I was thinking along the same lines but it's food for thought. I like hearing/sharing different perspectives. I posted it cause of the Semin reference. I wouldn't be surprised if Feater pursued him

The roster is a little light on the RW. There doesn't seem to be much speculation around Calgary landing him, but Feaster has been known to operate outside the analyst rants.

The roster is a little light on the RW. There doesn't seem to be much speculation around Calgary landing him, but Feaster has been known to operate outside the analyst rants.

True which is why it wouldn't surprise me. I AM however surprised he hasn't pursued Kubina. I thought for sure he'd be wearing a Flames logo next season

We aren't light on RW anymore.

Iginla

Hudler

Stempniak

Comeau

Jackman

and on LW we have

Tanguay

Cammalleri

Glencross

Baertschi

Bouma

even if Cammalleri moves to center we still have a legit top 9 winger sitting out.

Archived